main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Live From New York, It's Saturday Night!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valkor, Oct 2, 2005.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't think they could top that based on that premise. The "a topic, quite frankly, I'm suddenly surprised to hear people start caring about", the uncontrolled laughter leading up to "yeah, Sarah, if I could change one thing, I probably should have wanted it more", the "and I can see Russia from my house" and the gun-mag posing were spot-on and hilarious, and the "grow a pair or I will lend you mine" closer sums up a lot of people's frustations about how easy the media are going on Palin and is pretty note-perfect, i think.

2. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004
    I agree. Terrific writing, great performances. That's one of the few first class pieces of work they've had on in the last few years. And I liked all the examples you mentioned.

3. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    I'm not normally a fan at all of SNL, but Clinton/Palin was brilliant.

"Noooooo! MINE!"

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Last night's episode was surprisingly good- didn't have a bad sketch till about an hour in (with the strippers).

It also had the second Palin skit, which was better than the last one (mainly because this one was more about Palin whereas Hilary got most of the good lines in the last one)- though it's also based on unfortunate reality a bit oo much. Whoops, sprry, wrong link- here's the real one.

5. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    Funniest sketch I've seen in a LONG time. Tina Fey was spot on as Palin.

6. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Fey's turn as Palin takes impression to whole new level; specifically, a level that has you actually wondering, as you watch, if maybe this isn't a joke and that's really Palin because, my GOD, it could be!

7. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
  8. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I can't wait for the Palin/Biden debate sketch. Hammond as Biden should be hilarious.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  10. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    9:30-10PM
    NBC, TV-14

Saturday Night Live Weekend Update Thursday

"Will watching Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers crack up while reading their lines be as fun before midnight?"

11. path-seeker

path-seeker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2008
    Amy and Seth are funny enough, but I really miss the days of Tina Fey and Jimmy Fallon.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Tina/Amy was my favorite of the modern pairings, though I prefer Seth to Jimmy as he sells the meaner lines much better.

Norm's still my favorite though :)

13. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    The opening debate sketch was great, it hit on all the points I wanted it to hit on from the actual debate. My favorite part was probably McCain roaming around aimlessly while Obama answered a question. Awesome!

Oh, and Bill Murray was a nice surprise as well.

14. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    For me, the two best skits of the last few seasons (the Palin stuff aside), are the "I Drink Your Milkshake" skit (which I can't find on YouTube or Hulu.com :() and the "Mark Wahlberg talks to animals" skit. Both are gold based solely on the performances.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    A lot of SNL stuff has been patrolled for on youtube, especially stuff like Lazy Sunday and the like, ever since NBC put up their SNl video section. I'd look there- coulda sworn I saw I Drink Your Milkshake up there.

16. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    11:30PM-1AM
    NBC

Saturday Night Live

"Host: W.â??s Josh Brolin
    Musical Guest: Adele
    Confirmed bonus appearance: Veep candidate Sarah Palin(!)
    Someone else who'd better be there or we'll be upset: Tina Fey."

17. The_Smirking_Revenge

The_Smirking_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 2, 2008
    I can't even remember the last time SNL was actually funny, by SNL standards....Mike Myers was still on it though. Tina Fey is awesome, but this whole Sarah Palin thing is so pathetic, I can only laugh at how shameful it is. Well at least Palin get's that she's nothing more than a cheap joke.

-T_S_R

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, this will leave only Joe Biden left to appear on SNl and they'll have booked all four big ticket candidates (plus Hilary) within 1 year.

19. gonzoforce

gonzoforce Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 27, 2002
    not gonna watch it, I've lost all respect for McCain and Palin during this election, just not interested in Palin at all.

I probably haven't watched a full episode of SNL since maybe the begining of the Will Ferrel days. I used to watch it all the time during the Meyers, carvey, Hartman, Spade, Farley etc years.

20. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    If my roommate wasn't watching a movie, I'd so turn it on [face_plain] I just want to see what they'd have her do.

21. JediPrettyBoy

JediPrettyBoy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    Alec Baldwin comes up to Palin watching Tina Fey playing her, but he doesn't realize that he is talking to the real Palin. He thinks he is talking to Tina Fey and keeps wanting to know how she can go out there and play that "horrible woman". Then, she gets introduced to him as the real Palin. It was kind of funny; especially, when he finds out that she's the real Palin and says, "May I just say that you are even hotter in person?".

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    She later shows up during Weekend Update, claiming she won't do the bit they rehearsed as it may have crossed the line, so Seth asks Amy if she can do it instead, Amy timidly says she thinks she remembers it, and then goes into an extended hardcore rap song about Palin, complete with backup dancers dressed as Eskimos, her husband and a guy ina moose suit that is shot dead.

23. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

Well at least Palin get's that she's nothing more than a cheap joke.

And she runs nothing more than the largest state in U.S. (larger than Texas) which is - by the way - six times the size of Great Britain. I'd say she's done alright for herself, considering her political career began in the P.T.A. Even if I don't agree with her on everything, I can respect her achievements. Since most Americans can't even manage their credit cards or a mortgage, I'd say she's already made her mark in life, even though she's probably not going to become become V.P.

People can take cheap shots at her all they want, but out of 300 million people, only 50 run a state, and she runs the biggest one. I think that's impressive.

24. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Land mass wise, yes. Population wise, no. Plus, she's a) very new and b) there have been issues (re: firing of the guy who wouldn't fire her ex-brother-in-law).

It sounds funny; I'm sad I missed it.

25. path-seeker

path-seeker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2008
    The opening was funny enough, though I was hoping Tina Fey and Palin would actually talk to each other. Palin didn't say much at all, but I was happy she got to close out the opening sketch and weekend update.