main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Life Beyond the Code (AU Post TPM: OWK/AS) Update 5/9/11 - Ch. 45

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by bek, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Anxiously waiting for the reunion with Qui-Gon.

I can't believe the council wanting to curb Obi-Wan's private life, especially when he is the one to save them.
    Well hopefully save them. The council members are fools I think.

Great job bek.=D=

2. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    obimom: Ok, just wanted to post here also...wonderful!!! Loved this.

Thank you! :)

I hope Palps doesn't find out about Obi's daughter, that worries me.

The story in that regard is still up in the air?hopefully a decision will be made soon. ;) Do you really think Obi-Wan would allow anything to happen to his baby girl? o_O

Valairy_Scot: Bad Obimom, bad, beating me to the reply!

[face_laugh]

Yeah, an update! The long drought is - over?

It?s about time, huh? As for the drought, I really hope so! [face_praying] I have a few other stories currently in the works that I?m anxious to get to once this one and Somewhere? are completed.

Gkilkenny: Anxiously waiting for the reunion with Qui-Gon.

Coming right up.

I can't believe the council wanting to curb Obi-Wan's private life, especially when he is the one to save them. Well hopefully save them. The council members are fools I think.

They?ve allowed him many privileges they haven?t allowed anyone else. Should anyone learn of all the concessions made on his behalf, I would think the Council would be accused of playing favorites. However, don?t worry about Obi-Wan; he?s no longer the padawan who thinks the council knows best. ;)

Great job bek.

Thank you! :)

Chapter 45

Fear not for the future, weep not for the past. (Percy Bysshe Shelley)

Obi-Wan was almost to the Temple when he felt frustration coming through the bond he shared with his padawan. Opening the connection, he was surprised by how loudly the youth was broadcasting the situation. Having listened to the conversation, he rubbed a hand over his face before tugging on the connection to let Anakin know he had heard everything. Giving the youth the day off, he hoped the younger man would take advantage of it and get some much needed rest in whatever form it came in.

His thoughts then found their way to Khloe. She was the closest thing Jamiyan had to a mother figure in her life since Siri?s death. With the missions he and Anakin had been on these past years, he had had to leave his daughter with the Lars? for safekeeping. He visited at every opportunity and missed her terribly during their separations. In his absences, he had discovered through a conversation with Shmi that Jaims had taken a liking to Khloe, the two visiting together often.

He rubbed a hand over his chin in thought. On their way to Naboo after the Tusken camp incident, Shmi had told him that Khloe was engaged. He still missed his wife terribly. But he was beginning to understand Siri?s last request of him even as a part of him fought against it. Having returned to Tatooine with Qui-Gon and Anakin after she died, Obi-Wan had isolated himself for some time, only spending sporadic moments in the company of his makeshift family.

It wasn?t until Khloe had come to visit that he discovered life continued on even in his grief. She had helped him as only a true friend could. Due to their time spent in one another?s company years before, she was familiar with his idiocies and never once allowed him to wallow in self-pity no matter how much he would have liked to at times. She was always straight with him even while understanding his pain.

It was during this grieving process that he and Khloe had rediscovered and rekindled the close friendship they had shared in the earlier years of his time on Tatooine. He hadn?t thought to ask Khloe if she and her fiancé had ever tied the knot, but then he and Anakin hadn?t been invited to a wedding and he assumed she would have invited them so he guessed that maybe they hadn?t yet gotten that far. The joy he felt upon seeing her at Padmé?s apartment was quickly replaced by a flood of worry: how could he concentrate on what he had to do if he was worried about his friends and family? That was the whole reason he and Anakin had left the

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    How satisfying to see those two talk so candidly. Just splendiforous!

4. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Ok, I was gone for a few hours about an hour away, so that's why you got here first this time, Val....:p

But Ok, Loved this chapter. Obi misses Siri...[face_love] but do I see Khloe in his future? See, Obi's worried just like I am that Palps will find out about his daughter....but I still hope he doesn't, or Palps won't know a determined Jedi till he has to confront a protective father.

Does Obi still have long hair? Please say he does? I just love picturing him that way in this story....(yes, I'm an old die hard long hair from the 70s);)

5. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    =D= Absolutely amazing. I love the time Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon spent together sorting out
    Obi-Wan's fears and problems. I hope Obi-Wan lets them help him now and with the Force as backing they will beat the devil.

[face_dancing] =D=

6. charie

charie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    That was fantastic! Keep it coming bek! And please keep me PMed. Thanks a bunch.=D=

7. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Great story! And man am I late to the party. Its times like this I wish I had been on force.net sooner. On to the chapter though, I am really hoping that the Jedi can actaually help Obi-Wan and Anakin this time. Can you add me to the PM list?

8. crofootski

crofootski Jedi Knight

May 19, 2011
    I, too, am late to the party, having found theforce.net just a few weeks ago. (It's 2011! Where have I been?!) Anyway, this is a tremendous story and I hope you will please add me to your PM list so I won't miss anything! Love it!:)

9. BrightFeather

BrightFeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    Well done. It's good to see them talking frankly.

10. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Will there be an update soon? I miss this wonderful story. Please say there will be...[face_praying]

11. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Any updates in the near future? Really enjoy this story. The relationship between Obi-Wan, Anakin and Shmi is so well done.

12. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    The next chapter is in progress. :) I'll try to keep you all updated. Thanks so much for sticking with this. I hope to have it updated soon. What 'soon' means, I'm not quite sure. But the chapter is being written.

Thanks for asking about updates...it reminds me to keep writing!

13. BrightFeather

BrightFeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    Bek- I don't know if I'm still on the update list. If I'm not there, add me please?

14. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    BrightFeather, will do! :)

15. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I'd appreciate a PM when you update too please, Bek. :)

16. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I would like to get notified of updates too!