main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Lisa's last day Mini games Apocalyptica challenge. Obi-Wan on Tatooine

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Nov 12, 2021.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lisa's last day Mini games Apocalyptica challenge
    Author: Earlybird-Obi-Wan
    Timeframe: saga 15 bby
    Genre: one shot

For the Mini games Apocalyptica challenge. I got 2: Beautiful
    Thanks for the great challenge @Pandora

Lisa's last day

The twin suns were setting.

Obi-Wan saw her wandering out of her stable. She had been his companion for five years.

Lisa, she had been a old eopie when he bought her, paying only for the saddle and the food because the kind owner Gerrik Smith saw his great sorrow and wanted to give her a nice owner to spend her remaining years. Gerrik had helped him to strap his meager belongings on the saddle.

He had mounted her with Luke, wrapped in a papoose and had brought the boy to Owen and Beru Lars.

He had found a abandoned hovel and had made it a home for Lisa and him.

In the first years during his exile on Tatooine she had been his only means to get supplies. He saw her getting older and still wanting to please. He had bought a land-speeder.

Lisa became his companion for his walks, often getting to a canyon quite near his home where some shrubs were growing. Sitting down, she settled down next to him and made comfortable snorting sounds when Qui-Gon came to teach him.

“Lisa.” Obi-Wan donned the brown cloak – the one Qui-Gon had worn when he became one with the Force on Naboo – and hurried after her, thinking about her and mostly about another her when he heard the sound of the swirling sand under his feet.

'Be with her.'

“Siri?” Obi-Wan looked this and that way and saw no one. And a tear started to dribble down his cheek. This day – five years ago – she had given her life during the battle of Azure. He remembered it vividly. The last discussion; 'I can't. Get it for me.' He getting her crystal and receiving it. 'No yours. Now I will never leave you.' He replying 'You will never leave me.' And her last words 'Don't worry so much.' He closed his eyes for a moment, fighting against the tears.

'Don't focus on that. You are distracted my padawan learner. You have overcome your sorrow. You can again live with an open heart. And you are doing that. You are there for Luke and Leia. They are the future of the Jedi.'

“Uhmm yes.” Obi-Wan had followed Lisa to the canyon and saw her settling down with some difficulty.

'Be with her.'

“Yes Qui-Gon.” Obi-Wan heard the comforting voice of his master and saw the shimmering form next to Lisa's broad back.

Her. She was his only companion. He hurried to her, swirling sand moving in the air.

'She is ready.'

Obi-Wan knelt down next to her head, saw her opening her eyes one more time, heard a soft satisfying grunt and saw the light fading from those beautiful eyes. She was gone.

“Oh Lisa. You have lived a long and happy life. You were the ride for little ones and caring beings, always gentle with you and you were gentle and caring for them. You had a great master in Gerrik Smith. He saw my hurt. He saw my sorrow. He knew that I would be comforted by you and I was, enjoying your company for a long time. Bye Lisa.”

'You know what to do.'

Obi-Wan nodded and stood up, walking a short distance away, raising his hands.

Swirling sand rose into the air, joined by more sand, pebbles, rocks, larger rocks, making a beautiful melody, hovering above the body of Lisa and settling down, burying her and ending the song with a few sounds of a large rock settling on the top and some pebbles tinkling against each other.

Obi-Wan began to walk back to his home and turned one more time when he reached the beginning of the canyon.“Bye Lisa.”

FIN

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    How utterly touching! @};- A wonderful use of the prompt. =D=

Kahara and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    The prompt given by @Pandora was giving me the right mood to write this piece

4. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    This story is a good reminder that the Force is indeed--to quote Obi-Wan's own words--present in every living thing. Lisa is one of those beings, and Obi-Wan, and the two Jedi who are there for him in spirit form, treat her with the respect she deserves--both during her life, and here at the end of it. Lisa accepts her approaching death in a way probably most Jedi would be hard pressed to do, for all their mantras. She knows it's time. I have seen elderly animals like her, at that time, and that is how they are.

As I wrote in that last sentence, I have been in this situation, so this story has personal meaning for me. I have been there for them even as they are far away in a state I can't reach in their last minutes. I have buried them with a covering of rocks, in the "old style." It's so close that it's hard for me to write something really literary and intelligent, so I hope this will do.

Finally, I am glad I was able to provide you with inspiration, and thank you for writing this for my challenge!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
    Kahara and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Seeing the eopie in the movie I had to write more about her and her relation with Obi-Wan.
    Animals know when it is time.
    Thank you for your insightful reply

Kahara likes this.