main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Living with Legends: A Dear Diary '07 Entry, AotC Era ~ Gasp! An Update 5/3!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DancesWithBlasters, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Good luck with your school work Dances. I myself am entering the work-crazy period of my degree, and am getting a lot of work headed my way, but when you're ready, don't hesitate to send me your updates :D I've always got time to beta for ya.

2. DancesWithBlasters

DancesWithBlasters Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 22, 2006
    That's right, I'm back! Happy Valentine's Day!

Laine ~ Yup, she found a reason! And spunky is a very good way to describe Sara.

Starrie ~ Yeah, I wanted to show how diverse her friends were, how they all sort of thought. Not that any of them are mean, just amused by over eager people. And Gio is a puppy, but he is also a teenage boy. See below, although you do already know. And Sara's brother is close to my hear. I don't even have a name for him, but hold on! Sorry, just had to switch computers. Anyway, even though she doesn't know him, Sara cares about him.

slow_dawn ~ Thanks, I always feel like she should say something worthwhile, and that's what I do. And Sara is clearly having some issues finding herself. Everyone has that. She's trying to find her balace, grow up and still be Jedi.

Oh, Angel! You're doing the best you can! That's all you can do, remember that. You're a wonderful, warm and beautiful person who I couldn't do without. [:D] But I'm glad it's realistic.

Spike ~ Thanks! You're the best. I hope you recover from DRL or whatever took you away from teh boards. By the way, this was beta-ed by Starrie, because it was late, not because I don't think you're still the greatest!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Diary,

Well, you know what I said about Gio being a nice, wonderful person? Well, scratch that. In some part of my mind I realize he's not actually a bad person. It's just that, I mean, what could he possibly have been thinking? Everyone knows Jedi don't get attached to people, so why did he do it? How could he have thought I was interested in that? Why in the galaxy would he have kissed me? Why?

Force, it was horrible, and I don't know who I can possibly tell, but I need to vent. My master, as wonderful a person and teacher as he is, is not an option. I imagine the conversation would go something like this:

Me: So, guess what Gio did?

Master Coda: (Asking even though he could look through the bond) What?

Me: Well, he kissed me.

Master Coda, after blinking several times: Wait, what?

Me: Yup, right on the lips.

Master Coda, in an shocked voice: So, what did you do?

Me: Oh, you know, hit him. Self-defense mechanism stuff, like you taught me. And I was mad.

My master blinks again. Then: Do you maybe want to let go of that anger? Um, meditate on what happened, maybe?

Me: Not really, no.

Master Coda, now looking troubled, perhaps as if he might like to hit Gio, too: Well, um, okay. Maybe you want to talk to Mel or Livana when we get back to the Temple?

Me: Not really.

Master Coda: Okay, then.

Me: Okay.

So, yeah, that's pretty much out of the question. The two of us have a very open relationship, but there are some things he just doesn't do. Girl stuff is one of them.

Anyway, if I wanted to, I could probably blame this all on him. The negotiations were dragging on for longer than we expected, and since I'm only a teenager, more than five years from the legal adult age here, any time I contributed something, everyone gave me a nasty look, or ignored it. So my Master said I might as well go to lessons with other government diplomat's children, Gio included. Then I came up with the brilliant idea to have them extend the invitation to the Rebel children who were in the Palace, too. I mean what better way to say the Grangan government was concerned about the future and willing to compromise? (I totally have this whole diplomacy thing down.) So they did that, and they came along, and I got stuck with Gio day after day.

So of course, I was friendly, but never that kind of friendly! Someone should have warned me he was thinking that way! What would I possibly know about that? Well, apart from the scientific part. I grew up in the Jedi Temple where all the children come from outside, and people, if they aren't celibate, never talk about their, ahem, relationships. Romance, love, that's all banned. To others that might sound horrible, but to me, it just is.

My friends and I don't talk about cute boys and kisses. (Well, okay, so sometimes

3. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Oh, Dances, you've done it again!

