main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Life Beyond the Code (AU Post TPM: OWK/AS) Update 5/9/11 - Ch. 45

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by bek, Jul 20, 2005.

1. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Interesting. [face_thinking]
    I know this is the Jedi Philosophy, but I've got my own problems with the Jedi philosophy. However, I think what the Jedi don't realize is that, yes for some attachment would be too much to handle, but the Jedi that could have attachment and be a Jedi would be a much stronger Jedi. I think that those who learn to love, true love (not just romantic), not lust or possession, are those who end up the strongest, the ones who learn best how to serve and sacrifice. Um, yeah,....

*climbs down off soap box*

2. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I can't believe that I didn't reply to the last post before this one.

I sense a near explosion in the future when Qui-Gon finds out that Obi-Wan left the order and when Obi finds out that his Master is alive.

Finally Anakin figured out why Obi didn't want to spar. Three cheers for Anakin :D

3. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Muchly enjoyed the sparring session. :D So Obi is sensing something. Things should get interesting! [face_mischief]

4. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Absolutely wonderful!

I loved the interaction between Obi-Wan and Anakin. And you are very good at keeping us guessing about the "mortally wounded" Jedi...:D :D :D

Can't wait for more![:D]

Ani-maniac

5. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    ?We would never hurt one another.? Please say they wouldn't. I love the family bond they have and how much having this small "family" is causing Obi-Wan to think about attachment.

Oh, what's going to happen with Qui-Gon?

6. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005

Fantastic update Bek!

I was very excited to see the PM in my box, and of course, was greeted with another wonderful addition to the story..

It's so poignant how Anakin manages to get to the core of what Obi-Wan is feeling, and how Obi gets over his fear, and they have a fun sparring match. :) yay!

I also liked the chat about attachment.

The mention of Shmi was kind of sinister in my opinion, I really hope nothing happens to her...

and yes! I knew it was Qui-Gon!! :D

But Yodas going to have a lot of explaining to do... the suspense is going to kill me! How did they save him? Hmmm...

and like Jacen200015 said, I sense a near explosion in the future too...

please update soon!! :D

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Argh! I missed so much! How could I do that!? This story is one of those that gets better and better with every single post, drawing me in more and more! Lovely! =D= I really can't wait to see what you have next for us! Do you accept bribes? [face_thinking]

8. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    At last, they have begun dueling together. This will not only advance Anakin's abilities, but also help Obi-Wan get over his fear of dueling with a comrade.

Happy to see Qui-Gon coming back to health, and it seems that Obi-Wan has noticed (to a degree). Can't wait to see the reunion between those two, when it comes.

Great post! Sorry that I didn't review earlier, I was out-of-state with friends, and am right now catching up...no easy task. So until the post post arrives, I shall be on the lookout!:D

9. KTfanfic

KTfanfic Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 16, 2005
    This is very good, can?t wait to see what happens! =D=

10. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    I'm feeling really really bad for Obi...:_|
    thanks for the PM[face_peace]

11. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Thank you. Ani-maniac, for telling me about this very interesting story!

I have enjoyed reading it and catching up on it! :D

I liked Obi-Wan's reasons for not wanting to spar with Anakin...and the vision Obi-Wan had of his own Master!

Good Job! =D=

12. River_Stone

River_Stone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    Wow!

An excellent twist that I never expected! It will be very interesting to see how his return affects Obi-Wan's and Anakin's relationship.

I absolutely adore how you wrote the scene with Cleigg Larrs and the relationships you've built between them all (the chair issue with Anakin was particularly well done).

