main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lifeline - (Jaina/Jag Fic - COMPLETED - Last update: 02/19 )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Eldritch009, Oct 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina_Solo_16

Jaina_Solo_16 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    *sigh*

Gwenevere @};-

2. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    . . . and yet so far. . .

Any bets on how long we'll be hanging this time? I think I've been following this story for almost 3 years now! (first found it over at ff.net)

3. Jaina_Solo_16

Apr 11, 2004
    I bet $ weeks until we hear from him again and 4 1/2 until the next post.

Gwenevere

4. Shinar

May 30, 2002
    Weeks? I'm definitly thinking months.

5. Jaina_Solo_16

Apr 11, 2004
    Ok, so now I'm thinking five months until he comes back.

Gwenevere

6. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    I'm so sorry for that long wait! I hadn't planned on it at all but things happened so fast here that I hardly had the time to post this. It was completed quite some time ago, but I moved out of the old place. It took until yesterday for the internet connection to be reconnected. :)

Below you will find the last part. I've written this in so many ways that I, in the end, had to just pick one that fitted best. So instead of another long chapter, I opted for this.

I also need to reveal the mystery beta-er, even though some of you probably already guessed. Val Solo. Thank you for all the time, and patience, you've had with me over the years. I can't believe I took this long to finish it but you were there, for which I'm very grateful. :)

Eld.

--==EPILOGUE==--

She saw him jump down from the fighter onto the hangarbay floor, energetic and full of life. Jag.
    It was as if he knew she was watching him. As soon as her eyes had found him, he looked up and around until his eyes found hers, locking onto them.
    All sound disappeared around her as Jaina slowly started to walk towards him. Clamoring of tools, shouts of mechanics and pilots, screams of joy over the recent win; everything stopped.
    A mechanic spoke to Jag, slapping his shoulder, but Jag didn?t hear him. As in slow motion, he started to walk towards her, oblivious to everyone and anything around him.

~*~*~*~*~*~
    Jaina had run.
    Corridor after corridor she?d left in here wake, running steadily downward. Instead of taking the turbolift down to the hangarbay, she opted for this run, to get all the adrenaline out of her system. It had been building up steadily over the course of the battle, causing her to become restless. But there had been one other side-effect she had not anticipated; worry.
    Worry for Jag; worry that he might not survive the outcome of the battle. Worry that she would never see him again. So as soon as it became clear that his squadron was returning to the Inimitable, she took off.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~

Jag caught her as she jumped up, wrapping his arms around her middle as she wrapped hers around his neck. He closed his eyes and nestled his chin in the crook of her neck, taking a deep breath, taking in her smell, savoring it.

High above the two young lovers, Han and Leia looked down into the hangarbay from a control room. Leia smiled down and rested her head on Han?s shoulder, wrapping an arm around his waist. She squeezed a little and sighed.

?See? She?ll be alright, Han. Whatever comes next, she?ll be alright. It?s time to let her go.?
    Han pressed his nose into his wife?s hair, pressing a kiss on her forehead.

?I know. And I will.?
    He wrapped an arm around her shoulder, and watched silently. Then he sighed as well and turned away, guiding Leia with him, out of the room.
    ?Eventually.?

*T*H*E* *E*N*D*

7. Starlan

Starlan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2004
    I lurked on this a few years back, and I loved it. I just found it again now, for the end, and I still think it's wonderful. Great job!

8. Shinar

May 30, 2002
    Well I'll be darned ;)

9. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    OMG AWESOME JOB! i have to go reread this again! OMG!

10. Jaina_Solo_16

Apr 11, 2004
    So that's it then? It's just over?

Great post by the way! Loved the mush!

Gwenevere

11. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    ELD!!! :)

I can't believe it's over! :( But it was a happy, mushy ending--which is good. ;)

So, what's next on your agenda? Another story???

12. JaegerGhent

JaegerGhent Jedi Master star 5

Jan 5, 2002
    *applauds*

Excellent ending--love how everthing turned out.

Though I'm a bit sad to see this story end--I've been reading it for so long! :p

Great job, Eld. :D

13. Sethathoryunet

Sethathoryunet Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2004
    Miracle!!! No, double Miracle!!!! He's posted:) AND finished it!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Eld! [face_love]

Fantastic ending too! At least this one didn't go on and on like some stories I know . . . [face_mischief]

14. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    Another story? LOL! And keep you guys hanging for two years again? It does have its advantages, I guess. ;)

Nah, if I post something new, I'd make sure I have the whole thing written already, and post much more regularly than I did with this one. :)

Eld.

EDIT: 10/6/2001... okay, so add 1.5 more years, roughly. OMG! I took almost 3.5 years! ROTFLMAO.

15. Eric Geller

Eric Geller TFN Staff Emeritus star 1 VIP

Mar 2, 2005
    This is a great story. I am so sorry to see it end, but I know that it kept me going after so many long hours of school. Thanks for giving Jag/Jaina fans another shining-star piece of work.

Eric

16. miranda82

miranda82 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2004
    I first read your story on ff.net and I've got to say, I'm so happy it's finally completed! I loved it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.