main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightside FFC Temple (V4.0)

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Angel5000, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel5000

Angel5000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Welcome to the Lightside!! I am Angel5000, a Master and member of this group. Becuase of the size of our previous FanForce temple, and in hopes of bringing in new members, we are starting a new thread for our order.

In this first post you'll find very important information inclduing how to join, and our mission statement.

[b][u]The Lightside Of The Force: FF Temple[/b][/u]

[hr]

[b]Mission Statement:[/b]
    The mission of the Light Side Jedi Order is to:
    *1st. Combat trolls, flaming, and spamming
    *2nd. Defend the boards and all members of the JC/TF.N from any sort of attack
    *3rd. Improve the quality of posting on the JC

[b]The Lightside Code:[/b]

*I shall not spam nor troll
    *I shall respect someone else and his/her opinion
    *I shall respect the admins and the rules of the JC
    *I shall use humour when things start looking nasty

[hr]

[b][i]I want to join! What do I do?[/b][/i]

*You must have 150 posts or more to apply to the Lightside. Do not flame, troll, or spam to get these posts.

*To apply, post one (choose one) of the following in any of the Lightside threads (note: copy and paste works wonders here):
    §§§§§§§ I WANT TO JOIN THE LIGHT SIDE! §§§§§§§
    @@@@@@@ I WANT TO JOIN THE LIGHT SIDE! @@@@@@@
    You also need to PM a current Master (a member will inform you of which Masters are active and performing checks) to let them know why you?d like to join.

*After you have applied, a Master will do a background check on you. This is a simple check to make sure you are not breaking any of the JC rules, that you are not a troll, flamer, spammer etc., that you contribute readily to threads, not just posting short, few word responses, and various other things that most users should have no problem with. It will also include a little correspondence between the Master and the person being checked, for various purposes. The check should take about a week at most.

*Once your background check is complete, you will receive notification as well as any other information you need via private message, and, granted that you are accepted, an announcement will be posted in all the Lightside Temples here at the JC.

*If you have any questions, send a private message to a current Master (or Knight) and they will be able to help you out.

[hr]

[b][u]Responsibilities of Members[/b][/u]

[b]All:[/b]
    - Pursuing the Way of the Jedi.
    - Serving the greater good.
    - Self-improvement.
    - Welcoming new people
    - Supporting everyone within the Lightside

[b]Padawans:[/b]
    -Accomplish ALL missions/lessons
    -Adopt a Newbie
    -(With their Master) Patrol/Complete Missions/lessons

[b]Knights Responsibilities :[/b]
    -Training Padawans
    -Patrolling areas
    -Taking and Setting up Classes/Majors
    -Adopt/Welcome Newbies and Initiates
    -Set Good Example/Family Enviornment for LS

[b]Jedi Master:[/b]
    -Overlooking of Jedi Academy
    -Initiate Applications Back Up
    -Training Padawans
    -Patrolling areas
    -Taking and Setting up Classes/Majors
    -Adopt/Welcome Newbies and Initiates
    -Set Good Example/Family Enviornment for LS

[hr]

Our Last [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10323844&start=13315255]Fanforce Temple[/link]

[hr]

2. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    To commemorate the opening of our new thread....

Our latest Membership List!

***The Current Membership of the Lightside Jedi Order***

ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP

*Jedi Masters*
    @Council of Nine
    jadesaber2 (has Padawan)
    Ginger_Jedi (has Padawan)
    Angel5000
    Lady_Jedi_Carenix (has Padawan)
    Cypher18 (has Padawan)
    Obi-HaCoR
    Malz4JESUS

@On Temporary Leave From the Council

@Jedi Masters

Obi Anne
    JediFalcon (Ambassador to the Dark Lords/Ladies)
    Lady_Jedi26

*Jedi Knights*
    Wolverine
    Crimson_Jedi_Knight (has Padawan, Ambassador to the Dark Lords/Ladies)
    Arwen-Jade_Kenobi
    Jauhzmynn (has Padawan)
    Jedi_Satimber (has Padawan)
    jediknight88 (has Padawan)
    lightknight (has Padawan)
    Jedi_Master_Orion
    TheWombat
    Yoda_yo_mama
    Tobey-Wan
    DARTHMOM10

*Jedi Padawans*
    @Have Masters
    TheEmperorsHand (to Jedi Master jadesaber2) GRADUATED
    Jedi_Silver (to lightknight) 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 9
    Zaranne (To Ginger_Jedi) completed mission 1, 3, 4, 6, 9
    Alybrylla (to Cypher18 ) completed missions 1, 2, 3, 6, 9
    PattyB0123 (to jediknight88 ) completed missions 1, 2, 3
    Stridarious (to Lady_Jedi_Carenix) -- completed mission 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

@Up For Training w/Knight/Master
    NyghtFyre -- Completed Missions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9
    Vanthorne_OX ?- completed missions 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 7, 9

