main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Lining up for Celebration (NOT Overnight or for Wristbands)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by micmac12, Apr 6, 2017.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Holy Crapola! Look at this line to get in on Thursday. Knowing exactly where that is now, and how slow it was moving, sheesh. No wonder people were pissed, especially single day badge holders. There is no reason for that. There were doors all along the convention center. But because some ordinance was in place that required only one entrance point as a result of an unrelated shooting that happened almost a year ago? Is that even true, or was that just a rumor floating around? I hope it's true, otherwise this level of incompetence and lack of foresight and staffing is inexcusable. I had lined up at 5pm the day before and was in the overnight queue, so I had no idea how bad it actually was on Thursday morning until I saw this. I have to think Disney is looking at this and thinking what an inevitability it is that they take over.

Watch the video below the article.

http://www.clickorlando.com/enterta...ration-organizers-apologies-after-bumpy-start

2. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I think it was to enforce the security check point but it was a terrible idea. Even the other days when they opened 2 other entrances and they confirmed that they would open the main entrance at 5 and the other two at 6 they still didn't follow through. the earliest they opened I believe was like 5:35 ish