main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London London Film & Comic-Con 2013

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by LAJ_FETT , May 23, 2013.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Website

Dates are Jul 6&7 at Earls Court 2. I have a friend coming from the USA on Jul 5 and we may try to do the Saturday if he wants. Anyone else planning to attend?

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I will make an effort as always, I've had to cancel Collectormania this year because I'm doing CE2 and need to save money.

Some decent guests this time, plus the ET & Terminator photo things look like fun.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Postman brought my tickets today. Just a note that if you mail-order they have to be signed for. Luckily I was home.

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Hi All.

I certainly plan to go, and bring at least one friend along. No day chosen yet.

I'll have to see if I have something for Torchwood's Eve Myles to sign.

5. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I got the day off from work so I will be attending.

6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    We'll be getting there around 11am hopefully. Our tickets don't allow entry before that but as we are coming by train/Tube we probably won't get in much earlier anyway.

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Going in today. Never tried it on a weekday before, but there is a clash with the Formula One German Grand Prix.

Hope it isn't necessary to queue when I get there.

Unfortunately, Torchwood's Eve Myles not there today...:(

Mm. it may be a typo, but I don't like that the front page of the London Film and Comic Con website, says the Friday stuff starts at 6pm.
    I was getting ready to take my Dad up there, but cannot readily see an alternate timing...

8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Didn't go on Friday after all, but went today (Saturday).

Great turn-out, very crowded, and managed to rendezvous with friends - Moons of Yavin, Delta Source crowd - in a canteen above the convention floor that had apparently been there for years, but, typical of my luck, I learn of its existence three days after I learn Earls Court is to be demolished.

Some things very expensive. One graphic novel I looked at, for some post-apocalyptic world hero called The Captain, was going for forty quid...yeah, I'm not buying that.

Plenty photo opportunities, and for Game of Thrones fans, the chance to be photographed in the Iron Throne.

Those I wanted to get autographs from, buggered off before I could see them; saved me some money, I suppose.

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    We went and got there after 11am and left by 2pm. I can echo the observation about crowds - it was real hard to move around the vendor area. I got one thing - a Boba Fett Jacket and that was a gift from my partner. (Not my auction - just used it for the pics.) Some pretty good costumes though.

10. LondonFilmandComicFan

LondonFilmandComicFan Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2013
  11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It certainly was busy, I don't envy some of the costumers given the heat.

I missed the Star Wars talk and didn't want to pay for the Game of Thrones talk, but I got my V for Vendetta graphic novel signed by David Lloyd

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    One of my friends went back on the Sunday, and got Eve Myles autograph for me. Just got it in the post, yesterday evening; quite a sexy pose on the photo.

Anyone get flyers / information for next years' World Science Fiction Convention in London 2014 - LonCon?

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've seen references to it in Locus Magazine. Ii think it's out at Excel..

14. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    This has peaked my interest, google tell me more!

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I might get tickets for at least one day there. It's out at ExCel so that's a bit of a haul for me.

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh, now the London board comes up

Okay, Winter version of this LFCC is this weekend, 5th and 6th, October.

Also Earls Court again, I understand. Though I would recommend Googling either the event name or Showmasters website to be sure.