@Not Ready
    Jymm_Roquand -- completed mission 1, 3, 6, 8
    GenerationX7 -- completed missions 1, 2, 9
    Lord_RJ -- completed mission 1, 6, 9

Younglings

Bear Clan
    kylie_skywalker -- completed missions 1, 9
    KrystalBlaze - completed missions 4, 9
    Livi-Wan -- completed missions 3, 9
    lightsaber_wielder -- completed missions 1, 9

Ewok Clan
    ShadowScout -- completed mission 1, 9
    Ysanne_Isard -- completed mission 3
    Obi-Wan21 -- completed mission 1
    picciami

Wookiee Clan
    yodahs-daddy -- completed mission 1
    Kettch_the_Jedi
    Naccha
    Taz_Jinn

Hutt Clan
    mjerome3
    OBIX1 -- completed mission 1, 3
    Jedi_Samwise_Gamgee

3. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    New thread! Woohoo! :D

4. Obi-HaCoR

Obi-HaCoR Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2002
    Heck yeah man!!! New threads all over the board! :)

Great job Angel !!! :D

So how is everyone doing tonight?

I'm loving this idea of new threads for all the Lightside....certainly seems like a fresh new start. Somethign that we've needed for a little while :)

Since someone got the first and SECOND biggest room in the YJCC temple thread, I'll have to take the biggest room in THIS temple 8-}

5. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    :cool:

Nice Temple you made here Angel ;) :p

The new one is up for the EUC Temple as well! :D

And I stole the biggest room there! ;)

6. TheWombat

TheWombat Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Yeah, but I got the room next to the pool!

7. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    shakes head and settles into the fourth largest

nice job Angel

8. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    Ahhh...there's nothing like that new temple smell (especially three times in a row ;) [face_laugh]). Nice job, Angel. :)

My question of the day that I'm asking in all the temples (just because I felt like it):

What do you love?

You can answer it anyway you want to. :)

My current [face_love]: Trigun! Or more specifically, Vash the Stampede! [face_love] [face_love] I haven't seen much anime, but I really love the series since its got a good mix of comedy, sci/fi, Western, Mad Max-thing going on. :)

9. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    I answered that in the EUC thread...and I'm too lazy to post it here! :_| :p

How are y'all today? ?[face_plain] Any interesting FF meetings with y'all lately?

God bless!

-Malz

10. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    oooh pretty new thread!! :D

as for the question.... um... well right now I love Billy Joel because I'm listening to him... and I love my guitar. yeah. and lots of stuff and people :p

11. Obi-HaCoR

Jul 13, 2002
    ****REMINDER:****

Masters and Knights , this is just a little reminder, if you have not yet posted your weekly or bi-weekly Patrolling Reports at the Knights Chambers , please do so whenever time permits for you. We would like to see how things are going around the JC as well as your patrolling. Thanks!!

Sorry, meant to post that earlier in the day, LoL! 8-}

Emperor : How are things going for you? :) Wow, you play the guitar?? My dad is teaching me how to play the acoustic :) wish me luck :D

So how is everyone's night coming along over here?? :)

12. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Hey guys, thanks - glad my thread meets your approval. Was lots of work ya know, makina whole new thread, spraying the "new thread smell". Did you nkow you have to buy it? It comes in a nice little can like FeBreeze and you spray it around.... ;) :p

LOL

What do I love? I answered that in the other 2 threads. You may read my answers there.

:)

13. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    *strolls in with a basket of flowers*

Another nice new Temple ^_^

*puts flowers on a nice big table*

Ahh pretty :)

Carenix: I love everything in my life right now :)

14. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    Obi: Yep, I play guitar, and I love it too, more than almost anything! It's great. I play both electric and acoustic, though the guitar I own is an electric. My dad's been teaching me too! (and my brother a little) Good luck learning it! It takes a little getting used to, but it's awesome once you're able to switch chords fast, etc. :)

I like what you've done with the place, Angel and Ginger :p ;)

15. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Guitars huh? My dad plays guitar. He's got 2 acquistics (sp??), 1 electric, and a banjo. He doesn't play teh banjo though.

I can pick out stuff on the piano, but not very good.

So how's everyone doing?

How about a "Question of the Week" for this thread? Seeings as how all the other threads have one.

My question is...

In what ways, if any, has the Lightside affected you and your RL. Are these good or bad?

I'll answer later. :)

16. Obi-HaCoR

Jul 13, 2002
    Emperor : Yeah, like right now, I only know two chords, and have been trying to change over to them faster and faster without looking, LoL!!! [face_laugh]

I feel like a big dork knowing only two, but it's fun to practice thats for sure. Hopefully when my dad isn't so busy, he can probably try and teach me some more. You knwo what would be really good..............if I learned how to read music, Lol! [face_laugh]

EDIT:

In what ways, if any, has the Lightside affected you and your RL. Are these good or bad?

