main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Lit Exclusive: Dave Wolverton Addresses Fan Criticisms of The Courtship of Princess Leia, & MORE

Discussion in 'Literature' started by IG_2000, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    The Last Jedi you say [looks it up] Oh, that one, the one with cover with a guy (or is it a gal) holding a holcron shot from behind. I did not know it had witches in it, but then again I have no idea at all about that one to tell the truth
    I think that the witches are an excellent example of design evolution. First we have the above sith-witch who inspired the nightsister and underlord bodyguard Mighella in the Darth Maul (2000) comic

[​IMG]

I would say that bot the sith-witch and Mighella then were both used as inspiration for the nightsister in the Republic comic storyline Infinity's End.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

later the 'sister Ros Lai from Infinity's End appered in the video game The Clone Wars: Jedi Alliance with a new look -

Old look
    [​IMG]

new look
    [​IMG]

- and to my understanding (I can be wrong here) the TCW 'sisters look were inspired by Ros Lai's The Clone Wars: Jedi Alliance look and the Infinity's End 'sisters look

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

That's exactly true; Dave Filoni said it at the Q & A session at Celebration 6. I don't know if there's a recording of that somewhere, but IIRC he said Lucas was on a trip to their animation studio in Singapore and saw an ad for Jedi Alliance and asked (presumably Dave) who the witches were and if they could be used somewhere down the line in TCW. Filoni was using it as an example of how Lucas tended to get visual cues from the EU for the prequels and TCW rather than read the books from front to back.

Gamiel likes this.
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    A man of my own taste then

Jedi Princess and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  4. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Why does that not surprise me at all...

5. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    This thread is featured in the book Star Wars Icons: Han Solo! I knew there was a reason why I should mindlessly binge every single expanses universe book in 5 months and stalk their authors like a deranged madman

6. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Really? Featured like how?

Excerpts from your Wolverton interview?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  7. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Yes, excerpts in the Legends section, along with my name and link to the thread (which I assume you cannot click on in real life) in the works cited section in the back.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  8. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006