main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Let's start a Fan Force Chapter!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Pallas-Athena, May 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    Hey everybody!

If you haven't noticed, Los Angeles doesn't have a fan force chapter. I've been talking to Elan-Rai about this, too.

We need to set up a meeting with at least three people in attendance. We'll have to have two more meetings after that, but first things first, right?

I was thinking, for those of us that are interested, we can meet at a public place, like Universal City Walk, Hollywood/Highland and maybe watch AotC or some other fun thing.

LA is a big area, so we can decuss the closest place for everybody who wants to come.

Personally, I spend the school year in LA city itself and my summers in Riverside county, so I'm open to just about anywhere.

Anyone interested?

2. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    we are setting up an Inland Empire, CA fan force group. I live in the area.

Check the southwest general board and post in the IE interest thread.

3. ajthelegend

ajthelegend Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2002
    I am all for getting a Fan Force Started in this area... Please let me know if their is anything I can do to help.... I also know other people who would be more than willing to join... Lets do this you guys... We have no excuse....

4. JediPadme

JediPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 1999
    I'm all for starting something like this :) I'm in the Los Angeles area near the University of Southern California. Count me in! :)

5. ajthelegend

May 13, 2002
    Cool Padme.... Do you also know other people that you could get to join???? The more the better.... I think we just need a minimum of 3 or 4 people to actually get it started??? Anyways glad someone else finally showed intrest....

6. JediPadme

May 25, 1999
    Well I have some RL friends I go to school with that I could probably get in on this. ..

7. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Alright, now we're getting some where! :D

Padme, you have SW friends at school? Where the heck are they?!?

Well, anyway, a possible spot for meeting is defintely around USC. I'm currently on break and in the IE (yet am strangely more connected to LA).

We now, of course, have three people. I was hoping for more, but I guess we could plan something.

To be truthful, I was hoping to really get this up and running when school started again, but I suppose I can just drive a ways for our first coupla meetings.

8. ajthelegend

May 13, 2002
    Alright thats what I'm talking bout... Hey who do we contact to inform that we want to be and official Fan Force??? Meeting around the LA or USC campus sounds cool as hell... Lets do this yall

9. ajthelegend

May 13, 2002
    I think that we first need to come to a conclusion on where we would like to have our initial meeting... I suggest the Irvine Spectrum (The town center) Any other suggestions...

10. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Good suggestion. I mentioned city walk before, too.

Where is everybody?

11. ajthelegend

May 13, 2002
    K we have a suggestion for city walk Padme how bout you??? any suggestions???? So far for our initial meeting spots we have The Irvine Spectrum or City Walk????

12. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    City Walk sounds good..I'm up there regularly.

13. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Hey jedilona!

Wooohooo 4 people!

14. Silent_Bob_West

Silent_Bob_West Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    I'm up for forming a chapter in Los Angeles Too. After going to Celebration 2, I was surprised how little LA Fans were represented. The other Cities fans looked like they had great fun. I was a hit dressed as Silent Bob. If We do start up a Chapter here, I would like to also include View Askew fans in there. It could give Uniqueness to an L.A. chapter. There are so many Star Wars References in Kevin Smith Films, I think a combined Fandom would be a good idea.

15. JediPadme

May 25, 1999
    CityWalk is okay I guess, but it sucks having to pay so much for parking... and aside from meeting like on campus, there's really nowhere near SC that would be a good meeting spot.

16. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    How about Dennys! LOL j/k ;)

Yes, city walk is a pain for parking. Can you think of anywhere else?

Silent Bob, although a combined fandom sounds like an interesting idea, I doubt FF would approve. Besides, many SW fans may not be Kevin Smith fans.

17. ajthelegend

May 13, 2002
    ok any other suggestions???? So is city walk out of the equation????

18. jedilona

Nov 18, 2000
    How about just trying for Universal for at least the first meeting? I know that the parking costs are a pain..
    But once we get the first meeting going and set, and meet each other, then we can find a better/easier place to meet for the following meetings..

19. ajthelegend

May 13, 2002
    THAT SOUNDS GOOD TO ME.... SO DO WE ALL AGREE ON CITY WALK FOR OUR INITIAL MEETING????

20. jedilona

Nov 18, 2000
    Sounds good to me..
    Now for a day and time :)

21. ajthelegend

May 13, 2002
    ATHENA AND PADME WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT CITY WALLK FOR OUR FIRST MEETING....

22. JediPadme

May 25, 1999
    I'm okay with it. When do you guys want to make it? I'm free most of Thursday or in the evenings pretty much.

23. ajthelegend

May 13, 2002
    Well what week are we talking this week next week... I can check my schedule depending on what week it is and let you know for sure...

24. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    City Walk's fine.

I think I'll bribe my best friend into giving me a ride.

EDIT: Remember that we have to let Fan Force know in advance.

25. jedilona

Nov 18, 2000
    Wednesday evening of this week is good for me..(So far evenings are usually the best time for me)..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.