Ohhh, this is good! Keep it up! [face_love]

13. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    kateydidnt: I think that those who learn to love, true love (not just romantic), not lust or possession, are those who end up the strongest, the ones who learn best how to serve and sacrifice. I couldn?t have said it better! ;) Thanks for reading! :)

jacen: I sense a near explosion in the future when Qui-Gon finds out that Obi-Wan left the order and when Obi finds out that his Master is alive. Possibly?stronger possibility. :p Sorry, no definite on that. I?m not sure how that latter part will play out yet. :)

OE: So Obi is sensing something. [face_mischief]

Ani-maniac: And you are very good at keeping us guessing about the ?mortally wounded? Jedi? Somehow I think you all already know who it is! :p But thanks for making me feel as though I?ve kept it a secret. :D

Master_Noi: Not only think about it, Obi-Wan is experiencing it far beyond that of his master/padawan relationship with Qui-Gon. His growing tie to the Skywalkers is something he will discover more and more as this progresses. :)

JOINME: The mention of Shmi was kind of sinister in my opinion, I really hope nothing happens to her? Me too. [face_mischief] ?the suspense is going to kill me! How did they save him? Hmmm? Save who? :confused: Besides, I?m trying to figure out that part out too, and make it believable. ;)

VaderLVR64: Do you accept bribes? Possibly! What ?cha got? :p

AP4EVER: Sorry that I didn?t review earlier? No problem! :) Just when you can. :D Can?t wait to see the reunion between those two? Who would that be? [face_thinking] Just kidding, I know you all already have your suspicions and rightfully so! Just read the post below! ;)

Ktfanfic: Thank you! :)

iLoveAnakin7: I?m feeling really really bad for Obi? thanks for the PM I may be forgetting in my ripe ole age of 31, :p but I don?t recall sending a PM and my sent messages doesn?t list it. I am, however, more than willing to do so if you would like. :) Thank you for reading! :D

Star_Drifter: I liked Obi-Wan?s reasons for not wanting to spar with Anakin?and the vision Obi-Wan had of his own Master! The duel with Maul shook him pretty badly. It?s a good thing Anakin knew how to draw him away from his feelings of inadequacy. And the vision, well, time will tell! :) Thank you for reading and please stop in again! ;)

Chapter 8

Anakin woke earlier than usual. He stretched his limbs before rolling from his bed. Flicking on the light in the fresher, as it had no window to allow sunlight in, he squinted as the brightness flooded into every nook and cranny. Stepping into the shower, he blindly reached out and took hold of the faucet knobs; he turned them until the temperature was the way he liked. The warm water poured onto tired muscles helping them to relax. Having cleansed his body and hair, he rinsed the soap off and made sure to take his leisure in this rare treat. Water being scarce on this desert world caused the majority of their showers to be sonic. But today, he needed the warmth and the gentle massage of the water to ease his aching back. He took his time getting dressed before making his way to the kitchen. Pulling some milk from the cooling unit, Anakin poured himself a generous glass as he sat down at the table. Grabbing a muffin from the plate in the center, he took a few bites when he suddenly noticed the house seemed eerily quiet.

?Obi-Wan?? When no response was forthcoming, he rose from his seat and walked into his master?s bedroom. The bed was empty and the covers were in disarray. He frowned, knowing that Obi-Wan always made his bed first thing when he got up.

He walked through the rest of the cottage and found it to be empty. Running to the door, he swung it open and walked outside turning a circle as he did so. The sand went on for miles with no one in sight

14. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I got first post!!

I loved Anakin's panic of not finding Obi-Wan in their home, right down to noticing that the bed hadn't been made and the fact that he slugged him for worrying him so much. And then the fact that he went for the med kit was priceless.

Hmmm, it seems Qui-Gon is finally realizing the extent of Obi-Wan's devotion to him. Looking forward to seeing how he is alive.

15. Darth_Scroobius

Darth_Scroobius Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    Somehow, I read but didn't reply to the last chapter. Doh! :oops:

Ye Olde Belated Chapter Reply:

?It might.? - You continue with the subtle movie references. This time to ESB.

I really appreciated the way Obi-Wan didn't want to spar, but Anakin kept pushing. It seemed very in-character for the sensitive Obi-Wan to have such reservations. I also liked Obi-Wan's little speech on attachment.

?You could use a shave, and a haircut for that matter.? - Indeed, even before he was in a coma! ;)

Ye Newe Chapter Reply:

?Do you know what it?s like to wake up and have no one there? And then to have that person not answer when you call?? - A little role-reversal action. Nice.

