main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga Little Moments ( March MMM challenge ) Padme, Luke and Leia -Thanks for the nom!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Pilot, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Title: Little Moments
    Author: Jade Pilot
    Timeframe: Post ROTS?AU
    Genre: Mush
    Characters: Padme, Luke and Leia
    Summary: Written for the March Monday Mush Mania?does that make this an MMMM? Write a non-romantic mush vignette.

Notes: My thanks to ginchy lee for the beta. And thanks to everyone who voted for Luke as best child, 2008. [:D]

?Tell me about the time Papa won the pod race against mean old Subula at the arena in Mos Espa.?

Padme Amidala dropped her stylus on the small area rug below her feet and looked up into the open face of her six year old son. ?Luke! You scared the wits out of me!? She glanced at her wristchrono and leaned over to retrieve the fallen item next to the sofa. ?I had no idea it was so late?how was school today? Did you get your test on early Naboo history back??

?He was my age?wasn?t he??

?Who was?? Padme flicked her datapad off and began to collect the various flimsies she had produced that were now scattered across the sofa and end table.

?Papa! He was my age when he won the pod race in Mos Espa.?

She paused taking in the clear blue eyes set above the perfectly bowed mouth. ?Well? he was a few years older. And you?ve heard that story many times.? Her dark eyebrow rose. ?I suspect by now that you could tell it better than I.?

Luke flopped onto the sofa next to her, nestling his bright blond head against her shoulder.

Leaning over, she kissed the top of his head and brushed his ever present bangs from his eyes. Luke definitely liked to cuddle. He was always the first one to run to her with a hug or a kiss. She knew he?d out grow this soon, but for now, it was nice having these little moments with her son. ?Luke, is something wron??

?Tell me about the time Papa sliced the heads off those two kouhuns that were creeping up the bed toward your throat!?

Padme chuckled, encircling her young son in both arms. ?Oh?It?s going to be one of [i]those [/i] days is it??

?Woosh-woosh!? He saved your life!?

She nodded, savoring the sight of Luke?s dimples and the cleft in his small chin. ?Yes, he did.?

?And he didn?t even break a sweat!?

?I think perhaps that is your father?s version you are recalling.?

He smiled, his head bobbing, causing his bangs to fall once again into his eyes. ?What about the time Papa flew the damaged Trade Federation cruiser and rescued Chancellor uh?Pa-Pa-Papatine.?

?PAL-patine, dear.?

Luke sprang up, lowering the timber of his voice. ?He?s no PAL of mine!? Her son fell back onto the sofa, dissolving into a fit of giggles.

She grimaced, trying not to roll her eyes. ?I see you?ve inherited your father?s sordid sense of humor.?

?That?s one of his best jokes, Momma.?

?Indeed.? She pulled him back to her, his cheek resting against her chest. ?Are you missing your father, Luke? Is that what this is all about??

He remained silent.

Padme enjoyed the steady rhythm of his breathing and the warmth of his little face against her shoulder.

?I miss him Momma.?

?I know,? she whispered, running her fingers through his soft mane. He still had a lot of his baby hair; fine and silky to the touch. It wouldn?t be long before it changed?perhaps becoming thick and wavy like Anakin?s. ?Your father has a very important job and it takes him away from us for many months at a time.?

She felt rather than heard Luke?s large sigh and hugged him tighter to her, resting her cheek against his crown. ?Because of his position in the Jedi Order, he must keep his family a secret.?

Luke sniffled. ?Yes, Momma? but I still miss him.?

Swallowing against the lump in her throat, Padme lifted her head and whispered into her son?s tiny ear. ?Perhaps we could place a HoloNet call to him after supper. Would you like that??

He pulled away, beaming up at her. ?Yes!? Luke jumped up from the sofa and began bouncing around the sitting room. ?We?re going to call Papa! We?re going to call Papa!?

Padme smiled, her eyes dancing. ?After homework.?

?We?re going to call Papa!?

?And after we?ve eaten??

?Papa! Papa!?

>

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I was smiling so much through this that my cheeks hurt! :D That was SIMPLY PERFECT!

?Tell me about the time Papa sliced the heads off those two kouhuns that were creeping up the bed toward your throat!?

