main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Lightsabre Fight of Epic Proportions!! Fri Nov 16th!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by grey_starr, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    yeah in london here we got a few centimeters of snow :(

2. assetic

assetic Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2005
    I'll be there tonight. I know Leigh will be going aswell, and I think I'm dragging Mitch out aswell (maybe one of the Justin's too! OMG!)

So yes, I'm for sure going as a psydo Barbie Jedi. Warm pants will be warn instead of flesh coloured tights though.

Also, if you'd like to get ahold of moi, my cell is 416.825.8300

(edited because no one seemed to have any real interest :p)

3. assetic

Sep 5, 2005
    Plus, there's this fantastic after party.

http://newmindspace.com/lightsaberbattle.php#party go there and enter your full name, and get reduced entrance. (10 instead of 12). I'm fully up for going if anyone else is.

Friday, November 16, 2007 at 11:00pm
    Saturday, November 17, 2007 at 4:00am
    Street: 126 John St.
    City/Town: Toronto, ON

4. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I'd rather not do Pizza Hut personally. Me and cheese and lots of oil and grease right before vigorous physical activity do not get along well. But I can eat at home and meet you guys AT the Pizza Hut for some dessert, or just to find you guys in what I hope will be a huge crowd.

Sabrina

5. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    So plans for now is Tory and Dan are coming to get me and the rest of R2 stuff and head downtown. Right now it is unknown what time we will be downtown but I would guess around 6:30-7pm

We can call each other to try and hook up

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

6. assetic

Sep 5, 2005
    Well since no one really seems interested in the pizza hut idea I'm tossing it out.
    I'll see ya'll around 7ish aswell.

7. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I should be at the ROM around 7-730pm as well.

Sabrina

8. ErikaVader

ErikaVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2007
    Unfortunately, given that I haven't even left my house yet and I've still got to do some stuff before the event, I doubt that I'll make it to the get-together at the Pizza Hut. But I hope I might catch some of you guys at the event itself or at the after-party! If you spot a person in a black cape with a white cane and a (cheep Toys 'R Us) Darth Vader light-saber, that's me.

And on that note, arg! I wish my Master Replicas saber would hurry up and arrive! I'd love to bring it to this!

Anyway, hope to see, well, meet people there!

9. Sith_Lady_Kenobi

Sith_Lady_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2002
    Well, I wish I could go. But alas, no way of getting there...and I don't want to have the feeling of being alone when I'm there. :p Hope you all have a blast, though. Happy dueling, guys! :D

10. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    Sorry that PizzA hutt didn;t work out Tessa but we were not sure about the timing of everything. It turns out it didn;t matter since Pizza hut was closed down.

Late report since I have been fairly busy.

The event was a bust for what it was intended. There were too many people for any type of dueling. There as too much street lights and such for the UV lights to work.

However those of us that went down had a blast. It go a bit cold near the end but overall a super fun time.

We had A stormtrooper (Grey_Star), A Boba Fett (Troy), Barbi Jedi (Assetic), Leah (Leigh), R2 and Jedi (myself) We also had some friends come out to help protect those in costume. Overall very good response and only a few bad apples but nothing major went wrong.

For fun we twice crossed the huge crowd to show off the costumes with our help clearing the way.

As far as I know CTV, Global, City-TV, and Space were there. I know we made CTV. We were live on City-TV (spoiled by this blond bitch that most of us wanted to punch) and we did a segment for Space.

Tiring, cold but loads of fun.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

11. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    It was a great time for us I'd say... I loved it!

at the newmindspace site everyone is complaining about how badly organized it was... In my opinion it went well... considering it was an event done by 2 people... by the time they left that night they had cleaned up all the mess left behind by all the drunk stoned whiney kids... Kudos to them!

I'll be making a small donation for their next event... I was thinking that maybe a few of us could pool some money for a small donation to be made by FaForce Toronto?... maybe? a little group promotion...

12. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    There's a quick cameo at the start of this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHQdJssjkbo

image here on this blog...

http://torontoist.com/2007/11/phototo_lightsa.php

Here's one of the ladies...

http://flickr.com/photos/wordfreak/2038979721/

I found a whole bunch of photo's... I'll post them up as soon as I can...

13. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Actually.. I really wish now we had everyone get together for a group shot... would be cool for a FanForce update on the event...

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Lightsaber_Battle_In_Toronto_110065.asp

14. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Hey hey... I sent in some pictures and they got posted...

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Lightsaber_Battle_In_Toronto_110065.asp

15. assetic

Sep 5, 2005
    In the photo you posted we look so cold and ticked off. lol

16. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    yeah... at that time you both probably were!... lol... that was the best group shot I could find online... I was able to get Leigh's name from Facebook, but didn't know her fanfrce name to post... sorry... Still... I thought it cool they updated it for us like that... and fast too...

17. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    Yeah Tessa you and Leigh sure do look cold

LOL

18. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    I was freeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing!!

I can't believe that was the best group pic you found!

19. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    was that Sid from TT in the fore ground I can only see half his face?

20. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    Well hopefully Sabrina has a better group shot.

I like the one of Tessa an Leigh that Tessa now has for her avatar on Facebook

Yes that is Sid who helped guard the costumers

21. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    yeah... I searched the web and found every vid and image I could, and got copies... soon as I get some web software on my Vista computer I'll get them up online... and yeah... maybe Sabrina has some great shots!...

22. AKalel

AKalel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2005
    I am sure you all know this already but you were on this weekends HypaSpace Weekly. Looked like a blast wish I could of attended but given its Grey Cup weekend had lots of other stuff to do heres hoping one of these days when another event is close like this one I will be able to attend. So who was the winning side Jedi or Sith?

23. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Dang it... I did not see it... Wahhhh!!!!

24. AKalel

AKalel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2005
    Perhaps you can contact Space and if its not on their website or can get you a copy. I might be able to help you out if we can mesh our schedules. I do not drive and am located in the west end Toronto. Send me a PM if need be and if I do not hear anything in the next few days i'll take that as you you solving the situation and I do not need to worry about holding onto it.

25. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    i'll be stopping by their studios on friday so i can talk to natasha about getting a copy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.