main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Live What You Learn-AU Obi-Wan/Anakin/OC Complete 8/9!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Shoulders slumping, Anakin?s bottom lip began to tremble as he stared down at his forgotten menu morosely. "It should be you I form a bond with, not some dumb old knight!"

Uttering a soft sigh underneath his breath, Obi-Wan reached across the table and using his fingertips, urged the tiny face up to meet his gaze.

"You and I will still be important to one another. We will be like brothers, and you can come to me whenever you need to," he assured the boy gently.

"Promise?" Anakin breathed in a voice thick with unshed tears.

"On my honor as a Jedi," Obi-Wan vowed, fingers lightly tickling the small chin.

AWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OBI IS SO SWEET TO ANI!!!!!

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Good job on the explainations. However, Anakin will probably tumble onto the fact that he was right - Ani could have waited a couple of years until Obi-Wan was seasoned enough to take him on. Hope they pick a good Knight but when did the Council ever do anything that made sense??

3. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I love the interaction between Obi-Wan and Anakin. It looks like Obi-Wan would be a wonderful master and I am with Anakin, I think the Council should give Obi-Wan a couple of years to get his feet wet as a Knight and then let him become Anakin's master. Oh well, we will just have to wait and see what you have in store for these two. :)

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I like the idea of Obi-Wan as a big bro. He seems to handle the part very well :)

5. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Obiwan as big bro to anakin is darling [face_love]

But we also know anakin's new master is going to be a jerk and keep them away from each other or at least try to :mad:

6. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    Once again, I love the interaction between Anakin and Obi-Wan. It's great to see them forming a bond that nobody, no matter how mean, is going to split up. Right?

7. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl I'm so glad you enjoyed this post! It's fun to develop a relationship between these two that doesn't always have them at odds. :)

dp I thought about you as I wrote this! ;)

diane The Council may believe they are doing what is best. :(

Sheila Me? I have no control over what happens to these two! :p

PK He does fill the role nicely, doesn't he? [face_love]

JTJG What makes you think that? [face_devil]

karebear214 Hum. I will have to plead the 5th on that question. :D

8. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Sitting back in the booth, Obi-Wan continued to study him with an unguarded look of affection in his eyes. Watching from across the room, Dex smiled mistily as he wondered what Qui-Gon would think of the man his apprentice was quickly becoming in his absence.

I think Qui would be proud of the person Obi has become. And the way he has taken to Anakin, and the fact that he is looking out for him.

Loved the interaction between these two. I always thought they had more of a brotherly relationship than that of father/son.

~Bek

9. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    <<His interest in food forgotten, Anakin gazed up at him with a look of bafflement. "Then why can?t I wait until you are ready?"

Shaken by the unexpected question, Obi-Wan could only stare at him speechlessly. Sensing that he had struck a nerve, the boy leaned forward with an eager expression on his face as he hurried to explain.

"I?m only ten, why can?t they let you go off and do whatever it is they feel you need to do, while I stay at the Temple and study? That way when you finally get done and come back I will be ready to be your apprentice.">>

:D

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I think Anakin might have put ideas in Obi-Wan's head with that little comment!!

I love this relationship you're building between Obi-Wan and Anakin, it's wonderful... :)

Great job, hun, keep it up! :)

10. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    I'm loving the interaction here between Obi and Ani. That little fleeting feeling of jealousy was perfect - completely understandable and human.

I can't wait to see how things progress here. Loved the part with Dex as well. Great job so far!

--Shan

11. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Nicely done! I liked how you described Anakin getting use to boots and concrete. I never thought about that. The explanations Obi-Wan gave Anakin were well done also. Wish I could say more, but time as always, is short.

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

12. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Bekah I've always thought they had a more brotherly type relationship also. Close as they were age wise I could see some rivalry, maybe even spilling over from their first meetings.

astro Poor Anakin is trying everything he can to get Obi-Wan as his master. :(

Shan I love when he shows those little flashes of all too human frailty. :)

DL I imagine that Anakin was bombarded with things that left him floundering at first. ;)

13. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Say OE, just how manny Sith or quasi Sith are running around in this fic of yours?
    I mean, Master S.-D. isn't his brothers apprentice for sure.But the younger Knight,Obi doesn't like,(I forgot his name,sorry) called him (Plapatine?)Master.
    But even he is more or less tempel bound. When is there time to train him as Sith? He more seems to be an other corrupted servant to the Sith Master. So who is is real apprentice? Still Maul?

Anyway, there a whole lot of Dark Siders by now and where does the Count stand? How infiltrated are the Jedi by their fiend?

Found this on page four,btw.

[face_love] Vadey

14. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Vadey There is only one Sith and he is indeed Temple based. ;) :eek:

CHAPTER SEVEN

The Jedi Temple was equipped with three seperate but connected training salles that took up an entire floor of the massive building. The largest was of course reserved for the knights and masters, the second for padawans and their mentors. The smallest but no less impressive housed the young initiates and their teachers. Brightly lit and always echoing with the sound of childish voices and laughter, it provided a challenge for the young boy who tried to meditate nearby.

Kneeling on a mat with his eyes closed in a secluded section of the training salle the initiates used, Anakin continued to struggle to understand what it was he was supposed to be doing. Meditate the little gnome had ordered him before shutting his own eyes.

