main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Livin' La Vita Loca: The PlayStation 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Obi-Wan21, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I think I remember you telling me about that when you worked at GameStop. I also sold my copy back when I wasn't aware that it was hard to find. Which reminds me that I really miss my SNES copy of Final Fantasy III. :oops:

2. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    It's nice to see a familiar face! I totally remember when your username was in all caps, haha.

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Pretty sure there's no substantial difference between the PS3/PS4 versions of the former, but The Nathan Drake Collection is about as close to "objectively superior" as a remaster can get relative to the PS3 versions.

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    If you have the PS3 FFX remaster, don't get rid of it if you get the PS4 one until you've transferred over your save data!

5. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I am now suspecting Sony have been stupid / arrogant enough to place the PS2 games behind a PS subscription wall.

That and deciding that $15 = £12! Like hell it does.

6. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I don't have PS+ so I can explicitly deconfirm that.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  7. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Thanks, that renders it a Sony UK / EU screw-up / failure to bother to update then!

Much appreciated.

EDIT: What's really weird is it shows up on PSN on internet but not in PSN PS4. Odd.

8. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002

No real worries there...I've literally played up until Luca and the first blitzball fight. :p

9. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    So what upcoming PS4 exclusive are you most excited for? Uncharted 4? Horizon: Zero Dawn? Persona 5? Wrong, it's Everybody's Golf 7, AKA Hotshots Golf: Some Dumb Subtitle.

Open world golf courses. Drivable golf carts. Online tournaments. The future is here. The golf future. I like golf games, is what I'm driving at.

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, I loathed that blitzball game....

11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Ah, that PS2 set are now visible in PS4 PSN - I'm sure they weren't yesterday!

12. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Playstation Meeting happening right now and they've shockingly announced the PS4 Slim. :p

13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I can't believe Laura Dale's 3D printing tricked Sony into thinking the PS4 slim was real.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  14. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Not to mention the shocking news about the iPad Pro, er, Playstation 4 Pro (got my conferences mixed up for a moment [face_whistling] ). So $400 on November 10. Huh, for some reason I expected it to be much later than that, like in 2017.

Nice bit of Mass Effect Andromeda gameplay too. I doubt I'll upgrade though, I'm quite happy with my regular PS4.

15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Well I totally nailed the "Neo is basically just a 4K compatible PS4" thing, so... yay me?

Oh, except I guess I would've supposed that entailed UHD Blu-ray support and I would've been reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaal ****ing wrong.

16. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    It isn't? Well, that's ridiculous.

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Might buy the slim version of the PS4

18. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    It looks sleeker, in my opinion. The Xbox One S looks very nice too. I also much preferred the redesigns of last generation.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Have many people downloaded the new Firmware 4.0 update for the PS4? I did it yesterday, and really appreciate the improvements; especially the ability to organize the UI interface into folders. It always gets so cluttered with games and other apps. Now I have about five folders: one for Adventure games (i.e. Battlefront, Life is Strange, Disney Infinity), one for Sports, one for Final Fantasy games, one for Fighting games, and one for Miscellaneous apps (i.e. Capture Gallery, Playroom, library). Very convenient.

20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh? I downloaded it, installed, but haven't explored it - thanks for the tip-off.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  21. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    The ability to control Spotify with your phone is pretty great.

22. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm testing a folder setup where my physical games are in one folder, my digital games are in another, and the media stuff I don't use (IE everything that isn't streaming video and Spotify) is in a quarantine folder. My menu is extremely clean, for now it feels good.

Ahsoka's Tano and Jedi Ben like this.
  23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Funny, did that same set-up, near enough, earlier!

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'd imagine most people are using the create-a-folder feature specifically so they could bunch up the miscellaneous apps (that they can't otherwise get rid of) into their own folder.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  25. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    For those still on PS3, this month is a good month to be a PS+ subscriber. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands is a throwback to the Sands of Time trilogy in terms of gameplay and returns to that universe. The story also follows the same beats and themes as the first game in that trilogy, and is set in between the first and second games. I had a very fun time playing it, and regard it as a much closer spiritual successor to The Sands of Time than the sequels we actually got at the time. Datura is a strange small downloadable title that is not well enough made for me to recommend a purchase, but is interesting enough that it's worth exploring as a free download. Finally, Journey is free for both PS3 and PS4 this month.