main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Lightforce

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Suzannah.Pearce, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Finally caught up! Thanks again for your patience. :)

Woot, Leia’s back in action! [face_dancing] Thank the Force for that tonic from Maz—pretty miraculous stuff, though I know a good part of it was Leia’s own inner strength. These peacekeeping forces are such a well-oiled machine these peacekeeping forces are with Leia at the helm. She’s got a watertight plan of attack for getting these baddies at bay once and for all, and she knows exactly how to manage everyone under her command and communicate with them effectively. And yet she also knows when it’s the right time to let others take the lead, as she does very graciously when Han asks her to take the gunner’s turret. (I totally sympathize about the motion sickness, though! [face_sick] ) Fun integration/transformation of some classic battle-scene lines from the Saga, too: "A group of tie fighters as broken off from the main group" and "you've got company!":D

Not to mention that she’s got the gumption of about fifty goats for volunteering to go down and join the fighters on the ground! :eek: The enemy clearly is up to something with this split-off maneuver, but Leia is too... and of course she wouldn't take this approach if she didn't completely trust Han and Eldon to keep things under control up in the air. And down there, too she shows herself to be 100% on top of things... that's our courageous princess! What a scary moment there where the enemy looked about to close in on her—thank goodness Han showed up at the right time (he's got a talent for that, doesn't he? ;) )

What a relief to finally see the situation under control, and prisoners taken. It's a further tribute to Leia's strength of character that she treats them fairly and even arranges for them to have medical care; I have a feeling we might learn something from them eventually. Love Threepio's new found enthusiasm about his role as acting general—the image is a wonderful one, and I bet he didn't do half bad! ;)

Now, this conversation with Luke at the end... I'll be curious to see what will come of it. Leia is naturally very insistent, and I do understand where she is coming from here; she's got so many other responsibilities on her plate. Though what Luke says about her powers is undeniable, and he would know.... [face_thinking] Leia's Force ability has been a recurring theme in this story and has been one of the prime movers of the story so far, so I'm pretty certain it will play a leading role in this home stretch, too!

Suzannah.Pearce likes this.
  2. Suzannah.Pearce

Suzannah.Pearce Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 22, 2016
    Chapter 43

As soon as the vegetation and plaster melded buildings of Al-Adreen came into view, so did the sprawling warehouses that made up its space port. As the Alliance units and accompanying prisoners approached, the full extent of it's rusticity became clear. A ramshackle collection of open structures, their bays marked with roughly hand painted numbers, together with a smaller collection of what could have been offices for booking ships in and out, the port seemed to be more or less abandoned. A half-hearted attempt had been made to control the foliage from creeping over the roofs of the warehouses, allowing enough space for a variety of small cargo craft to enter unhindered but the only ships present in its bays today were the Talon, the Vohemar and the Falcon. Taking up a large corner of the settlement, the port sprawled in a haphazard fashion towards the town square and easy access to the cantinas and gambling establishments.

You found a very convenient landing area,” Leia observed as Han walked out of the Falcon's bay to meet her. He gestured around him with wide arms.

As soon as the Empire arrived, no one wanted to stick around so I figured there'd be plenty of space. I was just negotiating with the port authority to allow us all to use some bays when the other two ships turned up and they decided to leave us to it.” She pulled an impressed face. “I use the term port authority loosely, you understand,” he added. Looking at the rather loose appearance of the place, she completely understood. The convenience of it made it a ready made pirate haven especially with the lack lustre security checks. It was hardly surprising their numbers had increased over the years. It didn't take long for word to get around even on the Outer Rim.

Han took the flack jacket she had removed during the walk out of her hand and dropped it to the floor. Wrapping their arms round each other, he kissed her hair as she lay her head on his chest.

It's good to see you,” he said quietly.

It's good to see you too,” she said. “Although, it has only been a few hours, you know.” She looked up at him. He raised his eyebrows.

I know, but there was a strong possibility you'd come back in a body bag,” he tried to joke.

I told you to trust me. Stop worrying,” she gave him a little squeeze.

I do trust you,” he smiled wryly. Worrying about each other was to be expected now they were lovers and they both silently acknowledged the fact.

Han watched the rest of the units arrive in dribs and drabs over her shoulder, battle weary and dirty. The peacekeepers marched their imprisoned colleagues over to the bay where the Vohemar crew was waiting to load them on board. They looked like they had had the stuffing knocked out of them and he wondered whether they would ever be the same again. A pang of loathing for the weak-minded Duke washed over him, tinged with concern at the hand pulling his strings. It was something he knew Leia would not have forgotten about, something that she would have to investigate, however low key she kept it.

She caught him looking at them and followed his gaze.

There are so few of them aren't there? I thought there would be more but I suppose I mustn't complain. Hopefully it means not many were subjected to Delcar's experiments. We'll see what the peacekeepers turn up when they do a sweep of Cato Neimoidia.”

What's going to happen to them?” Han enquired.

We have methods of reversing their conditioning. Gentle ones. They'll be treated well,” she assured him.

And the stormtroopers?” He glanced at the higher number of white armoured clones that were now being filed into the warehouses under guard.

I'm going to let the Admiral and Mon Mothma deal with them. I think I'm a little biased in that department,” she said wryly. “I'm best staying out of it.” She released Han from her embrace. Luke was helping the peacekeepers; she had seen him board the Vohemar assisting an injured officer. The generals were organising the secure holding of the rest of the prisoners. She would check in with Blake and the admiral and, when their skirmish was in hand, they could all go home and turn their attention to other things. For once, she had things to look forward to. She pressed the comm earpiece to connect with Admiral Ackbar but got static. Their secluded location likely interfering with the connection. At the edge of the port nearest the town square, there would be more open space. Looking at Han, she pointed to her headset. “I'm going to get a clearer signal,” she informed him, making for the edge of the hangers and away from everyone else.

Coming out into the open air, she felt the warmth of the sun and turned her face towards it to let it soak into her skin. Although it was the autumn season on Takodana, the weather had been particularly kind to them since their arrival and she particularly liked crisp, sunny days rather than the humidity they'd had to suffer on Thyfeera. She hit her comms again.

Admiral Ackbar. Come in please,” she said.

Princess Leia, we were starting to wonder what had happened to you all,” he babbled, his vowel sounds distorted by the cumbersome shape of his Mon Calamarian face.

I apologise for not contacting you sooner, Admiral. We were all rather occupied with a more complicated situation than expected but are now secure and ready to transport prisoners off-world. What is your status?”

We have them on the run. They've taken some heavy losses and are in pretty bad shape. I'm in two minds whether to bother chasing them. I think the damage they have sustained will make it impossible for them to go to lightspeed and the years it will take them to get back to where they came from will teach them a lesson,” Leia smiled.

