main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Locked out of Episode 2. . .

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Saber_Caddy, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saber_Caddy

Saber_Caddy Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2002
    After arriving at my D&D game earlier today and descovering that nobody was really in the mood to play, I decided to go see if I could catch up with those who went to the noon showing of AotC at Silvercity (I never did). Anyway, while I was there I was accosted by an old man with a jaundiced eye who claimed that Famous Players has once again locked him out after lowering his wages by 33%. Now while I'm sure all of you have known about this for a while, it was news to me as I haven't been to Silvercity in months. Anyway, I don't honestly really care about the issue itself, and I admit that the projectionists do get payed more than is really necessary, but I have a personal policy of not crossing picket lines for entertainment that I would like to stick to in light of this news. Therefore, if there are gonna be many more group Star Wars viewings, can we go to the Odeon occasionally instead? They may not have THX, but that way I don't have to feel like I'm being a jerk.

Thanks!

--Jer

2. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I understand and respect your policy, Jeremy, and hopefully, when we take that trip to Richmond, to see it at the digital set-up, we won't be crossing a picket line to do so. I think it is only the Island projectionists who are picketing (all four of them).

I'm not adverse to seeing it again at the Odeon: it's as easy to bus to for me. :) I am not sure when the club will be gathering to see it again, en masse: I'm hoping others will post to the Next Viewing thread, and maybe plans can be made to go as a group via those means?

Having seen it both ways, now, I gotta say, it's really impressive on the larger screen, and the sound quality is way way way better!

*Derisa*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.