My friends and I don't talk about cute boys and kisses. (Well, okay, so sometimes Lena and I talk about Knight Kenobi. But hello? Have you ever seen him? Coli thinks it's a little weird. But that's just because she's Mon Calamari, not human.) That isn't who we are. We talk about what we want our lightsabers to look like, when we finally make our own. We wonder what our Trials will be like. We dream about making a difference, and of becoming Council Member someday. We whisper about how we'd like to make Master Yoda and Master Windu proud. I think the closest to normal we get is when we talk about holofilms and stars. But I don't think it's normal to say how bad their martial arts are. I'm not sure though. Maybe some people do that. I sort of doubt it.

I love this passage! (Especially the part about Knight Kenobi! He is cute!) I so understand them having an entirely different point of view. Sounds like me--but not to such an extreme. :)
    I'm glad she punched him!

I know you haven't sent me the PM yet, but you will, and I appreciate it.

Can't wait for the next one.

4. DancesWithBlasters

Jan 22, 2006
    *huggles Laine* Aww, thank you! That had to be the best review you've ever given me! Not that I didn't love all your other ones, but that blew them all away! Anyway, that passage was born from my realization that teenage Jedi girls weren't going to talk about the normal things teen girls do. So, I was all like, what would they talk about? I was going for something different, and I'm glad I got the effect I'm a little that way myself, but not to that exterme, like you said. But Knight Kenobi is cute, isn't he? ;)

5. Star-Foozle

Star-Foozle Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 24, 2006
    Eeeeeee, it's posted! [face_dancing]

I absolutely loved this, you know. The little Sara/Coda dialogue was hilarious! You gotta love the girl stuff, though. :p Haha It's interesting to see things from a different point of view, like Laine said. Very cute! :D

By the way, if you ever need a beta again, I'm more than happy to help. Great work!

=D=

6. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    I loved this Dances. Not that I've ever been a teenage girl before, but I have been a teenage boy, desperately trying to fathom the mind of a girl I've liked, and now, years later I've got the insight ;)

Now, if I could just develop time travel and inform my past self of the workings of the mind of a teenage girl I'd save myself a lot of trouble :p

Anyway, as I said over PM, I couldn't get online because I thought my laptop was broken, but it turned out it was just dust clogging up the charger. Had to get that one explained to me by a woman too :p What would I do without you? :p [:D]

Hope you had a nice Valentine's BTW ;)

7. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    I think that every Master would react like that if their padawan told them something like that, unless of course it have happened to them.

My friends and I don't talk about cute boys and kisses. (Well, okay, so sometimes Lena and I talk about Knight Kenobi. But hello? Have you ever seen him? Coli thinks it's a little weird. But that's just because she's Mon Calamari, not human.)

*chuckles* They?re right about that, although, I?m more of an Anakin type of girl the Obi-Wan, but I wouldn?t mind him.

I'm not sure, but I'm fairly sure this isn't the way most girls dream about getting their first kiss. It was kind of awful and incredibly awkward after I gave him that bloody nose.

I know that, I accidentally slammed a door in his face.

This update was fantastic, and she might not think so but after reading these, I think that she sounds like most other girls, maybe not the Jedi part but the rest.

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

8. DancesWithBlasters

Jan 22, 2006
    Yes, I'm back, and on time for once!!!! It's a miracle of utterly impossible proportions! Anyway, I hop you like this entry. Unfortunately, there's not too much going on in this post, but things will pick up pretty soon. Over the next couple of posts, you'll start seeing hints at familiar events from AoTC, and then . . . Well, you'll just have to wait and see!

Okay, Author Reply time!!

Starrie ~ Yeah, I love Coda, too!! He's adorable! [face_love] But I'm sure he got used to some disturbing things happening over the years with Sara. The girl doesn't do things the easy way! And I'm glad you liked the new point of view from the Jedi. I had to think about it for a while, what they might normally talk about, in place of what we do.

Spike ~ I'm sorry, but that story about your laptop is hilarious! It's just, your computer had stopped working because of dust! And you really thought something was wrong until your wife told you to vacuum it? [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Okay. I'm done now. Anyway, I think we'd like the chance to do things over sometimes. ;) But I think on the whole it seemed to work out fine for you. If you found someone who can figure out what's really wrong with the technology, I think you're good.