Whatever you think is best Admiral. I will be transferring the stormtroopers to the Home One to return to Chandrila. I will leave it to Mon Mothma and yourself to discuss how to deal with them.”

That's very generous of you, Leia. I would have thought despatching them now would be a more fitting fate for them.”

They're just doing a job, Admiral, albeit a rather sordid one. They should face justice but I won't entertain murder. Have you been speaking to General Kobar by any chance?” She found the similarities between the two old war heroes rather uncanny.

Ha! Kobar and I will discuss it over a drink sometime soon I am sure of that,” the admiral enthused. Leia chuckled to herself, a mental picture appearing of the two of them putting the galaxy to rights over some Mandalorian Ale, Kobar's wattle inflating and Ackbar's tendrils waving in dynamic effusion.

Good, well, we'll send the Talon to you as soon as we are loaded,” she confirmed. She signed off.

Leaning for a moment against the entranceway of the hanger she shut her eyes briefly, trying to concentrate on breathing in and out to let herself finally relax. At least that was one technique she had picked up from Luke that she was happy to use. It did not seem to be working as quickly as usual this time though. Keeping her eyes shut, concentrating on the sunshine on her face, she tried harder but the more she slowed her breathing, the bigger a niggling feeling became at the back of her mind. She shifted her concentration to that feeling. Come on then. She challenged it. What are you trying to show me? Her breathing slowed so much she could hear her own heartbeat pounding, loud in her ears. Her eyes still shut, she saw a white armoured hand, the hand gripping a laser rifle. Han?

Han!” She must have yelled his name so loudly she could hear her voice crack, as she whirled round to face him. She pulled her blaster before she was aware she had done it, aimed and fired. It was as if everything around her slowed down so that she could take in every detail. A stormtrooper, having managed to escape his bonds unnoticed, grabbed a laser rifle from the nearest lieutenant, aimed and fired a bolt, at who, she couldn't tell but Han was in the way. Her bolt hit the trooper dead in the chest, blowing a hole in his armour and dropping him to the floor. Too late. Curse her inability. By the time Han looked in response to her cry and turned in the direction of her aim, he was hit by the laser blast and thrown backwards to the ground by the force of the shot. His pain became her pain, the shock wave of feeling spreading through her body like she had been hit by lightning. It must also have become Luke's because he came running down the Vohemar ramp as she recovered herself and they both began running towards Han.

She threw herself to her knees beside him, grabbing at his clothes to search for the wound, his blood starting to seep out across his cream coloured shirt. “Han?” She looked into his face, at his closed eyes. There was no response. “Oh. Please, no,” she entreated, mostly to herself, staring in horror at the blood on her hands. “Get a medic!” she yelled over her shoulder. Within seconds, they were surrounded by security force medics, with Chewbacca roaring deep concern and General Madine who had run to assist. Leia's feeling of anguish was overwhelming and her eyes filled with tears. “Too slow,” she shouted at herself.

Princess, you have to let go,” a medic instructed her as she still had her hands pressed tightly over Han's stomach wound. “Step back and let us do our job.” He stuck out his arm to guide her away. Luke grabbed her by the shoulders and pulled her backwards.

Let them work,” he instructed. She turned sharply towards him, a mixture of distraction and anger on her face.

I saw it and was too late. I should never have started to relax,” she confessed. He took her by the shoulders and stared gravely at her.

If you hadn't relaxed you might not have seen it at all,” he explained. She breathed heavily, hugged her own body and turned back to watch what was happening. The medics were skilled, she knew that. She had faith in their expertise in tackling battle wounds. He would be OK. Please let him be OK.

She became aware of Chewbacca leaning his head against a hanger bay wall and moaning sadly. She felt empathetic. He must be suffering as much as she was. She went over to him and put her arm on his.

Chewie. He'll be alright,” she reassured, moving in to give him a hug. Chewbacca returned it, his warm arms like a comforting furry blanket round her shoulders. She was not sure her small frame was as comforting to him but perhaps her presence was. They had both been here before, she mused, watching Han helpless. This time, though, it was far more serious.

A young lieutenant approached them, a sombre expression on his face. She did not want to hear bad news. Surely she would know if it was bad news. She ran her tongue over her lips, Han's words suddenly echoing in her head as though he were standing next to her. That's your tell, Sweetheart. He was right. She always did that when she was troubled by something and she had never noticed before. She loved him so much it hurt.

Princess. He's asking for you,” the lieutenant informed her. Chewbacca growled happily and she squeezed his arm before jogging back to where Han was laying, dropping to her knees and looking lovingly into his now open eyes. He smiled weakly.

Now, I'm going to have to buy another shirt,” he managed to speak through the pain. She gave a relieved laugh. “That was a good shot but next time, try shooting the bad guys before they shoot me,” he admonished.

I'm sorry. I was too slow,” she said guiltily. He winced in pain.

I don't know,” He took her obvious look of guilt as a cue to continue to tease her. “What's the point of having a Force sensitive wife if she doesn't use it to save you?” She looked mock indignant.

I did my best. I think you just got yourself shot to get back at me, didn't you?” she retorted. He squeezed her arm.

I'm joking. It wasn't your fault. None of us were watching them.” He winced again. She threw a concerned look at one of the medics.

He needs a bacta tank,” the medic explained. “We're preparing a bay on the Vohemar and we'll run him back to Thyfeera. They've got the best facilities.” She nodded. The centre of bacta production ought to have the best facilities. Han squeezed her arm again.

Don't think this cancels our plans, Sweetheart. I'm coming back for you.” She grinned.

I'll hold you to that,” she assured him. The medic administered pain killers as Leia ran her hands through Han's hair comfortingly. Her team had done a good job of patching him up and soon he would be on his way to the healing treatment.

Leia. You need to take this call,” General Madine interrupted, handing her a datapad with the admiral's face flickering on the holo-display.

Yes, Admiral?” she acknowledged into the pad.

Leia. We thought the star destroyer was retreating but it seems it moved further round the planet and took up orbit out of our sight. Our sensors have picked up several craft heading back to your co-ordinates. They're carrying heavy rockets and space bombs. If they hit your location, nothing will be left standing.”

