main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Lit Podcasts?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JechtShotMK9, Nov 26, 2021.

1. JechtShotMK9

JechtShotMK9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 27, 2013
    Hiya all, haven't been here in a while, since the Great Canon Reset, I believe.

I have been looking around for good Star Wars fan stuff, and was hoping to find a good podcast. However, I'm much more in to the books than the films, and obviously most podcasts seem to be for the latter.

Would anyone here happen to have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

2. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I recommend Tapcaft Tranmission. A Star Wars Book Club that has for the most part gone over Legends material

PLaylist

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-FI_xShOJy1EH140iTqFk8xxPpcjwuhJ

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2021
  3. JechtShotMK9

JechtShotMK9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 27, 2013
    Oh my, they just did Glove of Darth Vader...

4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Oh yeah there going for the DEEP PULLS, they wanna do ALL OF BANTAM first before doing NJO.

5. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Don't listen to tapcaft. They aren't a good source to get a feel for the stories they talk about.

I don't know any good ones, but DON'T listen to tapcaft. Unless you think saying "Luke is a loser incel" is the height of comedy or are only really into the military side of Star Wars and not into the mystical force side.

They aren't that interesting and their 'talks' get very repetitive. I mean they literally say it would have been better if the EU never formed as a whole, so yeah. Cannot recommend.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
  6. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I'm not big on podcasts but I've listened to Rogue Podron a few times and didn't have a problem with it (unlike most podcasts which I find extremely annoying).

7. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Rogue Podron is great, and despite their name they've covered a fair number of non-Rogue books over the years. They're cool people too, but don't tell them I said that.

JechtShotMK9 likes this.
  8. The Corellian President

The Corellian President Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 23, 2015
    Well the main one, Jedi Journals, just closed down.

Star Wars Bookworms is fun, but their release schedule is a little mixed.

9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

10. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I've been listening recently to Father and Son: A Star Wars Podcast, which is the most wholesome, positive podcast I've run into in a good long while. It's well-nigh impossible to listen to Kerwin and Keith share their love of Star Wars and remain a cynic. They get it.

11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean i'm all for being critical but if people start becoming cynical of Star Wars then i think it's time to call it quits.

12. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    I honestly have a difficult time listening to podcasts unless the people involved have a lot of experience in public speaking. Talking to an audience live without attempting to edit things takes a lot of experience that many that try don't have.

13. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    In solely my own opinion, I don't think even being critical is the best way to approach Star Wars content. But yeah, once you've grown altogether cynical - when it's more about being angry or upset all the time than having fun - I agree that it may be time to reassess your relationship to the franchise.

14. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    @Jid123Sheeve Do you have or plan to have an audio-only version somewhere?

I find YouTube to be a very inconvenient way to listen to podcasts.

15. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Congrats! You are in luck! We are on Spotify! https://open.spotify.com/show/1K6pxt6raCUgAG4TwKcy0y

JediFett10 and VexedAtVohai like this.
  16. xezene

xezene Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    There is a good Tosche Station podcast called the Thrawncast, later more well known as the Vongcast, which covers the Thrawn trilogy, Truce at Bakura, the New Jedi Order series in its entirety, Mercy Kill, Rogue Planet, and the Invasion comics. Basically, they more or less cover material that ties into NJO. You can listen to them all here.

Force Smuggler likes this.