Padme chuckled, encircling her young son in both arms. ?Oh?It?s going to be one of those days is it??

She nodded, savoring the sight of Luke?s dimples and the cleft in his small chin. ?Yes, he did.?

Oh yes, that is exactly what it would have been like. And Leia was just perfect! =D=

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    OK, JP.... you and Vadey can rewrite the entire OT. HUGGLES!!!!!! Preciousness!! Luke was a darling and Padme was marvelous!!! :D Thank you for this coulda/shoulda/actually was. :) [face_love] Je

4. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    [face_laugh]

Oh my, I'm laughing my head off here, I really am...

This is great! Perfect little Luke and Leia characterization, I can just see Luke being the affectionate one and following Leia's lead into crazy schemes :p I wouldn't like to be him at the end of this fic, I'll say, I think the twins are about to have a row :p I wasn't his fault, Leia, he tried! :D

5. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Oh me too!! And laughing. I still am now!! [face_laugh] I LOVED this![face_love] I could quote the whole thing back, but you probably wouldn't want me to. :p
    Luke flopped onto the sofa next to her, nestling his bright blond head against her shoulder.

Leaning over, she kissed the top of his head and brushed his ever present bangs from his eyes. Luke definitely liked to cuddle. He was always the first one to run to her with a hug or a kiss.

Awwww!! [face_love][:D][face_love]

Padme chuckled, encircling her young son in both arms. ?Oh?It?s going to be one of those days is it??

He smiled, his head bobbing, causing his bangs to fall once again into his eyes. ?What about the time Papa flew the damaged Trade Federation cruiser and rescued Chancellor uh?Pa-Pa-Papatine.?

?PAL-patine, dear.?

Luke sprang up, lowering the timber of his voice. ?He?s no PAL of mine!? Her son fell back onto the sofa, dissolving into a fit of giggles.

[face_laugh][face_laugh] LOL!

Six standard minutes later, the door opened and Leia trudged through the entrance her brows knitted together. She paused, her cheeks flushing as she looked up into Padme?s face and groaned. ?He squealed.?

?Upstairs, young lady...?

Leia?s chin dropped to her chest, as she shuffled towards her room. ?He?s just too guileless.?

??now.?

?He?d never make it in politics.?

?No HoloNet for a week.?

??and he can forget about the Jedi Order all together.?

[face_laugh][face_laugh] Oh, and I'm still grinning from ear to ear. This was just so perfect! Thanks for this fabulous story!![:D]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

6. cdmcc

cdmcc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    Magnifique!

Thought you weren't writing anything[face_not_talking]

Brilliant and funny

=D=

EDIT for appalling grammar.

7. RX_Sith

RX_Sith C&G Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Mar 13, 2006
    [face_laugh] Amazingly funny story. Luke tormenting Padme to keep her distracted from asking about Leia was priceless.

8. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I love that Luke was trying to keep Padme distracted until Leia got back from detention. [face_laugh] I could definitely see Leia getting detention many a times. :p

And the twins were so close to pulling a fast one on Padme. [face_laugh] Good thing she's observent. :p

Great job! :D

9. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    aww, that was so sweet!

10. divapilot

divapilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Adorable! I can picture that perfectly. And so in character for Luke to cover for Leia. But he's just so endearing he gets away with it, and he knows it.

=D=

11. Dana-Skywalker

Dana-Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2007
    ?PAL-patine, dear.?

She grimaced, trying not to roll her eyes. ?I see you?ve inherited your father?s sordid sense of humor.?

That was great, Master JP! [face_dancing] Luke was absolutely adorable in this. A great glimpse of what life might've been like if Anakin hadn't turned. Wonderful job! [:D]

12. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved it and it should have been like this Padme and kids together.

13. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Awwwwwwwww! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

SO CUTE, JP! [face_love]

14. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Very cute. I loved that Luke was trying to get his mom to not pay attention to where Leia was. Adorable!

15. Teresa

Teresa Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 9, 2007
    Yep, I can see why there'd be quite a difference between Anakin's version of his escapades and Padme's.... I'll bet Anakin's hoping that the twins never hear Obi-Wan's take on Anakin's days as a padawan! But then, turnabout is fair play after all. It was also cute how Luke and Leia tried to slip something past Padme! This was a great vignette! My thanks to you for it! =D= :D

16. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was wonderful!

