main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Local Cub Scout Mom Looking for Stormtrooper

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Swampsurfer, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Hey everyone. I received this eMail from a mom in a local Cub Scout troop:

Andre,

I found your name on the Force.net web site as someone from the Acadiana Fan Force group. If this makes no sense please disregard this message. I am a cub scout leader here in Lafayette and looking for someone that would like to wear their Stormtrooper costume and make 40 6-10 year old boys dreams come true. We are having our big award dinner next Tuesday night (Feb. 21) at 6pm, the theme is Cub Scouts of the Future. I would love to surprise the boys with costumed members of your group if they are available. My son is a huge Star Wars fan and ran into a costumed member from your group a few years ago at a Mardi Gras function, he still talks to this day about the encounter (we even have pictures). If you could direct me to someone to contact I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
    Julie Nelson
    julie@the-wombat.com

I was thinking that David (I think that's the fellow's name who costumed at Gamer's Haven) can show up as Darth Vader and wicket_the_ewok can show up as the Jedi. Also, if anyone knows the Stormtrooper that costumed at The Grand for Halloween. This might help as well. Please post. We have little time to get this together.

2. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    hey andre, got your message last night and this sounds like a cool idea. i was a cub scout when i was younger, so i think it would be cool to dress up again. i think david is a lsu right now, but im not 100% sure. the guy that wore the stormtrooper outfit was poseidon11. from his profile, his real name is tony and you can get his email from there. i'll email the lady from the cub scouts and poseidon about the event.

3. Theyrenotdolls

Theyrenotdolls Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    man, i'm on call tuesday night, but otherwise, i'd show up in costume (jedi) as well.

--TND

4. Theyrenotdolls

Jan 31, 2005
    andre or wickett, why dont you send an email out to everyone about this.....

--Den

5. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Problem is I lost my master eMail list. I'll have to reconstruct it. What better reason, right. Gettin' to work on it this weekend.

6. TheForst

TheForst Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2004
    I should be able to do this. Is there any more information?

7. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Unless you can contact her via the eMail. That's all I know so far.

8. Theyrenotdolls

Jan 31, 2005
    Did anyone go to this?

Andre,
    you should contact her on our behalf and let her know that for events like this, with more advanced notice we could make a stronger showing. In other parts of the country, it's stuff like this that star wars fandom thrives on. it's a way to get new people involved in the hobby as well as make a good name for "geeks" by helping out in the community.

just my opinion....

--Den

9. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Your right. I'll respond to the eMail again. She never returned my initial response. Wish we could have made a difference. I need to get back into the management thing around here. I've been a bit lazy when it's come to FanForce Acadiana. I am ashamed of myself.

I haven't said so before, but I'm glad your closer to us now. We need to get together and see if we can make some positive adjustments to our little fan club.

10. Poseidon11

Poseidon11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    I read this post the day before the event was to take place. I would love to have an excuse to dust off the armor again. ;) But like with so many others it was too short notice.

"with more advanced notice we could make a stronger showing"

I totally agree. Don't hesitate to email me if something like this happens again.

Tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.