main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Links between Lucasfilm productions

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by StampidHD280pro, Feb 26, 2023.

1. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    I just noticed a couple things recently I never noticed before.
    The strip club owner with the snake in More American Graffiti is the used car salesman in the giant chair who harasses Toad in the first movie. It took me over ten years to notice that! Wow.

Also, the "Let the man speak!" juror in Tucker: The Man and His Dream is the "He'll make a fine Moose!" store owner from American Graffiti.

There are more I can think of, but I'll leave them for another time, or if you know any, please share them!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
  2. StampidHD280pro

Jul 28, 2005
    [​IMG]
    "1138"
    From Continental Divide, written by Lawrence Kasdan. Actually an Amblin production, but surely a nod to George, who had produced Kasdan's Body Heat that year. Both great movies.

BlackRanger likes this.
  3. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Get a load of this:

Han Solo is the same guy as Indiana Jones!

StampidHD280pro likes this.
  4. BlackRanger

BlackRanger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2018
    The role of Cindy Williams' brother in More American Graffiti, whose character was written in to replace Richard Dreyfuss, was played by Will Seltzer, who was the runner-up to play Luke Skywalker, and probably would have gotten the role had Mark Hamill not come to one of the very last auditions. (I've always wondered if Hamill being blond like Flash Gordon, not to mention the Luke in Ralph McQuarrie's production paintings, was something that clinched the part in his favor.) I suspect Lucas gave Seltzer this role as an apology of sorts, though it obviously pales in comparison.

And if Seltzer had been cast as Luke, Han Solo would have been played by Christopher Walken. Seriously.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2023
    KyleKartan and StampidHD280pro like this.
  5. StampidHD280pro

Jul 28, 2005
    Nor gonna lie, that would have been awesome, but I like blonde Luke. Feels more retro, but Walken as Han Solo? Now that I really think about it, I'm getting chills.