Findswoman likes this.
  3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh no, dear old Han! :eek: Of course I'm not surprised to see him taking a blaster bolt for Leia (she is one of the privileged few out there for whom Han would take a blaster bolt). It of course is a bummer that he's down for the count, especially with a formidable enemy in the offing—in the words of Gen. Rieekan in ESB, "you're a good fighter, we hate to lose ya"—but I have no doubt in my mind that he'll make good on his promise to "come back for her." ;) In the meantime, the Rebels had better think quick, because this new development with the heavy rockets and space bombs sounds immensely dire indeed! :eek:

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Suzannah.Pearce I've read up through chapter 19. =D= =D=
    This is magnificent! The characterizations, relationships, dialogue, all so well-crafted and insightful and on-target! Leia's feelings about training, her and Han's relating to each other with snark, tenderness, and wistfulness ... the pitfalls and traps the new formed government is falling into [face_worried] as to thinking after one large battle won, then all the hard work is over. And the infighting and self-centered agendas [face_frustrated]

On top of that, you have the mystery of the disappearances and the superb action in chapters 5-6. Glad they were able to attach a tracker at the least. Leia and Luke working in sync - too cool. :)
    ______

Woo, this Duke who was hoping to marry Leia in the past :eek: and the Killian Star -- adding more intrigue on top of what's already been presented. Sorry that the trip to Takodana is postponed and also that there seems to be a hold-up in getting the younglings released. [face_worried]
    ______

Chandrila is a gorgeous wonderfully scenic place. Too bad they cannot have a vacation there ;)

The visions are worrying!!! [face_nail_biting] They seem tied to Pax and the Star somehow. [face_thinking]
    Oh, my gosh! Mon Mothma is slightly pushy isn't she? It's a testament to Leia's skill and her sense of wanting to contribute and make a difference - but still the last thing she should be or would want to be is a bureaucrat. :rolleyes:
    the argument she and Han had -- wow, very well written. Then you resolved it so in-character and wonderfully. The ceremony *gasp* - beautiful and captivating!
    The Han/Leia dynamic you have here is indescribably marvelous. They are one of my first and central OTPs, and they remind me of one I acquired most recently LOL (one comprising an OC/canon character). The similarities run to the fact that Han was during the dust-up not listening to Leia and she honestly had not told him everything, though that wasn't because she was holding out on him but because she truly hadn't made up her mind finally and certainly wasn't sold on the idea of a permanent government position. [face_thinking]
    What a shocker, the Duke reveals his true colors and then his aide turns out to be a would-be assassin! :eek: =D=

So happy they got away. [face_relieved]

________
    Chapter 21-- oh the indescribably unique Maz Kanata. =D= Her wisdom and insight and kindness melted Leia's usual defenses. :)

This:
    “I don't want to lose her Maz. Not ever. I just don't know how to help her.” he confessed. He could take her where she wanted to go, protect her as best he could but more than that, he was lost.
    “Do what you are doing.” Maz reached over and covered his hand with her small ageing one. “Love her. She needs your love or the darkness that haunts her will consume her.”

Gorgeous! :) [face_sigh]

Wow, Leia can surely hold her own in that pirate hangout ;) Definitely knows how to deal psychologically with hard types and get useful information. LOL Han apparently likes her in regal attire and slinky form-hugging outfits. :D
    She certainly is a quick learner of sabacc & also knows how to apply logic to figuring out how to obtain a winning strategy.
    Up through chapter 31-- Luke is amazing. Just. [face_love] :*
    The H/l interaction first to last -- asking someone to marry you in the middle of a life-and-death struggle -- o_O only those two. [face_love]
    I have no words to express my relief! that Leia is gonna be allright. :) :) [face_sigh]

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Finishing up the mega-review. :D

Through chapter 35-- yay for the rescue. I really like Eldon Blake. She's competent and a good friend as well. :)
    Specifically on #35, I love and applaud Han's "antics. [face_love] =D= Totally.
    _______
    Chapter 36-- oh SQUEEEE on the first scene with L/H. [face_love] Yay for Lando arriving. Just the bit of oomph that's needed. And what a gorgeous gift too. :D Leia at half-power is like 10 others at full. :*
    Oooh, the banter at the end -- so so in character! =D= ^:)^
    _______
    Up through #39 -- excellent writing of battle strategy. Wonderful how things are coming together as far as coordinating on different fronts. Love the talk between Han and Luke and his sweet attentive ness.
    _______
    Up through #43 - wow, the execution of the counterstrike wentbrillaintly. Superb sib exchange at the end of #42. I do love the idea of Leia as a Jedi officially. [face_love] But I can understand her hesitancy. [face_thinking]

Findswoman likes this.
  6. Suzannah.Pearce

Sep 22, 2016
    Chapter 44

Leia took a few seconds to process the admiral's words, glancing at Luke. Space bombs? Heavy rockets? These were not the usual weapons for tie-fighters. The impact of what the admiral was telling them showed on Luke's face too.
    Wait,” he said to her. “I'm going to get more information.” He ran back towards the Vohemar. One of the prisoners would have no choice but to give Luke whatever information was in his mind.
    Admiral, can our squadrons stop them before they get to us?” she enquired.
    They are on an intercept course but I'm afraid we may have left it too late. I think we underestimated them,” he admitted angrily. “We will do what we can from here but you need to prepare,” he warned.
    I understand, Admiral.” Leia stood up, handing the pad back to Madine. She began to pace, biting her lower lip and looking at the floor. It was her usual thinking pose and the generals waited for her tactical response. She looked round at the Alliance soldiers and the prisoners. Even if she could get them all out on the ships they had, the inhabitants of Al-Adreen would not be so lucky and their safety had been the point of this whole mission. They had worked too hard today to fail at this point. She turned as Luke returned.
    It's as we originally thought. I questioned one of the officers. He says they intend to destroy Al-Adreen. They have newly modified weapons which means they don't have to use the star destroyer, they can fly right in and effectively wipe out the whole settlement.” Han spoke up from the floor.
    Lando was wondering why they only brought a small craft,” he noted.
    It's insignificant and low key. No-one would suspect they could do so much damage.” Leia almost admired the tactics. Luke started walking quickly in the direction of the town square.
    Where are you going?” Leia called after him.
    I'm going to do something about it,” he answered, raising his hood as he walked. She knew this gesture well. Luke meant business. Jedi business, although what he could do about this completely baffled her. She tried to read his intentions but got nothing. She knelt next to Han. He looked pale from loss of blood. She should at least let the Vohemar take off with him. He looked enquiringly at her.
    I have no idea what he has in mind,” she answered his silent question. “I can't read him at all. He's shutting me out.”
    #
    Luke was concentrating, putting himself in the most secluded mental state he could in order to summon as much power as he could. He was going to need it. He had read a great deal about ancient Jedi techniques and the only hope for them all now was to try one. No, not try. Do. He walked into the middle of the square and stopped, folding his hands together under his robe sleeves and slowing his breathing to almost nothing, cutting out all sound around him. He reached out to feel the Force flowing within the vegetation, round the rocks and buildings, up from the ground. He could almost see its energy in his mind, like little streams and rivulets pulsing through everything. He breathed it in, pulling it towards him as if he were sucking life out of the surrounding area. He had been practising this ever since Yoda's teaching, seeing the Force flow through every living thing as Yoda had told him it did. Now he needed to use it, take it from where it was hiding and position it somewhere else. He pictured the settlement of Al-Adreen, its white residential buildings, its colourful market streets and eating establishments and all its residents and then tried to picture them under a shield, protecting them from harm. This last part was difficult to do. He knew a Force shield was possible but only the greatest Jedi had ever been able to do it and he was still learning. He felt his frustration building and he pushed it away. The tie-fighter's would be upon them soon. He had no time to waver. He tried again but still nothing happened. It shouldn't be this hard to imagine; he had seen pictures in the archives; a light shield generated by pushing the energy of the Force over the object that needed protecting... Light...Leia. He needed Leia.