Angel ~ Yeah, I think other masters might have reacted strangely, not having that experience, but it's definitely a Coda minted reaction, that. And yeah, Ani's a looker, but remember those resentful Jedi? Sara's probably one of them. Remember, she's only three years younger than him, and she had some hard times trying to get a master. You'll see more of her thoughts on the Padawan Skywalker soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Diary,

I couldn't be happier to be back at the Temple. Like I said, I don't always like Coruscant, but Force, was I glad to get away from Nefitiu and Grangai and most of all Gio. I needed time and distance to figure out he didn't mean anything by it. He's just another regular boy who doesn't understand duty, because he hasn't got any. What would he know? The Jedi are just stuff of rumor and tax credits to most. Gio couldn't have been thinking straight. My guess is, for normal teenagers, when they kiss someone, they aren't thinking any further than the next few weeks, or minutes even. Or that could be totally untrue. But it makes me feel a little bit better, whether it's deluded or not.

That's the great thing about the Temple. When you're here it's so much easier to be sure of things. There's always the constant, warm surrounding of other Force-sensitives, a fall back net, and it's so easy to believe in anything. There are little quiet places, and friends, and everything good in the galaxy. Obviously that's not true, about everything good, but it feels like it. I can just curl up in some corner, or by some pretty ferns in the Gardens (my favorite part of the Temple) and close my eyes and know I am. Jedi aren't supposed to know emotions, but I think it's okay for us to be content. Content is good. I'm sure even the Council would agree. We don't get much time off to feel that, so it's wonderful.

Anyway, I'm writing this as I'm sitting next to Raj's bed (he's sleeping now, which he honestly should have been doing ages ago), in the Healer's Wing, and it's beautifully quiet, with only the light steps of the Masters and droids and the hum of the medical instruments and all. It's not always like this. Back when Raj was awake he was complaining about as much as you can. But really, he was the one who broke his leg again, not to mention fractured his wrist. He is so accident-prone; it's not funny any more. The thing is, he doesn't even look to do stupid things. He's just too attracted to being heroic.

He and Master Dovaneen Benthak were on a rescue mission for these kidnapped children, and he was fighting off the bandits who had taken them, and he got messed up pretty badly, he came back with a lot of bruises, and Master Dovaneen is a passable healer. Raj said it was worth it though, seeing the little o

9. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Aw.

This was lovely, too.

I totally agree with Sara's friend Bren, that the Temple is the in-between place where they let their guard down and become more of themselves. I think the only one who never felt that way was probably Anakin--and that was part of his problems.

Yes, Kenobi is cute. [face_love]

He is so accident-prone; it's not funny any more. The thing is, he doesn't even look to do stupid things. He's just too attracted to being heroic. I thought that this was funny, the fact that it's not funny anymore. What, it used to be funny? [face_laugh]

It's true in it's own way. Jedi are heroes, in so many people's eyes, and we all want to be heroes. But the Temple is home, and we don't have to be extraordinary here. Admittedly, I'm not sure what normal is, but having responsibility lifted from our shoulders, even momentarily feels nice. Yes, yes it does. Jedi are people, too. They're not gods. :)

I also really enjoyed the idea of the masters getting together when they're all at the temple and kicking the padawans out. :)

10. Star-Foozle

Aug 24, 2006
    Yay, an update!

This was lovely. I'll come back and leave a nice long review in a bit, but I'm off to piano now. Just wanted to let you know that yes, I've read it, and more will be coming later. :)

Edit: Okay, I'm back. Nice work here! I love Sara's description of the Temple, it really does make it feel like home. And contentment is a good thing, I think even the Masters would agree on that.

Aw, poor Raj...silly, heroic boy. I'm getting rather attatched to him. [face_love] It's good to know that his mission succeeded, at least, so the whole thing was worthwhile.

:D That's funny, about the Master-meeting-things. And it's no surprise that the Padawans get curious about what goes on in there...oh dear, there's another plot bunny waiting to happen...*attempts to ignore it*

Sara's friend Bren has a very good point, there. Everybody needs those in-between times, even heroes.

Excellent job as always, buddy. Thanks for the PM, and can't wait for more!

