main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Arena LOL @ the Knicks and WTF @ the Pistons: The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 5, 2011
    I read this as pubic career suicide, laughed, and now I feel better. Thanks.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval TV Screaming Service / FFS! star 9 Staff Member Manager

Aug 19, 2003
    It may be pubic suicide. Who knows. The only thing I know is that the Pistons have assembled an incredible Offensive Line.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral Baseball Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2005
    Dwight Howard to the Sixers. Good value pickup there for Philly

4. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Danilo Gallinari to the Hawks. I liked him on OKC and hoping to like him more on an East Coast game where I can see the ending more often. Especially the Eastern team that includes Trae Young.

5. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I **** you not, our GM actually said one of our first round picks, Isaiah Stewart, is "physical at the point of attack".

I'm expecting him to take off his mask and reveal that he is Ron Jaworski in an extremely elaborate episode of NFL Matchup.

Our goal line offense is going to dominate.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval TV Screaming Service / FFS! star 9 Staff Member Manager

Aug 19, 2003
    We just signed Dwight Howard as Embiid's backup. Dwight. Howard.

Morey hit 9 straight brilliant moves in one night during the Draft. And then this.

I am more torn than Natalie Imbruglia could ever imagine being.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  8. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Apparently the Pistons are signing Josh Jackson. I know he was a spectacular flameout in Phoenix who did stupid things like miss fan events, but I thought he'd make a good reclamation project for a franchise trying to re-establish it's tough defensive identity. Jackson grew up in Detroit, so maybe that will help.

2021 Pistons: Shooting Optional

Coach Casey must be livid. I don't think this front office group will last very long. I can see Casey getting fired this season, and Weaver won't last much longer. Weaver will bring in his guy, it won't make any difference, and the owner will be forced to step in when he sees the disaster on the floor.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  9. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Harrell to the Lakers. doesn’t even need to move house

10. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Wood is going to the Rockets via sign and trade. Probably part of that deal that gave us the 16th pick and Ariza. Man. Wood could really help the Rockets if they can keep everyone together, and if they can get him up to speed defensively. They've been missing a scoring big and he would have thrived under D'Antoni, at least offensively.

Pistons also sign Jerami Grant to 3/$60m. Another lengthy defender who isn't much of a scorer. I think I'll enjoy our defense. Maybe. Apparently we're going to try to win games with scores in the sixties.

Pistons fans think there's a Blake trade on the way, but it's a bit hard for me to believe unless we're attaching multiple firsts.

This is nuts. Why doesn't Weaver just sign Isiah, Dumars, Mahorn, Laimbeer, and Rodman out of retirement? Can't forget the Microwave for some needed bench scoring. Re-establishing Pistons defense is not a bad concept, but there's a modern way to do it and this isn't it.

Grant = Spider Salley
    Jackson = Aguirre/Tayshaun
    Plumlee = Mahorn
    Dedmon = Laimbeer
    Jah = James Edwards
    Isaiah Stewart = Ben Wallace
    Saddiq Bey = Tayshaun

It's all right there, it's so obvious he's actually trying to recreate the old teams. Tell me I'm wrong. Just gotta get Metta World Peace out of retirement to be our new Rodman and start another Malice.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  11. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Holy **** the Lakers got Trez? That’s wild, dude can ball. And takes him away from arguably their biggest competitor in the West

DarthTunick likes this.
  12. DarthTunick

DarthTunick Game Host - SfC Part VI BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    A little annoyed to see Howard go, but at least he was a good-to-niiiiice contributor to the current title, so there will always be that. Adding Schröder & luring away Harrell from the Clippers?

[​IMG].

Runjedirun likes this.
  13. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Happy for @anakinfansince1983 for the Hornets getting a popular player in Gordon Hayward. I think it takes a year for a player to come back from injury like that so I think he might have a solid year ahead. Also glad he left Boston. Happiest that the Raptors home grown undrafted discovery of Fred VanVleet will be staying in Toronto for 4 years so that Kyle Lowry can pass him the reigns when the time comes.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Four years and $120m for Hayward?

Charlotte must have really missed Batum's contract.

DarthTunick likes this.
  15. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    I forgot about this. Kind of interesting.

16. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
  17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Nightsister of Four Realms star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It’s a lot of money. But if it’s a deal that will allow the Hornets to be exciting and not suck, it’s worthwhile.

Looks like they’re waiving Batum to get the cap space too.

Runjedirun likes this.
  18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Wow

Montrezl Harris to the Lakers.

DarthTunick likes this.
  19. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    Montrezl moving crosstown like that definitely makes me think that the Clippers, despite the talent, had major chemistry issues last year. Doc took the blame in the end but Montrezl was in some ways the heart and soul of them in terms of his energy so for him to do that I think speaks volumes.

20. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    Damn. Ibaka to the Clippers. My Raptors are in such a weird spot. Worse than before but still capable of playoff ball. Without a scoring star we are on a treadmill. Too many talented vets and smart coaching to be bad. Not enough superstar talent to contend. I can only hope Masai Ujiri somehow surprises me as he often has.

21. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Today's been interesting. Just read that Austin Rivers is going to the Knicks and earlier today I found out so is Nerlens Noel. So at least they have two players I am familiar with.

The Hawks picked up Rajon Rando and Kris Dunn who are just names to me, but I'm reading Dunn is good at defense. It would be nice to see Trae win some games this year.

And as expected the Thunder traded Stephen Adams and got another draft pick. I think along the way they picked up some no name players today too.

heels1785 likes this.
  22. tom

tom Chosen One star 7

Mar 14, 2004
    how can you not know rondo?!

Runjedirun likes this.
  23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Marc Gasol to the Lakers. I find this newsworthy only because the Cavaliers took on Javale McGee to allow the trade to work, making this a reversal of norms, with the Cavaliers helping out LeBron.

DarthTunick and dp4m like this.
  24. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I totally checked out once the league shut down, so I just learned that Mitchell Robinson broke the single season records for FG%, eFG%, and TS%

25. Juliet316

Juliet316 SFTC Daily Double Winner star 10

Apr 27, 2005