Leia. I need your help. He thought to her. He did not want to lose his grip on the Force energy.
    #
    Kneeling at Han's side, holding his hand, Leia's eyes glazed as she heard her brother's voice. She whispered his name in response. Han watched her transformation and tried to turn his head to look in Luke's direction. He was standing right out in the open where he was an easy target.

Leia. Please. I can't do this alone. I need you. Leia shook her head.
    I can't help you,” she replied out loud. She thought she had made it clear enough over the last few days that she did not want anything to do with using any power he believed, but she doubted, she had.

Please Leia. We're running out of time. It's going to take both of us.” She shut her eyes against the thought.
    I don't know what to do,” she said desperately. “I don't know how I can help.”
    You don't need to do anything. I just need you here. Don't think about it. Just trust me.” She turned her head to look at him and then looked at Han as if she were asking him to come up with an excuse that could get her out of this.
    Princess. The tie-fighter's are approaching our position,” Madine informed her as he followed their course on his data pad. She was in a terrible dilemma. She was so afraid to connect with any kind of power, afraid of what it would do to her but, on the other hand, Luke was on his own, trying to save lives and that's what she should be doing. Her face contorted with the stress.
    I'm frightened,” she whispered.
    I know, but if you don't help me, I don't think I have enough power and these people will die,” Luke stated plainly . Han squeezed her hand and she focused on him.
    Go,” he encouraged. “Help Luke.”
    But you need me,” she insisted. It was a weak excuse under the circumstances and sounded hollow as she said it.
    I 'ain't gonna need ya if we're all blown to hell.” There were the typical Han Solo bare facts. “Your brother's asking for your help, so go help.” He was getting used to these half conversations now, resigned to the fact he was going to have to in future. Even though he was weak, he gave her as strong a push away from him as he could manage. She stood up, looking at him almost apologetically. “Go. It'll be Okay.” He smiled thinly.
    Leia began running towards Luke. She thought she could hear the tell-tale and terrifying whine of the tie-fighter's engines. Putting more effort into it, she covered the ground between them quickly. It was a definite whine, they would be upon them in a matter of minutes. Out here in the middle of the square, a sudden strong wind whirled dust round the buildings and blew hard at the tarpaulins of the trade stands. She was sure when she had stood here earlier the weather was calm. Glancing round and holding strands of hair back from her face that were blowing madly and blocking her eye-line, she stared in astonishment as she noticed that only things inside the perimeter were affected by the wind, everything outside was still and Luke was the source.
    What do you need me to do?” She raised her voice above the elements. He held out his mechanical hand to call her close to him and wrapped the metal arm around her, pulling her tight into a hug. He reached out with his other hand as she had seen him do many times and she shut her eyes. As soon as she touched him, it felt as if tingles of electric current were flowing through her, like she had touched the wrong end of a battery pack. She wrapped her arms round his waist, planted her feet and held on tight, the wind increasing to the velocity of a small tornado and threatening to unbalance her.
    #
    Leia wrapped her arms round his waist and Luke felt the surge in the force. He opened his eyes, able to actually see the Force energy flowing towards him now, an amazing and strangely calming sight. He felt at home with the elements around him as the rivulets channelled through Leia and into him. He directed his thoughts to the settlement, stretching his free hand out as if he wanted to touch it, clearly able to imagine it all.

Tell me what to do. Leia thought. He could see the tie-fighters now, five of them in the distance, their whine filling his ears. He felt her trepidation.
    Protect them, Leia. Trust me. He thought back. She turned her head in the direction of the fighters as they approached and threw her arm up to shield herself from the inevitable rocket fire and, as soon as she did so, he saw the light shield appear, its power flowing through her and out from his outstretched hand. He heard her cry out as the ties released their rockets and bombs and roared over their heads and away. The sky was alive with explosions like a huge celebration of ominous fireworks but nothing hit the ground. He waited until he was sure the fighters weren't returning and then lowered his hand, looking down at his sister who had her eyes squeezed shut.
    It's over,” he said out loud.
    Are we dead? Leia's thoughts weren't meant for him to hear but he laughed anyway, taking her by the shoulders and looking into her face. She opened her eyes.
    No, Leia. We did it. They're all safe.” She looked around. Everything was calm as it had been earlier, the sun shining on the buildings, no wind, as if she had dreamt the last hour of her life.
    What happened?” she asked bemused. “I saw the fighters and then shut my eyes.” What had happened? She'd heard everything, saw the tie's release their deadly payload and couldn't bear to watch the rest. She was sure she hadn't done anything but her body was still buzzing.
    We shielded the settlement. Thank you.” He smiled broadly at her.
    I didn't do anything. I just wanted them to be safe,” she insisted. She hadn't. Had she? She'd just stood, holding onto her brother trying not to be blown away.
    You were a perfect channel. The compassion you have for the people created the shield. Your light force is incredible, I wish you could have seen it. I couldn't have done that without you.” There was tremendous love in his eyes as he spoke. She still had her mouth open, not quite understanding what he was saying. She tilted her head back and regarded him, a small frown appearing on her brow. He laughed again. He'd seen this look a thousand times; her superior You are talking like a complete idiot face. “It's true,” he defended. “You can't deny it now.”
    What if they come back?” she asked, scanning the sky. She was surprised they hadn't already.
    I projected an image of Al-Adreen's destruction. They think their mission was a success. I just hope they don't come back and check.” He raised an eyebrow. Leia nodded, contemplating it all. It was going to take a very long time for her to understand exactly what happened here but the outcome was good and that's all that really mattered. Now she could turn her attention to getting Han the urgent treatment he needed. She turned on her heel and headed back to the warehouses. Luke took her characteristically determined walk as a sign that the subject was concluded.
    We're still going to talk about this,” he called after her, beginning to follow.
    No. We are not,” she called back over her shoulder. “You are not to mention this to anyone, little brother.” His eyes widened.
    Why am I suddenly your little brother?” he quizzed indignantly.
    Because I'm quite obviously the boss and you have to do what I say,” she barked. He was stunned for a few seconds until she turned her head slightly and flashed him a devilish smile. He shook his head and grinned.
    Oh, okay,” he resigned.

