main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LMM's decision: dealing with the

Discussion in 'Communications' started by legacyAccount, Sep 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999

Gay-Len, the majority of the Mod Squad acknowledge that LMM has screwed up in this situation. I don't think anyone's denying that, hence, the 2 day ban and 1 week demotion. Whether that verdict is altered to better fit the crime, is up to the LC. I agree with you that LMM abused his Moderator status, and is deserving of a demotion -- but I still believe in giving people second chances.

The key here is how LMM reacts to this whole situation upon his return. That's why I suggested a month demotion, if only to provide a greater time period in which the Mod Squad and LC can monitor, reflect, and decide whether LMM is deserving to recieve his Moderator status back. Whether a one week demotion provides enough of a evaluation period is my only problem at this stage.

In anycase, the Administration will no doubt be following LMM's future actions. Hopefully, nothing like this ever happens again, and we'll all live in peace and harmony (yeh, right), but even if another problem does arise in the future, be it LMM or someone completely different, you can rest assured that the consequences will be greater, if only from the warning that this situation has provided.

2. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    I know that, epic. I was addressing the person who posted before me that was still arguing that the only issue was the spamming and the punishment was fine. Instead of just telling him to read the threads, I gave him another recap of what has been argued over the course of the 3 or 4 threads.

EDIT: Hehehe, 'craptacular' is also one of my favorite Simpsons-inspired phrases. I must make a point to use it more often. ;)

3. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    I'd like to restate something I said earlier that I think very few people actually took to heart:
    No, we in the ModSquad must watch our own, must hold each other accountable for each and every bit of spam and ?fluff? we post (fluff is in and of itself one of the most ludicrous things ever concocted, a way for moderators to spam without actually calling it spam). I feel demotions and withholding promotions to be fair punishments; even bannings should not be kept out of the realm of possibility, as has been evident in PreacherBoy, Hama-Ryu Kinnebi and tonyf?s cases. If I?ve learned anything about moderating the moderators it?s that it is rarely done because they haven?t learned yet to slap each other around for indiscretions. No matter how many times we post that we are the same as normal users, it is a lie, a façade to keep us feeling good about ourselves and secure in our power.

4. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    I hope LMM has learned his lesson. But that is yet to be seen seeying as how he hasn't posted since the said incident . . .

5. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Ahh, gotcha, Gay-Len. That's what you get for not re-reading the last page. ;-)

6. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    What pushed LMM over the edge?

7. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    He hasn't even logged in since the 6th.

8. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    is he still banished?

9. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    He's certainly something.

10. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Has LMM shown any interest at all in returning, publicly or otherwise? ?[face_plain]

11. Baylis

Baylis Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2002
    I'm sure he'll be back at Halloween to brag about how great his new holiday banner is. Maybe he'll put some Hobbits in it too to cause controversy.

12. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    What about orcs ? they need representation too.

13. Steak_Sammich

Steak_Sammich Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2001
    And hobbits to spoil.

14. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Thread derailed. There is no new information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.