11. DancesWithBlasters

Jan 22, 2006
    This time, I'm going to let Sara answer the reviews!

Oh, wow, Laine! You think what I write is lovely? [face_blush] That's really too kind of you. As for what Bren says, yeah, I guess it is true, only I'd like to believe I'm myself on missions, too. To tell the truth, it scares me, the idea that I lose part of myself every time I leave the Temple. As for Skywalker, well, I don't know him that well. In fact I barely know him at all, but yeah, he has some issues. But he's got power. Though it bothers me somewhat to say it, he's going to be a Knight to go down in history when his time comes. Well, hopefully I will, too.

Knight Kenobi is cute isn't he?
    (Sara's blushing a little, you should know) The only thing that bothers me is the beard. I know it makes him distinguished or whatever, but in my case it just reminds me how old he is. Maybe that's the point. Hmm . . . . I should point that out to Lena.

As for Raj, well, it was never funny, per say, but it was
    amusing. We always used to joke that he was in competition for the most often injured padawan. And then it just kept happening, over and over, and over again. I mean, honestly, he's broken just about every bone in his body at this point. Some of them twice.

Anyway, yeah, it's nice not to be expected to gods, because as you said we aren't. Really, really aren't.

You might like the idea of the masters all getting together, but I don't! Do you have any idea how long Valen and I have been trying to figure out what it is exactly they talk about? I mean, seriously, it's like the unsolvable mystery. Every time, we get this close, this close! But it's literally impossible to fool our masters! It's the bloody bonds. If we didn't have them, we'd get to know. Except of course, we wouldn't have a reason to want to know if they weren't our masters. Heh. I suppose that's something to think about.

Hi Starrie. Um, well I don't know what a piano is, but I have heard of you! It's a real pleasure to meet my master's . . . Creator? Anyway, thanks for the compliment. The Temple has a special place in my heart. Despite it all, it's home. It's not often we get content, so yeah, it is nice.
    (I would just like to cut in, and say the content might have been part of the problem the Jedi had when faced with the Sith and the Clone Wars. They had grown used to having that to fall back on. Sara just doesn't know that yet.)

You're not supposed to get attached, you know. It means you fear their loss. Fear and anger are roads to the Dark Side. In a way it's selfish, attachment, I guess. It shows a lack of trust, both in the person, and the will of the Force. Always in motion, the future is, to quote Master Yoda. But anyway, I don't mind Raj so much myself, at least during his good moments. And if the mission hadn't succeeded? I would have smacked him upside the head. Only he would've already been doing that to himself.

And it's not funny about the Master-meetings! I hate to sound petulant, but do you have any idea how much we want to know what's going on? Oh, and my Creator wants me to relay the message that any plot bunny you might get from is great, especially if she gets to help! And, oh, that's horrible! She says she'll turn the bunny into a bunny vampire if you ignore it. Dances would make a terrible Jedi.

And like I said to Laine, Bren's pretty good at little things like that. Raj and he are a bit buffoon-like sometimes, but sometimes Bren comes up with these incredibly true, eye-opening observations. It's interesting.

12. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    Catching up here! DRL reared it?s ugly head.

I have to tell you, I love your OC. She?s brilliant. You do capture her voice, the teenager in her so well! You Feb 14th update was hysterical. And your other entries are really well thought out, contemplative.

(I totally have this whole diplomacy thing down.)

Perfect young voice, so self-confident yet showing her age.

My friends and I don't talk about cute boys and kisses. (Well, okay, so sometimes Lena and I talk about Knight Kenobi. But hello? Have you ever seen him??

:D Love this comment about Obi-Wan! I can imagine all the female padawans drooling over him.

This is my life, and the Force will guide me as it wills. Gio will just have to shove his head down a fresher. Maybe I could do it for him. But then again, I already hurt him. That would probably be bad diplomacy.

P.S. I'm not sure, but I'm fairly sure this isn't the way most girls dream about getting their first kiss. It was kind of awful and incredibly awkward after I gave him that bloody nose.

So funny! [face_laugh]

But the Temple is home, and we don't have to be extraordinary here. Admittedly, I'm not sure what normal is, but having responsibility lifted from our shoulders, even momentarily feels nice.