Findswoman likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    That was indescribably awesome!!! Luke and Leia together making a shield! How terrific! Now I see what the fic title represents and that makes it doubly tripyly cool!

8. Suzannah.Pearce

Sep 22, 2016
    Chapter 45

Han was drifting in an out of consciousness, his wound throbbing as much as his head from loss of blood. Plasma and painkillers were being fed into his arm to stabilise him and he had just been given a sedative to ease his travel to Thyfeera and the bacta tank. He had never been in one before, always let his injuries heal by themselves but this time, he couldn't argue. His internal organs were in bad shape.

Despite his fugue state, he had seen enough of the last few minutes to thoroughly understand what the twins were capable of. He couldn't have been the only one to see it. They were difficult to make out in the centre of the whirling dust and bits of vegetation but, when the tie-fighters loosed their deadly weaponry and the light erupted from both their bodies, blackening the rest of the sky and giving the impression of a huge dome over the rest of the settlement, he saw them clearly. They clung on to each other like they would soon be ripped apart, Luke's robes flapping in the strong wind, his mechanical arm gripping Leia's jumpsuit in protection.

He saw their power and it scared him. He loved Leia more than his own life and had never been in any doubt that she was special but he could understand why connecting with this frightened her as much as it did him, if not more. She was living with the potential for incredible power, knowing how much harm she could do with it as well as good.

He felt light headed, the effects of the sedative starting to influence his body as he watched Leia and Luke walk back towards them, an argument ensuing between them. He expected Luke was arguing his training point again. They had saved thousands of lives today because she had put aside her fear and done what was necessary. She would play it down, though. He was certain of that, would brush it off like it hadn't happened.

She came over to the medical hover-sled he was now comfortably tucked into. He tried to focus on her smiling face, wished he could hold her.

How are you feeling?” she asked, looking at the medic for a reply as she didn't expect he was capable. The medic said something incoherent to her, which she seemed to understand and she looked back at him. He gripped her arm and pulled her to him.

I saw what you did. You were amazing,” he slurred.

I don't know what you're talking about,” she smiled back. There was the cover up, just as he thought.

I saw you. Like in your ceremony. I love you.” He drifted, trying hard to stay conscious. His vision blurred and she was disappearing from view. She patted his chest and giggled at his intoxication.

You have no idea what you saw. You've had a sedative. Go to sleep and I'll see you soon.” She kissed his lips and waved at the medics to take him away. He shut his eyes briefly to let the kiss linger and then, she was gone.

Chapter 46

The sound of women's laughter echoed through the corridors from the bedroom suite of Maz's winter castle. It was not a sound Han was used to hearing but it was not wholly unpleasant. He could easily distinguish Leia's laughter from that of the other women; husky, infectious, rather like she was in on a dirty joke. He didn't hear that much either and it warmed him. Their wedding had been delayed yet another week due to his unfortunate accident and days floating alone in a bacta tank with just his thoughts had made him impatient to get on with it. He could not wait any longer to be with her, to spend some totally selfish time together doing whatever they wanted.

He rounded the corner to the chamber and stopped in the doorway. Leia sat on a bench seat wrapped in a robe, surrounded by women, Mala, another humanoid girl Han had not seen before, Maz and Eldon Blake. Maz's two serving girls were busy brushing and braiding Leia's hair while she chatted and laughed with them. He didn't know if she had ever spent much leisure time in the company of other women but she was certainly enjoying the attention she was receiving. Blake spotted him watching and came running over, blocking his view.

Han. You mustn't be here. It's not lucky to see her before your wedding.”

It's alright, Eldon. I'll see him,” Leia's voice spoke up as she approached. Eldon reluctantly withdrew back into the room, disapproval on her face.

They both leant on the wall.

You look beautiful,” Han said, looking lovingly at her glowing face.

I haven't done anything yet,” she laughed, hanging on to a strand of her half done hair.

I know,” he replied.

What are you doing here?” she questioned gently.

Just came to see if you needed anything and also that you remembered what time we were meeting.” Leia giggled.

You came to see if I'd changed my mind, didn't you. I'll be there, don't worry.” He looked sheepish and she reached up to kiss him, the pleasure of it making it last much longer than initially intended. They were interrupted by rough hands pushing them apart.

That's enough of that. Go away now. Shoo!” Maz's authoritative voice admonished as she pushed him in the stomach and stood glaring at him with her hands on her hips.

Ow!” he exclaimed. “That's still tender,” he frowned. Turning back to Leia, “See you soon.” She laughed.

See you soon.”

#

The already kind Takodana autumn weather pulled out all the stops, sunshine making the myriad of colours in the lush environment vivid and spectacular as the wedding party rode the short way to the ancient Jedi shrine at the top of the mountain. It was not at very high altitude, none of the mountains in Takodana were on the scale of Alderaan's but it was high enough to give a stunning view as far as the eye could see in every direction. Luke had arrived before the others to prepare. He had researched the ceremony carefully knowing that, as Han and Leia had no other tradition to follow, this was both appropriate and important to them. Looking at the scenery, it wasn't difficult to understand why the shrine was built here. It was peaceful and meditative, perfect to join the two of them together.

Very soon, the small party arrived, just their closest friends; Chewbacca, Lando, Maz and Eldon, accompanied by 3PO and Artoo. They disembarked from the little shuttle craft, Leia's simple but beautiful white dress blowing in the breeze.

Han had been studying her all the way up the mountain. As usual, she carried simplicity off with grace and beauty, her white dress, lower cut than usual, flattering her figure, and the delicate flow of its material giving the impression of something ethereal. Her hair was intricately braided, Lando's necklace the only dash of colour. She blushed slightly at his attention, looking at him with equal interest. He had made quite an effort, his usual outfit being replaced by a paler set of trousers and a longer cream tunic style shirt which made him look both relaxed and suave at the same time.

I didn't think you owned a different shirt,” she observed, pleasantly amused. He looked at himself and then back at her, a mock hurt look on his face.

Well, you were wrong,” he defended. “I can dress nicely when I want to.” He looked out of the shuttle window at the view and added “I had help from Lando and Luke as well of course.” She looked at the same view and smiled. Of course.

You look very handsome.” He smiled and took her hand as they stepped out to meet Luke, his pale Jedi robes making him look every bit the master.

