main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Line Party Thread - For Episode III

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lodreh, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceTheologian

ForceTheologian Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2004
    Alright, I now know for sure that I can show up Tuesday night. I will have Wednesday off, no matter if I'm still delivering pizzas or if I have started the Account Manager job I'm close to getting. So, I have my time set up, just need to get to work on my costume and how to do lightsaber dueling. I probably will not be able to make the meeting before hand, but I'll pretty much have someone speak on my behalf about the lightsaber stuff. Another thing, I still need to get me an Eastern Rim shirt. They were what? 15 bucks? I need a large.

FT

2. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Talk to Fett about the shirt. Oh, Entropy, that list you gave me, to give Fett. He cannot make any orders unless he has the money up front, as well. And its better if he does a bulk order all at once. So that will be something we will bring up at the meeting, so folks that DONT have shirts need to get them, and plan to order them then. Dont forget to bring the money for it when you order, though.

3. Cowgirlup0916

Cowgirlup0916 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2005
    Stupid question. When and where is the meeting, and are me and Travis invited?

4. eris_of_discord

eris_of_discord Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    I am buying a shirt to use when I get some money. I will be helping out one of my moms friends at work, so I should get some money soon.

5. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Eris, yours was part of the order that I made at the last meeting. Your mom asked me to order several. If I see Dennis tomorrow, I'll go ahead and pay him. Just pay me back when you get the money, or whip me up some brownies or a chocolate cake or something. As Tom is fond of saying, it'll all even out in the wash.

6. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Of course you and Travis are invited, Cassie. The meeting will be at Fetts, next Saturday, May 7th. I dont know what time, yet, though. It depends on alot of stuff, like whether we are out looking at houses again, or not. (We have an offer we have accepted on our house, its just pending the inspection on monday, so we gotta find a place to move.)

Anyways, I am thinking sometime that evening would be good, since alot of our meetings are done at night, for dinner, anyways. We could pitch in, and have someone go grab some pizzas, and just dig in and get our line party stuff put together. :)

7. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    HEY! Congrats on the house! Now you guys need to find a place near Nashville and your all set. :)

8. Kazuma_Kuahara

Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    bad news guys, i can't find my shirt... i think it was lost in the wreck of jim's...

9. eris_of_discord

eris_of_discord Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    ok thanks. I just did not know if it would be easier to buy a shirt first with me wanting a baby tee. and I would be more than happy to make brownies. in fact I might make some to carry to the line party too.

10. TrueRevanite

TrueRevanite Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2004
    Cass and I are going to do our best to make the meeting. As far as T-Shirts go... do they make them in size: "Tank"?

11. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    I think they can get them in whatever size you need. If you think you lost yours, Kazuma, then it might be best to go ahead and order you another one.

12. Nightwing01

Nightwing01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2004
    I'll be attending the meeting. Riff, I'll talk to Donnie and see if he wants to shell out some cash for a shirt so we can get him outfitted. Hopefully my girlfriend will be joining us, and I'll probably have Elijah (Inept Trooper that he is) in tow as well. He and I are already planning out a saber duel for the parking lot, just because it'd be fun. I also volunteer to run any RPG's that may occur at the line party for anyone who's interested. If so, let me know so I can go ahead and at least get a count.

13. TrueRevanite

Sep 10, 2004
    Unfortunately, Cass and I won't be able to attend after all. We forgot that both of my parents are having oral surgery done Friday and will be pretty much out of it Saturday. We are going to try and get our order to Cam along with the money and have him give it to you when he comes.

We hate to miss it, and I came up with an idea on how we could still participate in the actual meeting and discussion if anyone is willing to hear it.

14. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Sure, what did you have in mind?

15. TrueRevanite

Sep 10, 2004
    We have a phone in the house that isn't being used that has a speaker phone function... we also have a couple phone cards, charged with 120 minutes (buy in bulk at Sam's Club :-D). We thought we could also give Cam the phone and he could possibly hook it up and dial us at the house and put it on speaker phone. That way when everything is being discussed for the line party and what have you, we can hear what is said and be able to share our opinions, instead of someone having to relay what is said later. What do you think?

16. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    Nightwing, I'll pencil you in for the RPG's. As for playing, I'm interested.

17. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    That would be cool, TrueRev. :) Also, Entropy, pencil me in for the Star Wars Trivia, too. I figure that I am going to partner up with Lodreh on that one, too. :)

18. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    Done and done!

19. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    So... other than ordering shirts what needs to be finalized?

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

20. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    All of our plans for the line party. I need a list to carry to Heath because I wanted him to approve it, to be sure all is cool.

21. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    As promised here are my meeting notes. I've already sent a more detailed copy off to Riff with our "ask Heath" list.

Official Activities:
    - Star Wars Trivia
    o Prizes to be determined.
    o Judges/MC?s: Lodreh and Riff
    - Raffle to benefit Kisses for Katie - Riff and Eris
    o First Prize: CIII Vader Exclusive
    o Second Prize: Republic Commando (for Xbox?)
    o Third Prize: Obi-Wan Mountain Dew stand-up
    o Other prizes mentioned: Harley Shop goods, free passes to Thee Dollhouse
    o Price of tickets? $5?
    - Costume Contest
    o Prizes to be determined.
    o Judges: Cassy, Jonathan, Dennis, Travis, and Josh
    - Promotional Display
    o PowerPoint presentation/Slide show
    o Tri-fold poster
    o Flyers
    o Membership forms

Unofficial Activities:
    - Pazaak - Mordtat and Riff
    - Chess - Entropy
    - Lord of the Rings Trivia ?Cassy
    - RPG?s ? Nightwing
    - Lightsaber Mosh Pit
    - Lightsaber Tournament ? FT

Press Coverage:
    - Rocky Mount Telegram ? Dennis
    - Scottland Neck Paper ? Joe
    - Nashville Graphic ? Eddie

Bring List:
    - Table ? Dennis
    - Flyers ? Brian
    - Business cards ? Dennis
    - Drop cord and power strips ? Travis
    - Tri-fold display with pictures ? Brian
    - Black Sheet ? Jonathan

Oh, and for those interested you can download a copy of the current flyer at www.easternrim.com/flyer2.doc

22. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    One thing to add.... tickets for the raffle are $1, and I really dont think tickets to Thee Dollhouse are a good idea for this.

23. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    That's your call boss. You're the one who seems to be heading up the raffle. Maybe we can find other uses for Thee Dollhouse passes. ;)

24. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    But what could they be used for???

25. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Yeah, we will figure out another use for them. Something more discreet, obviously, but we will put them to use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.