main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

lightsabers

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by venusboy, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Win-Dex

Master_Win-Dex Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    Ok this is from the star wars KOTOR games and blue lightsabers are the gaurdians who battle the dark side of the force and are very good in combat and the green lightsabers are the jedi consulars who try to resolve problems without violence and the yellow lightsabers are the jedi sentinles who focus more on using the force than close combat and use the force to slove any situation.

2. cbrowns4812

cbrowns4812 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 27, 2005
    I've heard it mentioned several times that a yellow lightsaber wouldn't show up very well on screen. This strikes me as odd. The fanfilm "Ryan Vs. Dorkman" used a yellow lightsaber and it showed up very fine.

I have been a big fan of yellow as a lightsaber color since I first played Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight. The Dark Jedi Yun weilded a yellow blade, and eventually turned to the light, saving your character but losing his life in the process. Your character than takes his saber as your own. I always liked the idea of using a deceased Jedi's saber as a sign of respect.

Additionally, I believe that a yellow blade versus a red one would be visually striking. The interplay between yellow and red is a tad more ambiguous than blue or green, making for a unique mood.

3. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    That, and yellow is the favored color of Darth Kimball, the greatest Sith Lord the Galaxy has ever known.

4. spoonman07

spoonman07 Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2005
    yoda's lightsaber is cool !!

5. spoonman07

spoonman07 Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2005
    look at this !!
    [image=http://students.ou.edu/F/Jedediah.M.Folks-1/Lightsabers.jpg]

6. kann

kann Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    The colors aren't reliable in that pic. Yoda had green, and stuff like that.

There's a funny part in the AOTC dvd webdoc's where GL talks to Sam L. Jackson about saber colors. Jackson says "what about purple?" Lucas replies "... Okay you can get purple"

7. Jedi_Nivek

Jedi_Nivek Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    yellow lightsabers are for aliens from differnt plants(raceist!!!)blue is for Jedi knights that are good with the force green is for good with the force purple is just for mace windo because hes a baby!(lol)and red is for evil people(duh!)

8. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.