Sighing loudly, he cracked open on eye, only to find a slanted gaze staring directly at him. Snapping the eye shut once again, a red stain rising along his cheekbones, he settled his face into smooth lines.

?Trouble you have quieting your mind,? Master Yoda gently chided him, the pointed end of a gimmer stick tapping his arm.

Abandoning his act, the boy rubbed his arm as he shrugged helplessly. ?I don?t understand what you want me to do.?

As he anxiously waited for a response from the Jedi, he wondered what his punishment would be for failing. This was the worst part of finding himself in new surroundings, not knowing how his new owner would react when he did wrong. Almost as if reading his mind, the wizened Jedi spoke gently.

"Your home this is now young one. Your teacher I am, not your owner."

Resting both hands on top of the gnarled stick, the Jedi Master studied the youthful face before him carefully. The boy was incredibly strong in the Force, of that there was no doubt. What was so troubling about Anakin was the cloud that seemed to hang over him, obscuring any look into what his future held.

The hard life he?d led on Tatooine as a slave had done much to foster feelings of anger and restlessness, two emotions that could blossom into darker feelings if not controlled. If he had been raised in the Temple as the majority of initiates were, he would have been taught early on to respect those darker emotions and release them to the Force. Master Yoda had grave doubts as to whether or not the boy could learn these important lessons at this late stage in his life.

?Closest to the Force you will be when at peace your mind is. Learn to empty your mind so that fill it, the power of the Force can,? he explained, pointed ears lifting straight up.

As he opened his mouth to question the wizened Jedi further, Anakin?s attention was suddenly captured by the figure that stood on the edge of the mat observing them. Blue eyes widened, his gaze traveling from a well worn pair of black boots, over a tall heavily muscled body dressed in dark Jedi tunics, to a darkly handsome face that was marred by a wicked looking scar and framed by long dark hair.

A pair of dark eyes met and held his, the corner of the man?s mouth lifting into a welcoming smile. Hesitantly returning it, Anakin became aware of Master Yoda?s intent stare as it moved slowly between them. Focusing on the new arrival, the Jedi Master gestured him forward with a clawed hand,

?Waiting for you we were,? he gently admonished the towering figure.

Moving forward, the man sent Anakin a wink before offering the Jedi Master a deep bow.

?Forgive me Master. I had to spend some time with one of my students after class,? the man responded in a deep rumbling voice.

Tipping his head briefly in understanding, Master Yoda gestured toward his wide eyed companion.

?Jedi Knight Eitan Delano, meet Anakin Skywalker.?

After offering him a bow, the knight raised an expectant eyebrow, the grin once again tugging at the edges of his mouth. Clearly baffled by what was expected of him, Anakin shot to his feet and hurried forward with his hand outstretched in greeting. Hesitating a moment, the man eventua

15. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    All right, the guy was nice, but I still don't trust him. He makes me nervous - the wolf in sheep's clothing, you know? I'm hoping you'll prove me wrong, OE. :D Great job - I like how you had Anakin worrying how he would be punished, and how Yoda tried to reassure him. How hard would it be to eliminate those feelings from Anakin's mind (if, indeed, it was even possible)? Tough question.

Can't wait for more!

Shaindl

16. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    I'm not sure what to think about him. Yoda doesn't seem to have any qualms about him, but then again, maybe the guy just hides it well.

Obi-Wan isn't going to like this. Xan's best friend, of long ago, training Anakin.

Another thought. I hope Garen isn't in on anything that has to do with the sith.

I'll just have to wait and see. :)

~Bek

17. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Oh boy! Wuts Obi gonna do?

18. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    If you hadn't set it up previously, I'd say he'd make a great master for Anakin - same interests and he had a sense of humor plus some experience in teaching.

I'll just have to see where you go with this!!!

19. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Delano seems so friendly and nice, there has to be a catch! ;)

20. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    "Your home this is now young one. Your teacher I am, not your owner." :_| Fantastic line!

And yet the muppet still has no brain when it comes to Delano. Well, it's not easy being green :p Delano did capture Anakin's attention, though, which is going to make it easier for the master-padawan bond to form. Obi-Wan's not going to like that!

21. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    That comment that the sith is in the temple? Are you trying to make me more paranoid than usual?

22. Captain_Observant

Captain_Observant Jedi Master star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    Don't do it Ani. He's evil! Got that? EVIL!!!!

What is it with you and bringing out my paranoid side?
    (but at least I'm not the only one!!!)

~The Captain

23. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    DUMMM DUMMMMMMM DUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

24. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Lovely, obi-ew! :)

I like how you seem to have built an instant cameraderie between Eitan and Anakin, that should bode well if they become master and padawan...

I also like how Anakin can't immediately get out of the mindset of being a slave...having been one his whole life it would only make sense...good call!!

Keep it up, girl! :)

25. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Okay, I don't like the fact that you are making me like Eitan. You're doing such a good job that I just can't trust him. I like him - so far, but ya know - you are just too crafty for me :) The mere fact that Obi has reservations about him is enough to set me (and most everyone else apparently) on edge :D

BTW, totally unrelated, but I love the name Eitan. Where/how did you come up with it? Sorry if you've already said. I don't always read all the posts. It's totally original without being too wierd.

Great job, can't wait for more.

--Shan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.