This is lovely, the way you?ve shown her human side.

I would love to be added to your pm list.

13. slow_dawn

slow_dawn Jedi Master star 2

Apr 18, 2006
    This isn't too much of a review--still catching back up...Nice set of posts. I really like the way you are developing Sara.

14. DancesWithBlasters

Jan 22, 2006
    Okay, on with the story, and replies from Sara! Everyone else, the answers are on the page before! Please read them!

PadawanKayla ~ Oh, are you a padawan, too? I'm afraid I haven't heard of you around the Temple. But if you are a padawan, how in the galaxy did you find my diary? Clearly, I need a better hiding place.

Moving on, I'd hardly say I was brilliant. A teenager? Certainly. But brilliant? [face_blush] Hardly. I suppose I am rather self-confident. Although, if I do say so myself, I'm not bad handling situations like that. And Knight Kenobi does have quite the following. We don't drool though, that would be to obvious. Well, not most of the time anyway. See the page before about comment about the beard.

And you might find my little episode funny, but I don't! Seriously, what do you say to someone you just punched? Oh, does that hurt? Do you want some bacta for that?

slow_dawn ~ That's quite fine!

Dear Diary,

Well, I just had a very strange encounter with Padawan Skywalker. I was walking back from Healer?s Wing, because I had gone just to make sure Raj actually went to his check-up instead of skipping. Anyway, I was all sweaty from dueling with Bea-Pazu (she?s really, really good) in the training rooms a few minutes before, and I was going over the things I needed to do, like take a shower, in my head. Then WHAM! Out of nowhere I bumped into this tall guy and end up tripping over his ankle. Pun intended, I had quite literally bumped into Skywalker. Normally, while I?m not quite graceful, I have pretty good sense of direction and balance, so you can imagine I was sort of embarrassed, especially given who it was.

I?ve never been really sure what to make of Skywalker. I?ve spent a lot of time resenting him. I was three when I came to the Jedi, and they had doubts. Then they took a nine-year-old boy with constantly raging emotions. That has never struck me as justice. I know we need him, and I know he might be the Chosen One, but that doesn?t make it right. He?s bound to make a great Knight, but he?s dangerous. But anyway, even I admit he?s good-looking. The problem is, he knows it, too. Not actively exactly, but he knows people look at him. He believes he?s capable of just about everything, and he almost is. So he?s fairly, ah, sure of himself, shall we say?

Getting back to the point, I had tripped, and landed hard on the floor. So Skywalker turned around and gave me a hand-up, and he apologized, saying his mind was on the mission he and his master had just been assigned, and he hadn?t been looking where he was going. So of course I was polite and said it was fine, I knew the feeling, even though my hands were bruised from catching myself, and I had just been in the Healer?s Wing, and I was actually kind of annoyed. Then, because I keep up with events in politics, as well as Temple rumors, I asked him if the mission he was going on was with that Senator from Naboo, the one people had been trying kill. I swear he blushed this shade of red I?d never even realized a human face could reach. Of course, then I remembered that the Senator, whatever her name is, was also the Queen during the blockade, when the Sith first reappeared. So Skywalker already knew her, but I still honestly didn?t and don?t understand why that would be something to be embarrassed about. But I left it at that, saying I hoped it all went well, and the Senator seemed like a very nice person. So he was all, yeah she is, and sorry for making you trip, to which of course I had to say, no, it?s fine, and it?s been nice meeting you. Then we went our own ways, me perplexed, and him, well, something.

Anyway, it was weird. I suppose I won?t ever understand Skywalker. Who am I to even try? I was never been a slave, and I never knew what it is to grow up with my family. I would say I?ve never loved, but that would be lying. If I lie here, I would be lying to myself. There should be some place where the false cannot invade, and for me, this diary is going to be it. You might only be some eccentric antique made of flimsiplast

15. Star-Foozle

Aug 24, 2006
    Dances, buddy, I read this and I loved it. I shall write you a lengthy reply when I get the chance, but I need to go to bed?gotta get up early for a road trip tomorrow. I?ll be gone until late tomorrow evening, but I?ll tell you what I think ASAP. Nice work!