Man, what a question.........The Lightside has affected me a lot, in both good and bad ways. In terms of bad ways, it's probably been since I became a Master it certainly has become a lot crazier work wise. Something is constantly goign on, wether it be big discussions or incidents that need to be taken care of. Trying to do everything for the good of the Lightside and so forth. Just can be quite time consuming but in the end........it's all worth it. There for bringing me to the GOOD about the Lightside.

This group as a whole has certainly helped me realize why I came to the JC in the firs tplace. The peopel have changed as well as our membership, but when it all comes down to it in the end, we are a family, and it shows when we post and talk with one another. I've made some tremendous friends, definitly some loved ones and especailly those very close to my heart. Friendships that I will never lose. Each person here I think impacts us in a way that allows us to keep coming back for more. There is somethign good about this place that no matter how bad it gets, seems to keep drawing us here and work harder and harder to make it right and better.

The Lightside has helped me realize the importance of what it means to help others. Especially others that we never know, or have never met before in our entire lives. To protect those that don't even know us. I mean, who knows what our advice or help may have done for them. Who knows how many lives we have helped or how many peopel we have stopped from crying late at night. I mean....everything about the purpose of the Lightside is good and it feels good to be able to be a part of that. It has taught me that a big part of life is not about focusing on myself and what I can do to make it beter for me, but what I can do for others and help them out, because it isn't about me.

The Lightside is just a great place overall, a place to meet friends, a place to help others and a great place to change who you are for the better :) So yeah.......... it has certainly affected me :)

*takes a deep breath*

I'm tired now 8-}

17. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    Wow, long long response.... ;)

Well first of all... 2 chords is fine ;) I mean, I've always known a few chords because I grew up with guitars all over my house, but it took me a while to learn how to switch quickly. Don't worry about switching without looking either... that comes with time and all. ;) But yeah, best of luck with that :D

Angel: that's pretty cool ;) My dad plays too. He's really good by now. We've got quite a few guitars. :) He has a banjo but doesn't really play it, too!

How has the Lightside affected my life...
    Well let's see. I won't have quite as long an answer. I'm not really sure, that a question that requires quite a bit of thought. Well, it's helped me meet some of the nicest people on the JC, and I'm very grateful for that. I'm not so sure about RL though. It probably has had some sort of influence on my RL life, though not as extensively as other things. I usually try not to let online things influence my life to too much of an extent. Since I'm not yet a Master or Knight, I obviously don't have quite as much responsibility with the group, which is good since I'm too busy to be able to handle that right now, but overall any effect the LS has had on my life would be a much more positive effect than negative.

18. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Another new thread...

Ok...I am tired of moving now...can we hold off for at least another 6 months? :p

19. TheWombat

TheWombat Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Moving SUCKS. I've already vowed that the next time I move, I will save up another $500 bucks to pay movers.

20. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    alright, no more moves for awhile jsat :)

TEH your dad has a banjo he cant play too? Wow!! I wouldnt mind learning to play the guitar. SOmeone'll have to take over playing the guitar for worship and for fun at family get-togethers after my dad and his sisters are old and can't play anymore.

21. Obi-HaCoR

Jul 13, 2002
    I remember one day when I was at school (back when I lived on dorms in Virginia)

I was walkign back to my dorm with a coupel of my friends and we saw this one guy with his acoustic, just sitting on the steps outside of the backsetball arena, just playing praise and worship songs with his acoustic and singing. It was so awesome! I think that is what made me want to get into it. I loe praise and worship music and the guitar is excellent.

So that moment certainly inspried me down the road to learn how to play.

22. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Wow! I never see that here! That would be nice but you never see it.

You hear a lot of mixed music, but not a lot of Worship/Praise music. Some people play rap, some rock, quite a few plya country (i'm in a hick town, what can I say? :p )

23. Obi-HaCoR

Jul 13, 2002
    ANNOUNCMENT!!!!!!

[b]Congradulations!!! [/b] is in order for [b]ShadeSaw [/b] for becoming an official member of the Lightside, making him our newest [b]Youngling[/b] belonging to the [b]Ewok Clan [/b]

[hr]

I hope you enjoy your stay and your membership to the Lightside, welcome to the family :)

[b]Angel [/b]: Yeah, it was certainly an experiance. Some of the peopel even joined in to sign along. Great time!!

24. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Congratulations Shadeshaw!!!

ERROR: OPPM :mad:

25. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    OPPM is bad! :(

ANNOUNCEMENT

All Knights and Masters need to report to the Knight's Chambers in the Academy EZboard and go to the Assignments thread to confirm, change, or get a patrolling assignment!

That's all :D

I should go to bed now y'all...I'll be back tomorrow! :D

God bless!

-Malz

Wait...

ANOTHER ANNOUNCEMENT ;)

Sam_Skywalker is now a Youngling in the Wookiee Clan! :) Congratulations!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.