main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Arena LOL @ the Knicks and WTF @ the Pistons: The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

1. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Thon is a champion, he may be content to just chill on Ambria these days

DarthIntegral and CT-867-5309 like this.
  2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 5, 2011
    It cracks me up every time you make that reference. Not the part of the boards I expect to see a Tales of the Jedi reference.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  3. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Do we need to educate the people in these parts? Do we need...

[​IMG]

4. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 8

May 18, 2017
    I love how you have to watch a 15 second Home Depot ad to watch a 25 second clip.

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral Baseball Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2005
    Speaking of superstar players who can't catch a break ... Damn

You almost wonder if he's just going to walk away.

heels1785 and Juliet316 like this.
  6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    He had a **** 2020 losing so many family members (including his mom) to COVID and it seems like 2021 is starting that way for him too.

JFC, I feel bad for him.

DarthIntegral and Runjedirun like this.
  7. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Miami was shorthanded, but glad to see Pistons take care of business tonight.

I must admit Jerami Grant has been way better than I anticipated. Tonight was his eleventh 20 point game in a row, and he’s been very efficient, without dominating the ball. He’s shown way more driving the ball than I’ve ever seen from him before. It’s ugly, all arms and legs, but he has those long strides and long arms to finish over the top. He’s still doing it on the other end, too, and he’s very stoic, so he should fit in well in Detroit.

Runjedirun likes this.
  8. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Of course Jerami Grant is a good addition to any team, he used to play for the Thunder :) I watched most of the Nets/Magic game yesterday. As long as Harden and KD stay healthy I'd be very surprised if they don't go to the Finals. Meanwhile most of the games I care about keep getting cancelled due to covid our bounced to a national broadcast because other games are cancelled due to covid. And the Hawks are out west right now. I can't watch those 10PM games, you know unless it's play-offs and I'm super invested. It has happened.

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval TV Screaming Service / FFS! star 9 Staff Member Manager

Aug 19, 2003
    Process Sixer Jerami Grant? Of course you ought to expect greatness from him!

10. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    A center averaging a triple double 13 games into the season is pretty cool.

Runjedirun likes this.
  11. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I remember liking to watch Jerami Grant play for Syracuse, i didn’t really expect him to become a good NBA player at that time. He definitely proved me wrong, he’s worked his way to be better and better, to the point he’s at now. Good for him, and yeah he seems like a good fit for Detroit, I kind of wonder what they would be like if they had kept Drummond

anyways, watching lots of hoops today

Runjedirun and tom like this.
  12. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    For the Knicks fans, Quickley has a really sweet push floater. Looks like a legit go-to shot already.

Runjedirun, Point Given and tom like this.
  13. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    Knick’s in general seem a lot better

14. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    They won two in a row again, usually one two win streak a season is their high point. Excited to see where it goes.

starfish likes this.
  15. DarthTunick

DarthTunick Game Host - SfC Part VI BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

14-points in this 1st quarter thus far!

16. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  17. tom

tom Chosen One star 7

Mar 14, 2004
    how sweet it is.

starfish and Runjedirun like this.
  18. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    I fell asleep, so I missed the end

19. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I'm sure you've all heard, but CJ McCollum is going to be out at least four weeks.

Dame all alone.

Trent and Simons have an opportunity after having been stuck behind two heavy minutes guards. Melo has a chance to show he can still score. They're going to need someone to step up if they're going to stay afloat.

Runjedirun likes this.
  20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga/JCC Manager star 9 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    mccollum was having an extraordinary start to the year, too. hate to see it.

21. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    ahahahahaha kyrie's first game with kd/harden ahahahahaha

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I officially retract every negative thing I ever said or thought about Collin Sexton, and I thoroughly apologize for ever doubting him.

23. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Thoughts on the alternate/city-edition court? I kind of dig it.

24. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I switched over to that game briefly when I saw it was in OT, I liked Osman's pink shoes!

So I watched 3 quarters of the Hawks/Pistons game. Trae had a crazy third quarter, the team was down by 14 they came all the way back, he had about 20 points and then they were back down by 14, so you know I turned it off because I have been so tired lately after all the craziness in my life and the Hawks came back to win and I missed it, LOL. Here's a fun fact about the Atlanta Hawks. Kevin Huerter, he has this firey red hair and he can shoot some meaningful shots, he's tall he'll get a rebound if Clint Capella isn't in the game. Anyway, every time I yell out "way to go Kevin" I think of that bird in the movie Up. I think it's cause the bird is tall and colorful like Kevin Huerter who is tall and has bright red hair. So hopefully, if any of you watch a Hawks game in the near future you too can think of Kevin Hueter as the goofy bird in the movie Up.

tom likes this.
  25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I really don't like the eight styles of graffiti Cleveland used on the baselines (and the jersey fronts), but other than I freaking love the City Edition Court. I hope it becomes something they do every year to mimic the jersey with a corresponding court.

DarthTunick and Runjedirun like this.