=D=

16. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Everyone loves Anakin :p

Just realised I made an error in my beta reading. Whoops [face_blush]

Hope nobody noticed :(

17. Star-Foozle

Aug 24, 2006
    Okay, I'm back. Oh, I forgot to mention earlier that I loved Sara's author's replies. Those were too funny! :p

Huh. Skywalker certainly is a puzzle to most, isn't he? And I don't blame Sara for being a little resentful about him. *frowns at pretty-boy Anakin*

But, back to the point. Love. I love, that is the truth of it. I love my master, my friends, the Temple Gardens, my holocamera, cooking, real books, the couch in our quarters, all kinds of noodles, and spicy food, and countless other things. But I cannot fear for them. (By that I mean the living beings I listed, by the way. Fearing for your food is something you should do if Raj or Bren are around.) I have to trust in my beings to take of themselves. Being a Jedi means we protect the galaxy, but we can?t protect our own. The Force does everything for a purpose, and we have to trust in It. Everything is part of the Force?s plan. My master told me that the first time he met me, and I don?t think I?ve ever gotten a better piece of advice since then, hard as it is to believe in sometimes. The way I figure it is, if we let go of our own fear for ourselves, then those we care about have nothing more to worry about.

I absolutely adored this bit. Spicy things and noodles...sounds like Sara would love Thai food. Mmm. And that's the hard thing about being Jedi, isn't it? Being expected to protect everybody except the people you're the closest to... And you quoted Coda! [face_love]

I sound so depressing sometimes. Blame it on the hormones. It?s not actually their fault, but why be a human female if you can?t use the benefit of blaming stuff on hormones? I mean, seriously. My master will immediately back off when I say it?s the hormones. Except he knows when I?m lying and I know he knows. More than that I know when I?m lying. And I?m lying about the hormones.

*laughs* When in doubt, blame the hormones. Ain't that the truth. [face_laugh]

And I do hope Sara has fun on her girl's night. Anytime there's an activity on the list of Most Fun Things to Do, it's gotta be good. :D

Nice work, as always, and can't wait for more!

=D=

18. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Awesome and incredible post.

I'd be confused and a little resentful of Skywalker, too, but I'd agree that he's handsome.

Oh, Sara, about Kenobi's beard--it's cute, but it does make him look older. But more dignified. Maybe it helps in negotiations or something, looking older. I don't truly know. :)

Thanks for the PM.

19. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    This really is wonderful, the voice that comes from this writing. Love the comments about Skywalker, his blushing when the Senator is mentioned.

The frankness of a diary really shows here. Love the plans for girls' night too.

Looking forward to more and thanks for the pm.

20. Star_Angel

Jan 18, 2006
    I?ve finally caught up and Holy Padmé, mother of Luke and Leia, I mean?wow. I?ve missed this story, it?s fantastic.
    Sara?s feeling and thoughts are so realistic, both in a ?star wars way? and in a ?real life way? so to speak. Sometimes it?s hard to believe that all this teenage drama also happens to the Jedi, it shouldn?t but it is *laughs*

21. DancesWithBlasters

Jan 22, 2006
    Hey, guys! I know it's been ages. :( But I'm on my feet again. I suffered from a lack of inspiration for a long time, but don't worry, I'm officially back in the game. I will keep this up, I promise you. Maybe it won't be great writing, and maybe posts will only come once a month, but I won't give up! Okay on to the story. Oh, please not, we are officially in AotC. So, this is what was happening while Ani and Obi were off on their missions of "Kiss Padme!" and "Find Bounty Hunter!", respectively.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Diary,

I haven?t got anything particularly important to say today. But then, when have I ever, really? Don?t worry, I do realize you?re an inanimate object, and so it?s impossible for you to answer that. I?m not crazy, at least not yet. So, maybe I?m not entirely sane by regular standards, but whatever.

