main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    I'm keeping track of the Hawks game tonight. I know none of these people playing but glad they're winning

Runjedirun likes this.
  2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    re: current thread title—

3. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Hawks won 2 in a row. When I looked at last season standings that seems in a better direction thus far and its only 2 games

4. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    The Hawks were out John Collins for a huge portion of last season because he failed a drug test. In the off season they got Danilo Gallinari, Rajon Rando and Bogdan Bogdanovic. They also picked up Clint Capella just before the season shut down and he never played for them last season. So last season for the Hawks was pretty much Trae Young and some decent rookies. The Hawks have a nice stretch of easy games to open the season. Hopefully getting them into a rhythm so they can beat some better teams later. I tuned into a Hawks game early last season and watched Trae Young until March 11th. Oh, and Vince Carter, he was there last year, I almost forgot. If you don't mind the show boating, Trae is a lot of fun to watch.

Wizards are continuing with their losing ways. I looked at their roster last night, it's Bradley Beal, Russ and a bunch of people I never heard of and I watch basketball. The Thunder had a 10 point lead with two minutes to go over Charlotte last night and I thought for sure they were going to blow it. They had a lead the entire second half and they almost lost. SJA saved them with a shot with less than 2 seconds left, but he also almost lost it for them by missing several key free throws towards the end of the game. So the Thunder won their opener. Not expecting much out of them this season, but I'll watch some games (whenever the Hawks aren't playing at the same time). SJA and Dort are pretty much the only players left from last year. All those draft picks they have aren't bodies on the court, going to be a long rebuild. Tonight I'll watch the Knicks get pummeled by the Bucks. The movie Soul takes a dig at the Knicks, my husband thought it was the best part of the movie.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  5. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    wcj shooting 2/10. ew.

there will be some adjustments needed with a new coach, system etc but looking like it's gonna be another long season in chi town. will be interesting to see how long white keeps the starting pg spot too.

6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Clippers are down 50 at the half against the Mavs, 77-27.

KnightWriter, mnjedi, epic and 2 others like this.
  7. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Holy smokes, I just saw that. If the Mavs blow that lead...just wow.

How do you even manage only 27 points at half???

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    The off-season was clearly too short, as was the preseason. Every game on Christmas demonstrated that, as did that Dallas-, Clippers game. The playing isn't as clean and crisp as you'd expect from these teams.

But, hey, Cleveland is 2-0, and I'm too lazy to check, but I think that's the first time this century they've been two games over .500 without LeBron on the roster.

DarthTunick and Runjedirun like this.
  9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Agreed. I watched the 76ers choke out the New York Knickerbockers by 20, with 7 players in double digits... and all I kept thinking was how sloppy and out of sync we looked while dominating.

The span between the Finals and a new season is damaging but the (non)length of training camp was a killer to the league.

Runjedirun likes this.
  10. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, LOL, the Knicks scored 130 points (in one game) and beat the Milwaukee Bucks. Fun way to end my Sunday.

11. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    I appreciate this clarification, because we all know that it's necessary.

Runjedirun and DarthTunick like this.
  12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    wooooooooo!

Runjedirun likes this.
  13. TofuJedi

TofuJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 30, 2020
    Woot woot!

Runjedirun likes this.
  14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    @tom has been doing too much computerized wrestling, sounding like Ric Flair in here.

Pistons keeping Blake and D-Rose at home to rest, not even making the trip to Atlanta. Resting them this early in the season strongly suggests a legit load management program for them. I like this. A sign that management isn’t completely stupid.

Should be an ugly night against the Hawks tonight. We could challenge the 50 point halftime deficit the Clippers just set yesterday.

15. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm about to watch that game and the Thunder/Jazz. Could be ugly for the Thunder.

Also Vince Carter is going to join the Hawks broadcast team during select games this season, can't wait!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    LloydChristmas likes this.
  16. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Hawks are doing pretty well tonight

17. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Solid win for the Blazers tonight. Gary Trent Jr was a monster off the bench.

18. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I expected the Hawks to have more control. At least they got the first three wins, now they face the Nets back to back and Irving/Durant rested last night. Vince Carter is joining the broadcast team on Wednesday night so I am definitely watching anyway. Tonight we find out if the Wizards are getting any wins this season, because they play the Bulls and if they lose to the Bulls, well yeah. Thunder held their own against the Jazz last night, but they aren't a closing team at all so they lost. Thunder get Orlando tonight and the Knicks play the Cavs. I'm really interested in seeing the Cavs since they are out to such a hot start.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  19. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I know that's the first time a non-Cleveland fan has said that without LeBron on the roster since before Shawn Kemp got fat

Juliet316 and Runjedirun like this.
  20. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Yeah, that certainly was a sight to see. :p

21. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
  22. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    oh no, oubre hit a three. now he's going to keep shooting them!

23. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Two wins in a row for the Knicks! Also mostly unrelated to Basketball I got a job offer letter today, so I could technically turn on a service that gets me Wizards games, but I think I'll just stick with my League pass since The Wizards are terrible.

DarthIntegral and Juliet316 like this.
  24. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    So, the Bucks made some 3s tonight.

Runjedirun likes this.
  25. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Good game between the Hawks and Brooklyn tonight so far