If ships had been passing at the point of the small ceremony and their occupants had glanced toward the mountain top, it would have looked like an archive painting of a time long ago, two lovers pledging their lives to each other in the presence of their spiritual master, private, personal and witnessed by few.

#

The serenity of the ceremony passed and the wedding party returned to the courtyard of the castle, Leia held Han back from the rest with a gentle tug on his arm. She waited until the others had gone ahead to arrange celebration refreshments and pulled her husband closer.

I have a present for you,” she told him.

I already have that,” he replied, wrapping his arms round her.

Thank you but I'm hoping this might be a little more exciting.” He looked surprised.

More exciting than you? I doubt it,” he flattered. Leia let go of him and walked quickly up the ramp of the Falcon, returning seconds later with a data pad in her hand. He frowned, a crooked smile appearing.

What's that for?”

Just wait and see,” she admonished. She touched the screen and input some instructions at which point the lower guns of the Falcon dropped out of their casing and swivelled to face them. Han's jaw dropped and his eyebrows lifted. The guns were not the ones he was used to; these were powerful, upgraded proton cannons and... were they remote operated? He half laughed in amazement and Leia smiled at his reaction. It looked like he wanted to say it was more exciting but couldn't bring himself to.

I thought you'd like them. I couldn't manage remote flying but remote guns were no problem.” He grinned and pulled her to him in so tight a hug, she nearly dropped the data pad. “Careful, we don't want to get shot by our own cannons,” she warned.

How did you manage this?” he blustered.

You were away for a while so Chewie and I did all the upgrades. No problem when you know a small ex-smuggler with endless contacts.”

All the upgrades?” he questioned.

Yes. All the upgrades you asked Maz for have been done. I had her cleaned and the new guns fitted. Also, I had stabilisers fitted to the gun turrets. I couldn't replace them but it should make them less like a rampaging bantha now.” She looked at his face. “Don't worry. Chewie has authorised and double checked everything. I wouldn't do anything to the Falcon you wouldn't approve of.” Han grinned, walking round the underside of the Falcon and checking out all the newly fitted parts.

I thought she was shiny. I don't know how you got it all done in the time.”

I fitted a few bits but, to be honest, Chewie's done most of the work. He needed to keep himself occupied while you were gone so he was happy to help.”

Good old Chewie,” Han mused, still in awe. Leia chuckled.

When you've finished looking, there is one more thing inside.” He raised both eyebrows.

More?” She took his hand and led him up the ramp and through to the lounge. She indicated the Dejarik table.

Go ahead. Switch it on. Make sure you press the yellow button.”

He frowned at her mysteriousness, walking over to the table and pressing the button she had identified. The board sprang to life but, instead of the familiar Dejarik beastly warriors, a beam of light shot up to the ceiling and a Sabaac layout appeared on the table. His eyes widened even more. “That took quite a bit of work,” Leia admitted. “Chewie and I spent ages on it. I had to do a lot of slicing to get it to work properly. Now you can play both games.” Han couldn't believe his eyes. He returned to his wife and gave her a long, hard kiss.

This is amazing. I never thought of doing that. But...” he looked hesitant. “You hate Sabaac.” He looked intently at her face.

No I don't. I hate gambling. There's a difference. I thought, when we take Lando back home, you and he can teach me to play properly. Just for fun, mind,” she lectured. He beamed.

Your on, Sweetheart. I want to see Lando's face when you beat him.” They both laughed. Each putting an arm round the other's waist, they headed back to the castle and their waiting guests.

After many hours and a wonderful meal that Mala and her companion had prepared, their guests began to drift away. Maz hugged them both and made excuses to return to her bar, Chewbacca felt tired and went to sleep on the Falcon, Luke, Eldon and Lando decided to call it a night and make their way to bed on a lower floor. It wasn't that late but their departure meant that Han and Leia could spend their wedding night in total privacy.

They sat cuddled together on a sofa, wine in hand, looking out over the view of the mountainside and the valley below in the early evening light. Their special day had been everything they wanted, just close family around them or, at least, people they considered family and now, just the two of them.

It's time I gave you your wedding present,” Han said eventually. Leia looked at his boyish expression.

You don't have to give me presents,” she said bashfully, but, looking at the excitement in his eyes, knew that a gift was inevitable.

You're being modest but you'll like this one,” he grinned. “At least, I hope you will,” he added, suddenly second guessing himself. She leaned forward and placed a hand over his, cocked her head and smiled.

I'm sure I will love it. What is it?” His excitement reignited, he held her hand tightly.

I'll have to show you.” He guided her up off the sofa and held her hand all the way across the room and along the corridor where a large tapestry was hanging. Certain that the tapestry had been hanging there since they had arrived as she had admired the colours in passing, she glanced quizzically at him.

No. It's not that.” He read her face. Reaching out, he pulled it aside to reveal a very narrow set of unlit steps. Leia's eyes widened in surprise.

This is intriguing,” she said, her excitement beginning to match his. “I had no idea the tower went any higher.” He led the way up the staircase, still clutching her hand behind him as she followed. “What have you got hidden up here? It's not alive is it?” She looked slightly concerned. “Is it a new holo-computer for the command centre?” He frowned, amused by this suggestion and looked down at her.

Would you have wanted that?”

No,” she admitted. “but, if you'd bought it, I would have loved it anyway.” He laughed.

Inspired by the secrecy of the staircase, she imagined an equally clandestine room at the top. “Wait,” she offered coyly. “Are you taking me to an intimate chamber where you intend to make erotic suggestions, Captain?” He stopped in his tracks, coming back down the few steps to stop on the same one as his wife. Even in the dim light of the passageway, her eyes gleamed with amusement at her own provocativeness, her soft, rich voice offering things that, at any other time, he would have jumped at. Pressed tightly together on the narrow step, he could feel her chest rise and fall as she breathed, her pulse as quick as his own. He rested a hand on the wall by her head and bent to kiss her, her reaction forcing him to fight hard to resist the unbearable temptation to go further. The present came first and then he would revisit her suggestion.

Stop guessing. You'll never get it.” He gave her a crooked smile. “Hold that thought though.” He almost wished he'd thought of that.

Finally reaching the top of the winding passage, they stepped out of the gloom into a much larger room than Leia had imagined would be here. It was oval shaped with a large balcony on the far side, much like on all the other floors but this room was completely devoid of furniture or decoration of any kind, the walls completely blank. She frowned and looked curiously at Han. He returned her look, appearing to be considering something. She thought, perhaps, he was uncertain whether to continue with this plan.

Ready?” he asked finally. As she was not sure what she should be ready for, she nodded, keeping nervously to the edge of the room in anticipation. He turned and pressed controls on a panel on the wall she hadn't even noticed in all the mystery.