First off, I?m going on a mission in two days? time. My master and I are going ?under-cover? to expose, and hopefully shut down one of the larger and now, rather obvious spice trafficking operations based off Corellia. Master Coda usually doesn?t accept missions like these, or if when he did, he?d leave me in the Temple, so this is big. There are moral issues involved on both sides. And I?m not known to be a good liar. I can pass as just about anyone, nondescript human that I am, but when people start asking me questions about details, I panic and give them stupid answers. But this mission is short because all we have to do is gather evidence, and bring it back, and get people?s voices on a recording to reconfirm all that stuff. Normally, Jedi aren?t used for information mongering, which it pretty much is, since everyone knows about the spice trafficking, but what with all the bureaucracy and corruption in so many governments, we?re handling this, bastions of justice and democracy that we are.

Hah! I can use big words and spell them right, too! Take that, Heelia! I?m kidding, of course. Not about having a large vocabulary, but about being mad at Heelia. I love spending time with her; she always gives me so much to think about, and she?s a Healer, in training anyway, and she?s really, really intelligent. I blame it on her expanded brain capacity. I?m only a human, after all.

But I digress. Not that I really had an especially interesting topic to begin with. Maybe I talk too much. Write too much I mean. But it keeps all the thoughts out of my head.

It?s hard to explain. When I?m panicking, or trying to figure things out, or am having one of my prophetic-in-emotions-at-least dreams (PEAL dreams for short. My master and I made it up as slang, so he knows why I look like the Corellian hells some days when I wake up.) All these thoughts and feelings rush into my head, and they?re . . . heavy is the best way to describe. They whirl around, and around, spinning faster and faster, and if it?s bad enough I sometimes end up having to go into trances.

But most of the time a few deep breathes, or some meditation is enough. But as I?ve gotten older, it?s gotten worse. They don?t happen more often, it?s not that, but they gotten darker. There are more blood moons (it?s an old term for when a planet?s moon appears red-ish/orange-ish from the surface. There are so many old myths about it, from all across the galaxy, and they?re all fairly creepy. Alderaan doesn?t have a moon, so ha!) and less sunshine. I can see snatches of girls in tattered clothes whipping around corners, stealing away from an enemy. And I am afraid that girl is me. I cannot tell if my master is there, and troubles me more than anything else. I see the wide, innocent eyes of children imploring my help, and I am afraid in that dream world I lose them to the glinting, tainted white. What if that?s what happens in real life, too?

Master made me visit a Mind Healer a few days ago, but they said there?s nothing much they can do as I ?have a gift? apparently. Joy. Master Yoda says I should meditate and not let the dreams bother me because ?always in motion, the future is?. Because that totally helps with the

22. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Worth it.

Undercover, eh? I wonder why--and how big. I bet Sara will turn out to be a better liar than she thinks she will be.

Thanks for the PM. Most appreciated.

23. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    And, oh, Force, there?s something sticky on my arm. Ugh, ugh, ugh!! So not funny any more.

I dread to think [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

How do they get away with this, living in the Jedi Temple and everything? :p

24. Star-Foozle

Aug 24, 2006
    Aaaaaah, an update!! [face_dancing] I'm so glad that you've gotten back into the swing of things, Dances.

Anyways, nice work. This new mission sounds like it's gonna be interesting. It does seem a pity that the Jedi are stretched so thin, and having to do things like stopping obvious spice operations because so many other governments are in turmoil. And I agree with Laine -- perhaps Sara will turn out to be a better liar than she thinks.

These PEAL dreams are...interesting to say the least. Poor Sarama. I'm shifting uncomfortably, because I know what's going to happen (and desperately wishing that it wasn't the case), but she must be so confused. The blood moons, and the children, and the tainted white. *shivers* And it doesn't seem like anyone's doing anything to make it better. *hugs Sara*

Hahaha, apparently kitchens and inept Padawans are a bad combination. I wonder how many times the Temple has almost been burned down thanks to that. And unidentified sticky-things? Definitely something to be avoided. [face_laugh]

Thanks for the PM, and the wait was definitely worth it. Good job!

=D=

25. Star_Angel

Jan 18, 2006
    Another fantastic update Dances and it was so worth it, it always is.

Being afraid of things you don?t really understand why they happen to you is common, not that I think it would help very much, I hope that Sara will come to turn with it in time.

Oh, and don?t worry about the missed pm, it happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.