main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Light saber belt clip..??

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    In the prequels, the Jedi use a belt clip to clip their light saber hilts to their belts (I believe it was originally a cell phone clip, called covertech??). After a few years of use, mine has broken (the part that clips onto your belt, where the attached peg/button slides in and locks into place). I've been scouring the city looking for replacements, but have been told that this clip is now obsolete (since most phones come with their own cases now-a-days and belt clip 'technology' has much improved).

I've checked ebay but have not seen anything similar. If any of you happen to see the clip in question somewhere in the city, please let me know. Or if you have another clever idea of how to attach the hilt to the belt, using something else (other than a D-ring), any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. tk-627

tk-627 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2005
    Howdy Yrol,

I don't know of anywhere local... but these guys used to carry them...
    Corellian Imports

Thanx Dave.

3. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Thanks Dave!

Do you know of anyone who's ordered from them before? Or anyone who's gotten one of the clips? Just wondering how sturdy they are...

4. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    I bought a few belt buckles from them at CIV, but not online. They seem like cool people.

Covertec clips themselves are great. I like them a lot better than D-Rings. Easy to clip in, easy to remove, and they don't flap around on your leg so much when you walk.

Or you could go here.

5. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Thanks Shawn - it seems to be a little cheaper thru the source Dave posted though. I'll check 'em out!

6. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Another option is one made of metal. It doesn't look exactly the same, and it doesn't lock the knob in, but it'll never break.

7. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Just don't use a dog leash clip.

8. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Correllian Imports is out of stock, but I found a fellow on ebay who sells the covertec clips in bulk (off of his own website). Managed to procure 10 clips/wheels for $80 (that's with shipping) - fantastic deal!

If you're interested in buy from him, PM me and I'll give you the deets.

9. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
    Two questions:
    One, are the clips compatible with a force FX saber hilt?
    Two, are you going to use all 10 of your clips, or would you sell one? I don't really have the money or the need for a bulk order of belt clips right now, but I sure could use just one.

10. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    I don't know about F/X compatibility (how would you detach the blade anyway??).
    Why does a Mando need a light saber clip?? [face_thinking]

11. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Yes, FX sabers use covertec wheels and fit into covertec clips just fine.

As for how to detach the blade:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MR-FX-Conversion-Kits-C56.aspx
    http://www.ultrasabers.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=21
    http://www.ultrasabers.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=23

12. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
    I'm hoping to mod my Anakin Force FX so I can detach the blade and hang it from a belt on those occasions where I need somthing more elaborate than a t-shirt, but less extreme than mando armour.

13. Midi-Ree-Vess

Midi-Ree-Vess Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2008
    Hey TapeTrooper,
    I saw your duct tape are at the comic expo... looked awesome man!
    I am using the xcel universal belt clip from staples
    http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=&webid=646186&affixedcode=WW
    for my MR FX Obi saber as well as the custom hilts im making from dead hard drive bearings, computer light kits and sink tubes.
    The xcel belt clip is a little bit more rounded, smaller/thinner than the comtec(or whatever) belt clips they had in the movies but it works the exact same way with the button release and comes with two of the little plastic studs. The studs look identical but arent the the same size as the FX sabers from MR... they are a bit smaller diameter and beefier construction than MR used... but you can swap one with the original from the MR saber and use the original screw. I used Locktight glue on the screw as well so it will never come off.
    Overall opinion: Belt clip portion is metal w/ plastic shell, fits on my wide utility belt, looks screen worthy and keeps the saber where you want it... saber hilt stud looks exactly the same overall on my saber hilts and the MR's. Works like a champ!
    Ree-Vess

14. Midi-Ree-Vess

Midi-Ree-Vess Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2008
    looks like the picture merged with the Force... anyhoo check it out.
    Ree-Vess

15. Keelu

Keelu Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2008
    Hello all~
    If anyone is still looking for the screen accurate clips, it looks like Corellian Imports has them in stock now at 15 bucks. :)

~Keelu

16. thecustomsabershop

thecustomsabershop Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2008
    We almost always have them in stock as well for $11.99

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Covertec-Clip-P117.aspx

Tim
    www.thecustomsabershop.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.