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I just loved Luke and Leia's enthusiasm over calling Anakin.

?Tell me about the time Papa discovered that Palpatine was a scheming, no-good-dirty-rotten sith.?

At least Anakin used the child friendly way to describe Palpy. :p

Great response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

17. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
  18. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Absolutely adorable. =D=

Luke and Leia were precious.

19. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007

Why does it not surprise me that one of Skywalker's "best" jokes is a terrible pun? [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Really loved this little snippet, would totally adore for you to do an entire AU.....hint hint. This is just too sweet! And figures that Luke was the one designed to keep Padme busy :p Devilish little Skywalker twins :D

Excellent job!

20. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    I'd say our first non-romantic mush challenge was a success. Thanks to all the wonderful readers we had! [:D]

[b]VaderLVR:[/b] [i]"I was smiling so much through this that my cheeks hurt! That was SIMPLY PERFECT!" [/i]

Awwwwwwwww...thank you so much! I love your comment and appreciate it! :)

[b]Jade Eyes:[/b] HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA! I don't know about re-writing the entire OT...but it sure is fun doing these AU's. Thanks so much.

[b]Shrunkin Jedi:[/b] Why thank you! I do enjoy making people laugh.

[b]dancing_star:[/b] [i]"I LOVED this!" [/i]

Thank you! It's my first Padme piece, so I was hoping to characterize her well. Luke and Leia are the scamps, though! ;)

[b]cdmcc:[/b] Merci! I hadn't been working on it much, but forgot to sound the alarm.

[b]RX sith:[/b] [i]"Amazingly funny story. Luke tormenting Padme to keep her distracted from asking about Leia was priceless."[/i]

Thank you! I only wonder how Leia will pay Luke back for his failure!

[b]Jaina and Jag:[/b] Thank you! The idea of Luke and Leia growing up together is too hard to pass up. :)

[b]JediMasterJessica:[/b] Thanks so much for reading!

[b]divapilot:[/b] Thank you, Sister-pilot! [face_hugs] I'm fighting a major bite from a bunny to continue the adventures of Luke and Leia.

[b]Dana-Skywalker: [/b] Thank you sweetie! [face_hugs] Little farmboy is just as adorable as grown up farmboy, huh? [face_mischief]

[b]earlybird-obi-wan:[/b] [i]"Loved it and it should have been like this Padme and kids together." [/i]

I agree. *sigh* I guess we'll just have to be satisfied with writing AU's. Thank you for reading.

[b]Idrelle Miocovani: [/b] Thank you!! I appreciate you reading. :)

[b]Teresa:[/b] Thank you, Teresa for your kind words. I really appreciate them.

[b]Kelia:[/b] [i]"That was wonderful!"[/i]

[face_blush] Thank you so much! It was a lot of fun to write.

[b]Golden Jedi:[/b] Thanks, Goldie! [face_grin]

[b]JediMaster Jen:[/b] [i]"Absolutely adorable."[/i]

Hee! Thanks! I appreciate you reading.

[b]Jinnerbread:[/b] [i]"Why does it not surprise me that one of Skywalker's "best" jokes is a terrible pun?"[/i] [face_laugh]

Really! Well...I'll admit, I love puns myself. Thanks so much for reading!

>

21. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    can we declare this canon and ROTS 99% AU?

Excellent work.

22. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Little Luke is so cute when trying to provide a distraction.

Well done. :)

23. little_miss_jedi

little_miss_jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2005
    Awwwwww! Luke is adorable and Padme is perfect!

Love Leia too. Exactly like how I picture her as a child.

Leia?s chin dropped to her chest, as she shuffled towards her room. ?He?s just too guileless.?

??now.?

?He?d never make it in politics.?

?No HoloNet for a week.?

??and he can forget about the Jedi Order all together.?

Brilliant! :)

24. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Lady, you know I love this! Though I have issues with Padme sometimes, I still really love stories where she is with her babies. Your Luke is adorable! I love how he tries so hard to be sly, but just can't quite do it. LOL! Wonderful, wonderful work!! [:D]

25. Leia_Ka

Leia_Ka Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2008

?PAL-patine, dear.?

[face_laugh] Luke, I don't think anyone would want to be his pal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.