main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~Little Miss Independent~ (Luke, Mara fluffy OneShot with a dash of humor.)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mira_Jade , Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Thanks for clicking!:)

~Little Miss Independent~
    Genre: Romance, fluff
    Rating: G
    Characters: Mara/Luke
    Summary: Short fluffy fic inspired by Kelly Clarkson's song, ?Miss Independent.? Not a songfic though.

Miss got it hard
    Miss play it smart
    Miss if you want to use that line you better not start, no
    But she miscalculated
    She didn?t want to end up jaded
    And this Miss decided not to miss out on true love
    So, by changing her misconceptions
    She went in a new direction
    And found inside she felt a connection
    She fell in love
    ~Kelly Clarkson

Growing up she was taught that her worst would get her killed, and her best would have to be perfect. Younger years were spent sitting at Palpatine's and Vader's feet, and listening to their stories. The puberty years, the years every girl looks back on and cringes at, those years were spent with a iron grip on her mind, and corpses at her feet. Her teen years were spent simmering, and growing further and further away from who she was.

She didn't do normal girl things. She never went shopping with friends, she never had a mother to sit down and trade stories with. She never gossiped about boys, or spent hours fixing her hair, and painting her nails green.

That never bothered her.

Her adult years were spent running away from her past, and trying to figure out what to do next.

There was never any thoughts of men. Ever.

And that is just the way she liked it.

Maybe it was because of this she fell.

Oh did she fall. Hard.

Any other woman would smile at the warning signs, and nod their head in sage understanding. Mara, was never one poetic, or one to go deeply searching in her heart. She took things as they came, and the things she couldn't handle she just met stubbornly with blaster and wit.

Maybe this was why she was blind.

The fluttering of her heart when he was near, she wrote them off as annoyance.

The way she hovered over him, and totally forgot every word he said, this she passed off as his famrboyish personality.

The butterflies in her stomach whenever he smiled at her, or touched her hand, she just ignored these, and watched the girls flock to his side like vultures.

She never envied them.

So she thought.

When she realized she loved him, she scoffed. She huffed, she puffed.

She even laughed.

She never, ever acted on it.

Down that path laid the route to destruction. It was safer this way to love in the shadows, where she was apt at hiding. Here she couldn't be hurt again, and the little pieces of her heart that she had just finally put back together wouldn't be again scattered to the four winds.

Still, she couldn't help the way her heart would melt whenever he was near.

She had it bad, and she didn't even realize it.

Latter, years latter, when words couldn't be taken back, and so much time was wasted by the fear of loving to much, for the fear of feeling too strongly she finally broke.

They were as good as dead, and when he asked her to marry her, if they lived, she couldn't help but smile brilliantly and accept.

At that moment, even as the flood waters rose higher and higher, and she saw her own death in the force, at that moment she was happier than she had ever remembered being.

As the force would have it, they lived.

There was no going back now.

She passed the point of no return, and has yet to look back since.

Years latter she is happy and content, and she can't even remember living a life without him. The thought is foreign and vulgar, and she has no use for it.

She would be nothing without him. She'd be broken, or maybe even dead, for her old life was not one of ease, and would now be unbearable without someone to lean on.

Still, sometimes she thinks back to little miss independent.

Miss Independent would have fell, for one tree in the middle of the storm is nothing without others to support and hold it up.

Mara smiles as she sees her husband approach.

Little Miss Independent is gone.

In her place is little Miss Mara Jade Skywalker.

2. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    this one is cute!! great job!

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Just wonderful! =D=

The way she hovered over him, and totally forgot every word he said, this she passed off as his famrboyish personality.

The butterflies in her stomach whenever he smiled at her, or touched her hand, she just ignored these, and watched the girls flock to his side like vultures.

She never envied them.

So she thought.

That's Mara all right! [face_laugh]

4. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    She didn't do normal girl things. She never went shopping with friends, she never had a mother to sit down and trade stories with. She never gossiped about boys, or spent hours fixing her hair, and painting her nails green.

Wow, what great description! I love the idea of all the normal, girly things Mara missed out on.

Any other woman would smile at the warning signs, and nod their head in sage understanding.

Consequently, she didn't recognize love when it hit her.

What a great little fic! :D

5. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Nice little viggie. Good description of how Mara went from Miss Independent to Mrs. Skywalker. :D

6. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oh, love it! =D= [face_love]

How perfect is that line? Just perfect! :D

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hey, that was great. I loved all the ... warning signs. :D :D
    You wanna know something? When I read the roof scene in TLC, I kept hoping for the butterflies. :) :)
    And when Mara saw Luke with Callista, I JUST KNEW she was chapped about him being with someone else--or was that just me? [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    Loved how just his simile was enough to get her all fluttery. [face_love] [face_love]
    Then, it's really no surprise she accepted him so readily ... she'd fallen a long time before. :) [face_dancing]

8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, shucks.[face_blush] :D

Yep, that's Mara all right.[face_laugh] ;)

That's one of the heartbreaking things about her caharacter. She missed out on so much. She never really lived before Luke.

Or perhaps that's just the romantic in me.:p

Thanks!:D I'm glad you caught that part.:p

What else would Mara feel at first?:p [face_thinking]

The warning signs. That was to make up for the lake of early LM action. They want us to read between the lines.;)

I'm glad that you liked it!:)

~MJ

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Up!

~MJ@};-

10. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    She had it bad, and she didn't even realize it.

[face_laugh]Yeah, this is what I always thought.:D

Cute story,

Cheers,

VeryBusy

11. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Nice viggie! I've thought about Mara when listening to that song, too.

She took things as they came, and the things she couldn't handle she just met stubbornly with blaster and wit.

LOVE that line! That's very much our Mara. Great job! :D

12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I think that everyone thought that at one point.LOL:p [face_thinking]

Thanks!

Thanks for telling me what you like!

Yep, that's Mara. Blaster and bluster. Heeheehee.:p

~MJ@};-

13. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Just like Mara!

14. JagsEternalFlame

JagsEternalFlame Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2006

She even laughed.

Heeheehee, that's so Mara!

15. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    there is only one icon to describe LM relationship 8-}

16. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww...that was just lovely

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Great job on this