?How am I alive?? - How, indeed. So where will this not-so-little twist take us? He will have to try and find his former apprentices, disrupting their idyllic current lives. But what then? Maybe some more role-reversal action, with Obi-Wan defying his former master? There are so many directions this could go; this a great added twist to the story. Looking forward to seeing where you take it.

16. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    What a wake up call, for both of them. I liked how you illustrated Anakin's panic. It reminded me of how kids react when they get lost at the fair. Everything seems alright for a short moment, and then you feel so helpless, lost, and miserable you just want to cry and lash out. That's no doubt how Anakin felt, and he let Obi-Wan know it.

And Obi-Wan has gained a better understanding of Anakin, in that he fears to lose those he loves, and therefore doesn't take abandonment (intentional or not) well at all.

It also seems that Qui-Gon is being brought up to date about his now former padawan. And Yoda is really looking out for both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, much more so than I expected.

Another great post, bek! I anticipate Qui-Gon's exit from the Med Center. 'Til then, can't wait to read more!

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Poor Anakin! He was so upset when he woke up and Obi wasn't there! Loved this chapter! [face_love]

18. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    Oopsie, my mistake. There's so many PM lists going around I can't keep them all straight. I feel like such a dope:oops:

Anyway that was a cute chapter. I enjoyed Ani's overreactive ways to the "dissapearance" of Obi. I can't wait until they encounter Qui-Gon.:D

*I would appreciate a PM for this story if you can*:)

19. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    Just gets better and better! :D

Anakin's reaction to Obi-Wan not being in the house was very well written, and how he tried to cover up his fear with anger..
    and then when he went for the med kit...awww :)

At first I thought Obi-Wan was meditating because he could sense Qui-Gon, but I guess I'm 'sorta' close.

I KNEW IT WAS HIM!! YAYY!

lol. I also love how Qui-Gon told Yoda to get to the point. He he, still the same Qui. ;)

But...you just had to end like that!! arghh...

I wonder if Qui-Gon is going to go to Tatooine now? Or will Obi be getting a phone call...and this is going to change everything!

and as to how Qui is alive...

well I only have three words. Please update soon... :D

20. JuniorPadawan

JuniorPadawan Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    =D= Wonderful. A beautifully written story so far. I love the relationship between Obi-Wan and Anakin. It's so much stronger than the one in the movies.

I think that would have to be the most important line of the story. Although I loved it when Anakin realized the title master didn't have to be dirty.

21. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    "He was upset, no, he was angry. He stood before the man who had come to mean the world to him outside of his mother. ?Where were you?!? He demanded, ?I couldn?t find you! I woke up and you were gone, no note, no nothing! Your bed wasn?t even made; it was like someone came in and stole you! The house was empty!? Anakin screamed between hitches, his voice mixed with anger and grief."

I guess that finding someone missing would freak a person out on Tatooine, home of that friendly football team, the Tuskan Raiders... [face_whistling] Did I just say that? :eek:

Seriously, this is a great fic, =D= and I can't wait to find out what happens next!

How is Qui-Gon alive? [face_thinking]

More, more, more, please! [face_batting]

22. KTfanfic

KTfanfic Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 16, 2005
    I'd like to know that too! This is very good. I'm looking forward to Obi-wan and Anakin finding out that Qui-gon is alive. :)

~KT

23. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    I agree with Qui-Gon... How is he alive? :D

I really enjoyed this post. It truly showed that even after all the things that have happened, Anakin still has a temper, and still fears losing those he loves.

Amazing job! =D= =D= =D=

I can't wait for more!

Ani-maniac

24. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I am also interested to know how Qui-Gon surrived. Great post and thanks for the pm. I really will need them once college starts to keep me on track with stories. :)

25. River_Stone

River_Stone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    So Qui-Gon is regretting the decision is forced upon Obi-Wan? Will he try to pull him back to the Jedi, knowing that Anakin can't come with him? And will Obi-Wan want to go?

Excellent post again, my dear! Can't wait for the next one! =D=