main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fun Lines/Quotes With Significance to You (Explain)

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Dark Ferus, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    “Friend is such a strong word! He’s more like an acquaintance.”

I definitely have a few people who I can solidly call friends, but I’ve had a hard time drawing the line between friend and acquaintance. Better yet, I’m not good at making acquaintances into friends either, to any degree.
    That’s why this line from The Return of Jafar stands out in particular to me.

2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    “Selfless acts of bravery in the face of overwhelming force.”

While these Bolt Thrower lyrics from their song Anti-Tank Dead Armour describe a brave serviceman being assaulted by constant attacks on the frontline, my interpretation is facing every fear or obstacle in my life and rising above it. Lately, it is caretaking mom, especially over the last few months. I’m not perfect and sometimes scared, but I have to be strong for her and me and just keep going.

I also am trying to apply it to work and my own meh, just keep going.

I’ve often said if I ever got a phrase tattooed on me, it would be this. I’ve loved that line since first hearing it in 2005.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    Blobofat, Emperor Ferus and Iron_lord like this.
  3. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    A bad day with coffee is better than a good day without it.

I don't know where the quote comes from. I like to think it was Krishnamurti or some other great sage, but it was probably Bob Saget.

Even when things are not going as planned, this magic elixir has the power to keep me focused. Without it, I can have a nice day but it will never be as great as it would be with an espresso in my hand.

4. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I know what I want, so don’t ask me I’m still trying to figure it out… …I’m alone, on my own, and that’s all I know,
    I’ll be strong, I’ll be wrong, oh, but life goes on

“A Place In This World”

I find these lyrics very relatable, and I feel they apply considerably to my life.

Healer_Leona and Juliet316 like this.
  5. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Wow I thought I was the only one who often thinks about that Return of Jafar line. Cool to know there's someone else. :p

6. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    I've thought of this quote from the book Dune many times. I still feel fear. Though it has helped me deal with it better sometimes.

Healer_Leona and Master_Lok like this.