As she watched him, a gentle hum emitted from the panel, a familiar sound, like one generated by a holo-display. She looked back at the room and, as she did, it became completely enveloped by images, projected onto the blank canvas that were the bare walls and floor, fading the solid room into nothing and replacing it with a completely different environment, so real she could almost touch it. She flattened herself against the back wall in complete shock and amazement, her hand moving to cover her open mouth. Her eyes swept round the room, taking in every detail of the palatial chamber she now found herself in, her eyes filling with tears before she could do anything about it. It was a perfect replica of Aldera Palace; its pure white, clean lines, its pillars and seats, all in their correct places, the large balcony that she remembered, perfectly positioned over the solid balcony canvas.

She ran to the balustrade and gripped it with both hands, looking over the edge. The courtyard below was barely visible now, being replaced by breathtaking purple, snow-tipped mountains and a spectacular view of the city of Aldera below, the winding streets leading down from the palace and the peaks of the esteemed university building glinting in the sunshine.

Leia could hardly breathe and she just wept. Han moved to stand next to her, touching her shoulder as she looked out over the view.

Did I do the wrong thing?” he asked gently. She shook her head vigorously then turned her tear filled eyes towards him.

No. This is...” She looked round at it all. “This is the best present I've ever had.” She threw herself into a grateful hug and he held on to her and smiled, relieved that he hadn't saddened her. “How did you do this?” she asked as she tried to recover herself. “This is the main tower of Aldera Palace.” She separated from him and moved back into the room, studying it, love and nostalgia on her face. “My first memory of Bail and Breha was sitting here.” She pointed to the bench seat by the balcony. “I loved this room. It felt as if you could see the whole galaxy from here.” She looked back out at the view, moving back to the balcony.

Han watched her taking in the visual spectacle like an excited child, a warm feeling coming over him as she showed him the landmarks and told him about them as if they were actually there. “That's the university building and there's the military academy.” She pointed and leaned on the balustrade, a deep sigh escaping as she smiled at it all. “I don't know how you did all this, Han, but really, it's the most wonderful present you could have given me. What made you think of it?” Han smiled and shrugged, leaning on the balustrade next to her.

Mon Mothma provided me with archive footage. I figured she owed us that much. Chewie and I put the holo-projector together.” He put his arm round her shoulder and they looked at the view together. “I thought about what you said about how you couldn't take me to Alderaan, but mostly I wanted to give you a nicer memory of it than the one Vader left you with. Maybe this will give you better dreams. You can play this whenever you miss home.”

I can keep this?” She looked pleased.

Yes, it's portable. We can set it up anywhere you like.” Leia breathed deeply, a look of happiness and satisfaction in her eyes.

It's beautiful,” she whispered.

Yes. It is.” He gazed lovingly at her, a vision against the backdrop of the mountains. “I'm pleased I got a chance to see you in your home at least once.” She looked deep into his eyes at that. The realisation of the true depth of his consideration striking her. She pulled his face towards hers and kissed him.

You know, for all your cynicism and bravado, you really are the most thoughtful, sensitive man I have ever known.” She gave him a bright smile. He just hugged her a little tighter and looked at the view, a shy smile on his lips. A few moments of tranquil silence passed and then he said quietly,

Gorgeous.” He continued to stare at the mountains.

The view?” she questioned. “Yes. It is, isn't it?”

No, I meant me. You forgot, I'm the most gorgeous guy you've ever known.” He looked blankly at her as if there were nothing odd about what he'd said. She raised one eyebrow, then they both laughed. “I knew you couldn't let a gorgeous guy like me out of your sight.” His cockiness returned.

You knew that all along, didn't you?” she giggled.

I hoped,” he said, more seriously.

Come on, laser-brain,” she smiled. “Let's get to bed. We have an early start in the morning and a friend to take home. Then, I believe you have a few things you promised to show me.” She had a glint in her eye and he raised an eyebrow. Taking one last look at Aldera, Leia turned off the holo-projector, flashed him a broad smile and led the way back down the staircase.

Findswoman likes this.
  9. Suzannah.Pearce

Sep 22, 2016
    One more chapter to come folks![face_hypnotized]

Findswoman likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I am one squishy gooey puddle of bliss. =D= :) [face_sigh] Oh, this is quintessential H/L. The best I've read, or probably will ever. [:D]

11. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Make that two squishy gooey puddles of bliss. Lol.

12. Suzannah.Pearce

Sep 22, 2016
    This is the last chapter of Lightforce. I would like to take the opportunity to thank you all for your time reading it and for all your wonderful comments and reviews. It has made this a fantastic experience and I look forward to posting my new novel - Jedi Allegiance, completed soon.

Findswoman likes this.
  13. Suzannah.Pearce

Sep 22, 2016
    Chapter 47

Han checked the directional readings from the Falcon's computer at the technical station. Leaving Chewbacca on Takodana with Maz to take care of personal business of his own and dropping Lando back home, he had dropped back down to the Trade Spine en route to Corellia; the Falcon's hyperdrive computer temporarily taking over as pilot. He came to join Leia on the lounge seat, lifting her legs that were outstretched and placing them back down on his thighs when he sat down. Her favoured white dress and boots reminded him of their first meeting. He could never have imagined that the feisty young princess would eventually become his wife. He never imagined himself married at all but here he was and he was the happiest he had ever been.

The material of her dress clung to her legs, showing off their attractive shape and he rubbed her thigh affectionately with his hand.
    We're on the Corellian Trade Spine. We can leave the Falcon to it for a bit.”
    That's good,” she replied, leaning her head on the bench back and twisting the end of one of her double braids round her finger, idly. She had intended to coil them up at the back of her head but hadn't got around to it. She did not want to rush anything today.

