main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Light & Magic - ILM DocuSeries (directed by Lawrence Kasdan)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by bstnsx704, Sep 20, 2021.

1. CloneBlooper

CloneBlooper Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 20, 2002
    I guess this was a nice way to honour/celebrate the work of a bunch of innovative mavericks that helped to bring Lucas's vision to life. But I could think of a better one.

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Such as?

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  3. CloneBlooper

CloneBlooper Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 20, 2002
    Release the OG OT. Granted 90% of what those guys achieved is still evident in the Special Editions but it would be nice if people had the choice to view their work as it was back then, without all the digital masking tape.

Sarge likes this.
  4. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Finished this documentary series, very well done. The storytelling was great and epic, charting the growth of cinematic special effects, and bittersweet too. By the end there is a feeling that something has been lost in the transition to digital animation, in their quest for ever more incredible creations, much of the wizards' old magic went extinct. So much institutional knowledge just disappeared, and I don't think it's really been replaced yet.

Riv_Shiel and Sarge like this.
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  6. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    The way they ignored the whole Jar Jar Binks subject was borderline criminal. Here's hoping he gets a whole episode in Season 2.

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  7. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I wasn't expecting that. Awesome!

whostheBossk likes this.
  8. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Finished the series today after going through episodes 1-4 during my OT phase , and it was well done and very in depth. Loved it. I waited to hit up Ep5-6 during my '90s/PT phase and thought it was alright. Inexpected to see how they still made many models for TPM. Nicely introduced the new tech age and the rift between the employees hired for that and their relationship to the old model shop ways. As stated earlier, the stuff with Phil Tippet is the best and I'm glad he still got to work on some other projects. What he and many others have brought to the movie making experience cannot be underestimated.

Sarge likes this.