main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Light & Magic - ILM DocuSeries (directed by Lawrence Kasdan)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by bstnsx704, Sep 20, 2021.

1. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    whostheBossk, Vialco, Sarge and 7 others like this.
  2. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    Really looking forward to this.

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, that’s pretty awesome! Can’t wait to watch it!

DarthKreVass likes this.
  4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Should be good.

5. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Wow, this is pretty cool, and rather unexpected. I wonder if Lucasfilm will decide to participate?

6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
  7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Can not wait for this.

8. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    So, so very in on this.

9. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    This is very very exciting.

I would have preferred for the focus to be on Lucas more than on ILM, but I will take what I can get I guess.

wobbits and Count Yubnub like this.
  10. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Really looking forward to this, although I'm mainly anticipating the latter episodes, because the stories of ILM's founding and advances into the digital era have been documented endlessly over the decades. Really surprised to see Barry Jenkins in there.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  11. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    This looks really cool! It's crazy how many classic movies ILM worked on.

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This looks phenomenal.

...it's a documentary about ILM.

Bor Mullet and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    He's even on the poster-
    [​IMG]

14. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Preview seemed to focus on Disney/Lucasfilm properties like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Pixar, and Marvel. A documentary about ILM would be remiss if they didn't go into Star Trek, Terminator, Jurassic Park and Forrest Gump. Hopefully it's not just a glorified Disney ad.

15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yes. I know when this was announced, I really got excited about seeing ILM’s work on Forrest Gump…

Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
    Krueger likes this.
  16. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Yes, if it was a documentary solely about GL , I wouldn't need to say that I would have preffered a documentary focused on his work, would I? :p
    As it should.
    And as I said, I will take whatever I can get, even if I have to skip/fast-forward parts that I don't care about.

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Watched the first part, definitely fun learning about the eclectic group that came together to make Star Wars and its effects happen.

Immortiss likes this.
  18. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    omg I'm in heaven , I'm just loving this.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    My entire life has been spent in awe of footage of Dennis Muren looking like a homeless wizard.

Bor Mullet and TCF-1138 like this.
  20. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    On episode 3, this is fantastic stuff, these guys deserve the spotlight on them like this. I was surprised to see some shots were matte paintings that I never realised were.

whostheBossk likes this.
  21. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Great to see Rose Duignan , I'm not even sure I've ever seen her interviewed before.

22. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Four episodes in and I'm really enjoying it so far. As I expected, there isn't a ton of new insight into the actual history of the company or the making of the films, but hearing personal stories from those involved adds another layer to the overall storytelling. And of course, all the newly revealed archival footage is incredible.

In particular, hearing George talk about his near death experience was surprisingly moving. You rarely ever see that emotional side of him. It makes you think about just how close we came to never seeing ANY of this.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
    Riv_Shiel and Sarge like this.
  23. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    That first episode cliffhanger really had me on the edge, I didn't know if A New Hope would get finished in time with effects.

Joking aside, this was brilliant and completely enjoyable. Just hearing all these pioneers talk was fascinating. Even something like Phil Tippett talking about how the creation of stop-motion fits his personality and is almost therapeutic for him and basically saved his life. Hearing and seeing the personal stories behind all of these groundbreaking creations, you can't help but be in more awe of them.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Agreed. I wasn't expecting human interest stories.

25. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    This is fantastic! I've watched the first 3 episodes, and it's as great as I hoped.

Surprised to see so little discussion about it. I guess some people don't like seeing behind the curtain.

Riv_Shiel likes this.