main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Live From New York, It's Saturday Night!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valkor, Oct 2, 2005.

1. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I also had DVR issues and had to watch it online. Do you have Time Warner Cable?

Between watching an entire episode of TV online for the first time ever and SNL's weird all-girls-from-10-years-ago reunion, I had a serious "being pulled apart by time" vibe for the first 10 minutes or so.

In any event, it was a good episode. I guess no one should be surprised that Betty White did such a good job; she's been doing comedy longer than just about everyone else on the planet. Her remark about doing live TV in the 50's just because they didn't know how to tape it was pure gold.

It sucks though that I had to miss the digital short because it "wasn't cleared for online streaming." Also, Jay-Z was cut out, but I'm not too upset about that.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't have Time Warner- I just had a scheduling issue pop up when a random rerun of The Boondocks showed up at 11:30, and since my Adult Swim stuff is ranked higher on my Season Pass Manager than SNL, it recorded it instead (normally this has never been a problem since they usually air on different days).

3. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
    Saturday, September 25th

11:29-1AM | NBC | SEASON PREMIERE

Saturday Night Live

"Parks and Rec head honcho Amy Poehler hosts tonight's season premiere. Weekend Update reunion!"

4. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    11:30-1AM | NBC
    Saturday Night Live

"Bryan Cranston hosts. Dear SNL writers, get to work on that Malcolm in the Middle-meets-meth dealing sketch stat."

5. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
  6. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
  7. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001

The Women of SNL

"A showcase of women featured on ``Saturday Night Live'' in its 35-year history includes former cast members Rachel Dratch, Nora Dunn, Tina Fey, Ana Gasteyer, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Laraine Newman and Cheri Oteri."

9:00 - 11:00 PM NBC

8. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
  9. darthdrago

darthdrago Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2003
    Gotta say, I loved the Seth Myers/Weekend Update dismantling of Sarah Palin & "refudiate".

10. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Hathaway is one of the few young, female actresses working today that has a real affinity for comedy.

11. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
  12. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Few quick comments:
    1. Jay Pharoah should be playing Obama. The guy has been a break-out star with his impersonations of Denzel Washington, Will Smith, Kanye West, Jay-Z, etc. A quick youtube search or a few minutes with the guy should show Lorne Michaels that his impersonation is way better than Fred Armisen (who isn't even black in the first place and has never truly been able to capture Obama.)

2. I was hoping Amy Pohler would play Hillary again in the WikiLeak skit--I mean Parks and Recreation doesn't start up until mid-season--she should have some time on her hands. With the exception of Pharoah, I'm not crazy about the new cast members.

3. Keenan's What's Up with That is hilarious.

13. MandalorianDuchess

MandalorianDuchess Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 16, 2010
    I don't think Armisen is a particularly bad Obama, but I wouldn't mind watching Jay take a crack at it. However, from what I can remember once a cast member has started doing a particular president, I think they usually let them stick with it until the performer leaves the cast. Didn't Darrell Hammond perform Clinton most of the way through? I can't remember offhand.

I've mixed feelings about "What's Up with That?" because I think it is meant to be intentionally annoying, however I appreciated Robin Williams' cameo. I also liked Ben Stiller showing up for the Fockers skit.

14. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    It was painful. SNL is in a lot of trouble.

15. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Armisen may be a senior cast member but this isn't strictly seniority--it's who can best play Obama. Pharoah's impersonation is way better.
    Clinton was played by Phil Hartman then Darrell Hammond.
    George W. was played by a number of people--Will Ferrell tended to overshadow the others but there was a constant shuffle.

16. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Saturday Night Live

Host Russell Brand; Chris Brown performs.

* NEW

11:29 - 1:02 AM NBC

17. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Hey, what a coincidence! An ass and an assh*le! On the same show!

18. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I'm DVRing it, just dropped by to say I loved the Carvey episode. I laughed pretty much from beginning to end, which has become extremely rare for SNL the last few years.

My standards have been lowered so significantly I've found myself considering a show that provided any laughs to be a "good show", as I have serious faced my way through entire episodes lately.

19. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Also loved the Dana Carvey episode. And Jim Carrey's was great as well.

20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Yes, I enjoyed Carrey's as well.

I thought the Black Swan sketch was very funny and the homeless band "I got a question for you" was pretty funny, especially when Kristen Wiig started to lose it.

21. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Saturday Night Live(First Aired: December 11, 2010)

Host Paul Rudd; Paul McCartney performs.
    11:29 - 1:03 AM NBC

22. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    It was Miley Cyrus last Saturday, but I didn't catch it.

23. MandalorianDuchess

Feb 16, 2010
    I'm no Miley fan, but it was kinda fun to see her doing an impersonation of Justin Bieber. (And in the same sketch where the SNL regular does her impersonation of Miley... though those sketches aren't usually very good, imho).

24. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    We don't get SNL down under, but I saw a quick article that apparently Cyrus did a skit on Lindsay Lohan and the latter was not impressed

25. MandalorianDuchess

Feb 16, 2010
    There isn't any website where you can watch those skits? :(