main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Let's say Rey dies in the middle of Episode IX...

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ghost, Sep 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moxlox

moxlox Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Well....she could come back in the 2nd half of the film as a force ghost with Luke Skywalker!

2. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Rose can save her and give her the "saving the ones we love" speech again.

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Um... my main idea was that it could be a "Rogue Two..." perhaps led by women.

Not kill for shock value... but underlining TLJ's message that anyone can be a hero.

And no, I'm not looking for any way someone besides Rey can be the hero of the trilogy... I love Rey, and I'm glad the new trilogy protagonist is a female. But remember, the main protagonist of the PT trilogy failed. The main protagonist of the OT trilogy failed to be the big hero to save the day. With all of the other echoes from the old EU, I'm genuinely surprised there hasn't yet been an "Anakin Solo" moment. I'm not saying this is my preferred ending, it's not, but it just struck me as a possibility so I wanted to discuss it with others.

4. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    ...and a kiss.

dlbates and christophero30 like this.
  5. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    There used to be a greying tower alone on the sea.

6. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, no way Rey dies in IX.

They may do something like making Rey and Ben/Kylo joint heroes, since an argument could be made they are the co-leads of the trilogy and final victory could come when they find balance. But that's it. Rey's not going to die for Finn to be the main hero, and certainly not for a "Rogue Two" group of new characters.

7. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    More chance of Donald Trump becoming a Buddhist Monk than Rey getting killed off.

jaqen, Birkendoc and heels1785 like this.
  8. The-Clone-Wars

The-Clone-Wars Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    How do you know? They are still able to surprise us. I mean did anyone expect Snoke to bite the dust in 8? JJ really set up Finn to be important in TFA and his identity seemed important to Maz. I think Rey risking her life for Finn and Finn saving the day would be awesome. Perhaps 9 could open with a more rough and rugged Finn learning the ways of the Force from Rey, and later he uses that knowledge to defeat Kylo. I like that idea. It feels different yet complementary to what we've seen so far and fresh.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  9. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    So this is all about killing off Rey so that Finn can be the Jedi and the hero, isn't it.

Yeah, I'm making that I'm not all that impressed face.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    RiddleMeThis and milena like this.
  10. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I would be shocked, but that would be a horrible reason to pull off a twist in the last film. They spent 2 movies making her the hero. I don't see another character taking over as the protagonist at this point. It would seem pretty flat to me if Finn or Poe take on Kylo Ren at the end of the movie. It would be even worse if one of them defeated him unless Poe shot him with an X wing or something. She is also Ren's only attachment to the light (well, her and Leia). I think that's what is being set up to be the weakness in him keeping him from total victory at this point.

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I think I'd walk out of the movie if she dies in the middle of it.

Birkendoc and RiddleMeThis like this.
  12. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Finn as the lead? You really think Disney would want IX to make less money than Solo?

Birkendoc and vaderito like this.
  13. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    He does like the color orange.

Django Fett likes this.
  14. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    But he doesn't do celibacy and he'll never abandon his wig.

15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    This one's run its course.

Ghost and Pro Scoundrel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.