main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Literature Forum Reference: Rules, Index, Release Dates & weekly Marvel Comics shipping updates

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Rogue_Follower, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Not as interesting as you'd think. I missed Eddie's posting the new Autumn TPB's two posts up. I thought I'd just discovered them. It's just so darn hard to beat Eddie to the punch.;)

I will say that I like that the covers are already up.

2. eddie1969

eddie1969 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 3, 2005
    It's just so darn hard to beat Eddie to the punch.

I may not look like much, but I've got it where it counts, kid...

;)

Oh yeah, just discovered this untitled Star Wars art book for late 2009/early 2010:

http://zepy.momotato.com/2009/03/25/nishimata-represents-japan-in-star-wars-artbook/

Nishimata Aoi has announced on her blog that she has been picked to represent Japan in an upcoming Star Wars art book which will contain art from over 100 illustrators. She is one of only two artists that are representing Japan in the art book, which is expected to be released late 2009 or early 2010.

The other artist representing Japan is unnamed, but Nishimata comments the other person is somebody who has been around much longer than her and is completely out of reach for somebody like her. She also says she is in charge of the moe illustration, so I?m assuming the other artist will be from a different genre.

Also the book will apparently have a page to introduce the background on each artist that is featured, so it?ll be a pretty big book.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-03-25/shuffle-aoi-nishimata-to-draw-in-star-wars-book

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    My guess on the other Japanese artist would have to be Tsuneo Sanda.

4. DavBacca

DavBacca Jedi Master star 2

Jun 13, 2002

5. MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    Yeah, it appears England will get the PB of Clone Wars, but the US is doing without.

So, let me get this straight: in a bad economy, with less money in our pockets, Del Ray has decided not only not to do a PB of Clone Wars but has oversized both the size and price of the PBs for the Clone Wars novels? I don't understand this at all.

6. bschuster

bschuster Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2009
    I cant believe the US wont be getting any type of PB release for the clone wars novel. That is really frusterating and unprecidented for PB collectors like myself. Does anyone know the UK release date because I plan on ordering it overseas? HC's are so costly and bulky that there is no way i will start putting them on my uber crowded star wars novels shelf even if the US gets shlubbed for a PB release. I really hope this isnt the start of some lame DR trend. Though its still hopeful all the other HC releases in 08 have upcoming PB release dates.

7. Darksama

Darksama Jedi Master star 1

Dec 16, 2007
    According to Diamond Comics, the Omnibus Emissaries and Assassins is coming out this Wednesday, April First.

8. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Updated this week's comic solicitations (for DT:BH#0, KotOR 43, Legacy 38, Invasion 1).

9. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
    Knights of the Old Republic 6-Vindication has changed release dates to April 29th

10. Darksama

Dec 16, 2007
    Diamond Comics has confirmed that The Clone Wars #5 comes out this week and the following week we get Knights of the Old Republic #40 and Dark Times #13.

11. eddie1969

Feb 3, 2005
    discovered by Plaristes:

Star Wars Roleplaying Game: Galaxy of Intrigue (January 19, 2010)

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Galaxy-Intrigue-Roleplaying/dp/0786954000/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241023900&sr=1-2

and we have a confirmation of The Art of Star Wars: The Clone Wars Special Edition

http://www.chroniclebooks.com/index/main,book-info/store,books/products_id,8161/path,1/title,The-Art-of-Star-Warsreg-The-Clone-Wars/

The Limited Edition of The Art of Star Wars: The Clone Wars is adorned with exclusive cover art by Russell Chang, Lucasfilm Animation artist, in the tradition of legendary Star Wars illustrator Ralph McQuarrie, and comes with 3 gatefolds and a special vellum envelope containing 8 full-sized pieces of new art from the series designers.

:)

12. Apophis

Apophis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    When will the paperbacks of FotJ come out? Or won´t there be any paperbacks either?

13. DavBacca

DavBacca Jedi Master star 2

Jun 13, 2002
    Each one should come out withing 9 - 12 months of the hardback. Sue said there will be paperbacks (just like every other novel with the exception of these 5 Clone Wars novels).

14. Xicer

Xicer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2008
    Huh, the Vindication TPB shouldn't be out for another couple of weeks, but amazon already has it in stock:

http://www.amazon.com/Vindication-Star-Wars-Knights-Republic/dp/1595822747/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241644018&sr=8-5

15. Darksama

Dec 16, 2007
    I obtained my copy of Vindication from my local comic book store last week. Its publishing date was moved up. Dark Horse seems to be doing the same thing for Vector volume 2, they now have it down for the 20th of this month.

16. Xicer

Aug 21, 2008
    Ah, I never realized that. Time to go update Wookiee...

17. eddie1969

Feb 3, 2005
    Wizards released part 9 of the Dawn of Defiance campaign: Sword of the Empire by John Jackson Miller is now at

http://www.wizards.com/starwars/downloads/SW_DoD_09_Sword_of_the_Empire.pdf

18. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
    Got my Vindication trade. Thanks for the heads up about Vector 2.[face_peace]

19. eddie1969

Feb 3, 2005
    The following curious DK title by Daniel Wallace just turned up at Amazon UK:

Star Wars: Year by Year: A Visual Chronicle (hardcover, 352 pages)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-Year-Visual-Chronicle/dp/0756657644/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241936174&sr=1-3

20. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
  21. Mestre_Yoda

Mestre_Yoda Jedi Master

Dec 1, 2005
    Anyone knows if there are plans for the paperback versions of the FOTJ series?

M'Y

22. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
    All of the FOTJ novels will be coming out in paperback. From hardcover to paperback takes roughly 9-12 months so expect to see Outcast somewhere between December and March of 2010.

23. eddie1969

Feb 3, 2005
    ETA: Eddie, I really should look to your site before posting this stuff. I'm so redundant!

When I saw your dates of January 26, I went to update my website, but saw that I already had these dates (taken from Amazon Canada)...

24. Xicer

Aug 21, 2008
    Outcast paperback coming in May 2010.

http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jspa?threadID=222689&start=8805

25. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but shouldn't the discussion thread for Slaves of the Republic #6 be stickied? It came out today.