Han was enjoying her state of repose, the nonchalant and distracting way she played with her hair, the touch of her warm hand as she placed it over his on her legs. Her data pad, which was resting on the Dejarik table, bleeped and her eyes flicked to it briefly then away again.
    I expect you've flown this route many times before,” she said, inviting his sharing of past experiences.
    Sure. Lando and I used to run...” He thought better of telling her what. “Let's just say, sensitive cargo up and down here a long time ago.” Leia rolled her eyes. “It's a good run,” he confirmed, suddenly remembering old haunts. “Hey. It's about the right time for the eclipse on Duro. We could stop by there if you want. They have these little private barges that go out on the water that you can watch it from.” Leia's data pad bleeped again.
    Private?” she questioned, ignoring it. He grinned.
    Very private.” He winked at her. Imagining it made her smile; floating gently in their own secluded barge, the strange lighting from the eclipse reflecting on the water, the two of them enjoying a moment of private intimacy. Han watched her face closely.
    You like that idea,” he decided. “It's settled then. We'll stop there.”
    Her data pad bleeped for attention again and she tutted, reaching one hand out and touching the screen to see what it wanted. Han frowned.
    Did you have to bring that thing?” he asked rhetorically. She sighed and tilted her head, a resigned and apologetic look telling him she was going to answer the call.
    I have to take this,” she said, sitting up and taking up the pad in both hands. It was his turn to roll his eyes. “Mon Mothma. Good morning,” Leia greeted the Chancellor's smiling face.
    Good morning, Leia. Congratulations to both of you,” Mon Mothma enthused kindly. “I hope I'm not interrupting anything.” Leia wanted to say, Of course you're interrupting. This is my honeymoon and you're really dampening the mood. She gave the older woman a polite smile. “What can I do for you, Chancellor?” Han casually leant his elbows on the Dejarik table and covered his mouth with one hand. Leia glanced at him, data pad still in front of her, running her eyes over his face and down to his shirt where his pose was giving her a good view of his chest. Her face remained deadpan as she continued her call with the Chancellor but her tongue ran over her lips and he smiled behind his hand. She quickly looked back at her pad.
    I thought you'd like to know, we have received your instructions for Commander Blake's new appointment and have established an office for her next to yours as you requested. She arrived this morning and is already planning how to deal with the Cato Neimoidian problem with Ambassador San'teefa.” Leia nodded. “It's an interesting appointment, Leia. We will have to monitor it but I think it has great potential.”
    Thank you, Chancellor. As do I,” Leia replied. Han made a speed it up gesture with his free hand then placed that hand on her thigh under the table. Leia's lips parted slightly and she took a little breath in. He frowned and tipped his head towards the pad. Work wasn't what they were here for. She frowned back as subtly as she could in Mon Mothma's eye line and twitched her head to tell him to stop. She was waiting for a polite point at which to end the call.
    How long do you intend to be away?” Mon Mothma continued. “It's quite important we discuss plans for the Alderaanian citizens that have chosen to remain here since the exposure of the duke's underhand behaviour.”
    Han could see this conversation going on a while and knew Leia was too polite to end it. He snatched the data pad from her hands and turned it to face him, smiling falsely at Mon Mothma.
    Chancellor. How nice to see you.” He got up and began walking towards the crew quarters.
    Captain Solo. Good morning.” Mon Mothma was taken aback.
    Han. Where are you going?” Leia called, stunned by what he had just done. Han ignored her.
    I'm sorry, Chancellor,” he said into the pad. “Leia's really busy right now. She's taking a well earned break and she'll contact you when she's ready. I wouldn't expect to hear from her for, oh, at least six weeks.” He exuded insincerity.
    What do you think you're doing?” Leia walked briskly behind him, annoyance in her voice. As he reached the section of corridor between the galley and the head, he stopped and shook the data pad violently, disrupting the holo-image.
    We seem to have hit an electrical storm. It's hard to hear you, Chancellor,” he lied, opening up the hatchway on the wall to the waste disposal unit and throwing the data pad in. His hand hovered over the eject button.
    Leia's wide-eyed expression and the tilt of her head warned him not to do it. He hit the button, the sound of the vacuum flush telling her the data pad was now floating in space. She leant on the wall.
    What have you done?” she said wearily. He grabbed her hand and led her back the way they had come. “You know I'm going to have to consider her offer sooner or later, don't you?” she questioned. “She's going to reconsider if I'm not careful.” He looked over his shoulder.
    She won't change her mind. You're too experienced. She needs you.” He kept walking, heading towards the service bay, pulling her along behind him. Entering the cramped service bay corridor, he turned her round and pressed her against the wall, backing her into the same corner they had stood in when they had kissed for the first time. Recognition of the situation dawned on her face and she smiled coyly. “This is where we started isn't it?” he breathed, leaning his head down and kissing her neck. He could feel her heartbeat in her veins against his lips. She turned her face towards him so that their noses almost brushed.
    People can be too much trouble you know,” she continued their previous conversation, in a quieter voice. He kissed her again.
    Am I too much trouble?” he teased.
    No,” she breathed, their lips tantalisingly close. “You're just the right amount of trouble.”

The End

Findswoman likes this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE! Out. Loud. Your Han is a true and utter joy! ^:)^ I eagerly, eagerly anticipate the sequel. =D= [:D]

15. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Yes, Leia. Yes he is. Just the right amount of trouble. :D

16. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    All right! I’ve finally caught up with these beautiful last few chapters—what a wonderfully satisfying ending you’ve given us here! And now I see where the title of the story comes from, too! How wonderful to see Leia and Luke channeling the Force together, channeling their own innate light together. Luke is of course right that it was Leia’s compassion and love that made the light shield over Al-Adreen possible; that same love is what allowed her to overcome her (very understandable) fear of using her powers. The shield of light is a perfect emblem of the way Leia has been the shield and protector of her subjects, allies, fellow Rebels, etc. her whole life long; it kind of reminds me of Eastern Orthodox icons of the Protecting Veil of Mary, where Mary is depicted as holding a veil or robe over a city or building.

You’ve given Han and Leia such a beautiful “happily ever after” here. I love that their wedding takes place on Takodana, in an old Jedi temple not far from Maz’s, and that Luke is the one who marries them. I love that their closest friends are there: Lando, Chewie, the faithful Eldon. I even love that Leia’s wearing the necklace Lando gave her—what a tribute to the importance of friendship! The projection of Aldera Palace is such an incredible and fitting gift; it reminded me somewhat of the very end of the last Chronicles of Narnia book, where the Pevensies find out what Paradise looks like: a more beautiful and vivid version of all the familiar places they know and love. And it shows, of course, that Han really does have an immensely sensitive side lurking beneath that hardboiled smuggler persona.

Finally, what a funny, sweet ending! We knew it was only a matter of time before Leia’s state responsibilities would catch up with her, and even when one takes the princess out of the senate one can’t totally take the senate out of the princess. (And naturally her sense of duty is such that she feels she HAS TO TAKE CARE OF IT RITE NOW). Han’s reaction is priceless and so him—just toss the dang thing! [face_laugh] And what a wonderful touch to end with a tender kiss in that same hallowed corner of the Falcon where they had their very first kiss. [face_love]

Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful tale with us, and for your sensitive and heartfelt approach to one of the most classic SW couples. Bravissima, ma’am! =D= @};-

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Findswoman said:
    Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful tale with us, and for your sensitive and heartfelt approach to one of the most classic SW couples.

Echoed with love and gratitude. ^:)^ The projection of Aldera is so part of my heart-canon now. It truly is. =D= :) @};-