main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London Film & Comic Con, July 9th & 10th

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by SithLordDarthRichie, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm having trouble getting either day off at the moment, I'll have to see what is doable.

2. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Just realised it's my friend's 30th on the Sat, so that may well rule me out completely that day although he hasn't actually arranged a party yet so it could even be Sunday evening, in which case for now I'll just commit to going on Sunday morning/lunch.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Figures - Tem Morrison has cancelled. Here's the cancellation list from the website:

Cancellations:

Lee Ingleby
    Jacqueline Pearce
    Jess Harnell
    Sean Maher
    Luciana Carro
    Temuera Morrison

Gary Kurtz has been added as a guest though.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Double post - sorry. Internet connection is acting up.

5. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Tem cancelled again!?
    Why does he do it every time? :_|

Doesn't seem like I'm going to be attending either day now, so I guess it's not so bad he isn't there. Shame though, I'd like to have been part of this larger meetup.

6. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    A shame that you can't make it Richie. Are you still working at Odeon??

7. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Sorry, not checked the boards for a while. Richie has limited tinternet right now and isn't going to be attending Sat or Sunday.

I'm heading down to London tomorrow (as in Friday), will be leaving about 10am ish.

The event at the British Museum Richie was talking about is the Medieval Late Night. Details here - http://www.britishmuseum.org/whats_on/events_calendar/july_2011/medieval_late.aspx

I'm going to be heading there for hopefully around start of the BM Late Night, but before it I'll be at Forbidden Planet and a nice restaurant near FP.

I think Matt and I are planning to be at LFCC for the general opening on Saturday, 11am, not too fussed about being an early bird in there. If people want to meet up, I'm happy to join in, but it's a little last minute to organise, especially with just these forums to do it. If anyone does want to meet up, I can PM you my moby and then you are welcome to text on the Sat to see where we are or arrange a place inside to meet up. I won't be able to get on the internet properly after I leave for London, my kindle doesn't really handle the net well. So if you can PM me before 9:20am-ish tomorrow, I'll send you contact details.

:)

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, I doubt I'm going to make this. Between train and tube maintenance (meaning I'd have to go all the way into Waterloo and backtrack and then do the reverse to go home) and the fact that I've had a nasty sore throat and sneezing/coughing the last couple of days I'll probably give this a miss. I think the last thing I need to do is go running around and get sick. Also the weather isn't looking that great tomorrow and I'd be walking to/from the train station here.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I finish work at 6 so I can come into London after LFCC if people still wanna meet up and get food or whatever.

10. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    It was very sunny.

Matt, Jeanette and myself met up. No photos. Had a nice lunch. Walked round and round and debated if we wanted Amelia Pond's auto. We didn't. Saw Lil Dave, who was costuming. Think that was about it.

I should be going to the October MCM, hopefully Christopher Lee will sing some more for us. Maybe we should start organising now, especially with me being more a FB person and not a forum peep really anymore.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'm glad there was a bit of a meet-up. Turns out that had I come up I'd have been really stuffed Tube-wise as the Piccadilly Line was shut as well, and I would have needed that to come from Waterloo. I'd have probably had to take a bus or taxi. As I was feeling so crappy (and spent a lot of the weekend sacked out in bed) it was just as well I gave it a pass.

We had some rain in my area Saturday. Yesterday was pretty cloudy but it was dry enough for one of the neighbors to have a BBQ. I was smelling the smoke in my flat for awhile.

12. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Oh, weird, Picadilly was working fine in the center, we used it to get from Earls Court up to Euston on both days...

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    BBC London Travel said on Saturday morning that it was shut between the center of London and out toward Heathrow.

14. fizzbin

fizzbin Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    I was there on Saturday, was looking out for Matt, but with no luck. Took about 200 pics, will put them up sometime.

Had a good chat with John Chapman (Red 12), who seemed a bit overly keen for me to plug his new book on facebook - Jonnie Rocket

btw, Who is Lil Dave, & what was he costuming?

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    He is rebeljediknight_88, CR of Midland & Wales chapter. Not sure what trooping he did, Biker Scout maybe.

It would be cool to see pics Fizzbin, if you can link to them here it would be cool.
    Also if you're a member of the FFUK facebook group you can put a link there too, it would be good to encourage more people to attend these events.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.