main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Letting Qui-Gons be Qui-Gons: A Renamed Characterization/Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by female_obi_wan, Sep 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I'm still working on mine. I meant to get more done, but funny how a sick, teething baby tends to take away any free time.

2. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    I suppose now you're going to blame me for your lack of a post this week on Betrayal aren't you? :p

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Layren, you know me too well...:D

4. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    I guess after reading your stuff for over two years I get to know you pretty well ;)

Excellent job with the challenge Diane that was brilliant :p I'm still laughing :D

5. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I posted the other one. I'm not sure about it but there it is and now I've fulfilled my romance challenge plate....

I am glad to see the bunnies are still hopping madly about, though.

6. JalendaviLady

JalendaviLady Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I've almost got the dialogue-free bunny finished and postable... a little easier than dialogue-only, but still a pain.

7. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Noi, you have free time??? :eek: :p

Great job everyone on the stories!

8. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    Okay, so free time is more a spare minute here or there and is probably more a figment of my imagination, but I somehow manage to get some writing done. :p

9. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    I for one am impressed that you can Master_Noi with teething little ones about the place.

Mine has just discovered her first loose tooth and is alarmingly (and yet also amusingly) enthused about the idea.

KD

10. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    well, if she believes in the tooth fairy, for heaven sake, don't forget to leave some money. I did one time and didn't stop hearing about the forgetful tooth fairy for weeks.

11. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    LOL! If I ever forget like that I plan on claiming that the tooth fairy must have been unable to thread her way over to the bed because of all the stuff on the floor. Most days that should work.

I have no idea how long they take to fall out but as soon as she told me the tooth was loose I went and got four gold dollar coins. So that will last me through the first four teeth. The trick will be remembering to get more when I get down to only one. And remembering where I stashed them of course.

There's a bunny for someone else. Qui-Gon losing his first tooth (or I suppose, losing one later in life even) and or giving up the idea of the tooth fairy or the midwinter mist or whatever that gives presents to good little initiates etc.

KD

12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Yikes, sounds like I'd better check out the story thread again.

13. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    LOL Diane! Sounds like something my oldest would do. He had an incredible memory so I can't ever forget anything.

14. JalendaviLady

JalendaviLady Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    The drabble is done, and I have no more romance to write.

*falls over*

15. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    So I posted situation 2 and then it occurred to me to ponder. Would the group at large prefer that I posted those into their own thread rather than spamming the story thread? I thought that in honor of Valentines Day I would (because I was too slow to be done already) post one a day or so for Valentine's week.

If you care one way or another feel free to send a PM instead of clogging threads. If I get no feedback I'll flip a coin before I post more. And if everyone is ready to move on to the next challenge I'll just go to a separate thread for the rest now.

KD

16. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    KD I think you should post them on the Qui thread, just because they were inspired by the challenge. But if you want their own thread, that would be fine as well.

As for the next challenge, the most votes seem to be 2-3 weeks for a challenge. But now what do people want for the next one????

Here's the list again.

1) Haiku
    2) kill challenge
    3) Action Qui
    4) flash fiction between 101-499 words on any topic
    5) broken nose
    6) romance
    7) long hair challenge
    8) Evil Qui
    9) Qui trying to pick his first padawan
    10) Qui doing something that earns or furthers his label of rogue
    11) picture round-robin
    12) day in the life (alternate lifestyle for Qui)
    13) day in the life of Jedi Qui
    14) Undercover Qui
    15) Interviewing Qui
    16) Qui-Gon realizes that he's getting older
    17) drabbles exactly 100 words.
    18) Jinn goes native
    19) childhood Qui-Gon

I like rogue Qui-Gon myself :D

17. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    Okie dokie. I just didn't want future generations going "what's with this chick, posting story after story and not letting anyone else have a chance"

I have PMed you. but you probably knew that...

KD

18. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Yes, I knew that and I'm sure no one would ever say that you were hogging the thread, KD!!!

19. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    k-d, I vote for hod the thread all you want.. and any others that want to please. For one it takes the pressure off for those of us who aren't as quick and I love to read all those posts anyway.

So post away or feel free to bombard me with Qui fic via pmn all you want!

20. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Just making a circuit of the social threads wanting to give a heads up regarding the Fan Fiction Survey after a user informed me that had they not been told of it, she wouldn't have noticed the sticky on the Resource board.

21. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    I think I want to do either Drabbles or Interviewing Qui.

22. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Being the survey is underway brought to mind if the Jedi COuncil would ever do something like it. What kind of questions would be on it... and how do you think Qui-Gon would answer those questions...

How about a list of questions??

What do you enjoy about being a Jedi?

23. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    I can just see Qui's reply.

"What are your thoughts on the rules in general and the Jedi Code specifically?"

"Are there any suggestions you have for improvement with the current system?"

"How do you think the program for the initates is doing and how would you change it if you could?"

:p

24. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    having just gone through my targets at work with all the Corporate double-speak <insert bad word here>, I started laughing when I read Layren's questions... it was just so funny and I could picture Qui-Gon's face when he was asked them!

25. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    So let's do that then lol let's Survey Qui :p it sounds like fun to me :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.