main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London Film & Comic Con, Sept 1 - 2nd '07

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    It may be a while off yet, and proceeding CE, but this year's LF&CC is already shaping up very nicely.

The big guest thus far is none other then Captain Picard himself; Patrick Stewart :D
    And.......................................... two actors from Heroes, which is great. Lots more to come I'm sure, and tomorrow there's another big guest announcement.

The official site can be found here:
    London Film & Comic Con

2. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    None other then Bill Nighy has been announced as the latest guest!! :D

3. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Excuse me. Your not allowed to get excited about Trek guests on a Star Wars forum. Its agaist the Geek code.

4. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    **hangs head in shame**
    Now what I should have said is: 'The big guest thus far is none other then Captain Picard & Professor X himself; Patrick Stewart :D
    Plus he voiced the evil dooer in the recent TMNT film and he was in Excalibur. And he drinks Earl Grey tea and is an all-round leg-end, so I think it's safe to celebrate his announcement here ;)

5. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    bill nighy!!!
    of course,this being a showmasters event,we'll wait until the actual day to get excited,but...
    woo!

6. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    True, but from my vast experience that can be said of any other show and show organiser :p
    Only time will tell, but I'm more excited by the Heroes guests then anything right now :D

7. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    see,i wouldn't know anything about that... having not seen a single episode of what could potentially be a life-changing experience for me.
    if only there was someone i knew who had a couple of episodes lying around...?
    and an AT-ST...

8. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Looks like it will be fun

9. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I'll be getting the title of this thread change as the new date for the show is September 1st-2nd and it'll be at Earl's Court 1, not the usual EC2.

There will also be a celebration of the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars at the show, with the Jason Joiner/Gray Kurtz collection (or parts of it) on display, and of cause lots of other guests, talks and dealer tables (and maybe more).

Currently there are no plans for a FanForce table, but there may be another opportunity to showcase some of our fan art and maybe get some promotion for the FanForce in some shape and form.

Stay tuned folks ;)

For all the latest guest news, check out the LF&CC'07 forum at the Showmasters board:
    LF&CC'07

10. LadyPoison

LadyPoison Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2006
    I wanna go :D Never been to Earl's Court before, can anyone recommend the best relatively cheap hotel to stay in near the event? :)

11. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Not sure, but try www.activehotels.com and search for 'Earl's Court', there may be one or two bargins on there ;)

Will be great to see you there Laura............. I shouldn't say this but you could almost be Koren's sister from the West, lol.

EDIT: Just make sure you book for Sept 1st-2nd, not the 8th-9th. I know Tim has a history of getting the dates wrong for this one too :p

12. LadyPoison

Jul 30, 2006

Who/what is Koren?! I'm easily confused :oops:

Which hotel are you other FF peeps staying in? I wanna make sure i'm staying same place as everyone else this time to avoid long treks home after pubbing like at CE :p

13. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Koren was the Scout Trooper running around on Saturday on behalf of the FanForce, with her hubby Matt the Stromtrooper ;)

I'll be commutting but I think Tim will be staying at a hotel so might be worth asking him what his plans are :)

14. LadyPoison

Jul 30, 2006
    ooooh yay I remember Koren!! :D

15. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    who could forget koren...?
    and her ratties.
    ;)

16. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    We haven't had rats in years! Its ferrets you oxygen thief!
    Laura, you could stay at ours for free and get a lift in the car. Save you money and the worry of having to treck everywhere on foot, although we're about a 15 to 20 minute drive from earls court. Alternatively, if you wanna pay for a hotel there should be pleanty around. There better be some SW guests announced.

Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh!

:D

17. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    I have another sister!? (Well my dad was a big ol slapper so you never know).
    You're staying at ours Laura, you can also meet your nieces and nephews too. [face_dancing]
    Might have a spare jedi too if you wanna wear it.
    Shouold have started this by saying hello again aunty Laura, can you fix my arm please, lol.

18. VenHalcyon

VenHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2005
    The best local hotel for Earls Court is the IBIS btw, it's certainly the closest if you ignore all the smaller one man band hotels that are in and arond Earls Court, and it's nicer than the dump of a place next to it, :D

I'm coming down to this one - just cross posting a thread over from the North board to see if anyone else from the North is coming. As yet - not sure what my accomodation will be, but would be cool to grab some drinks, coffee or lunch with any FFers coming along!

19. LadyPoison

Jul 30, 2006
    oooh forgot this thread was here! :p
    Awww thanks for the invite to stay with you guys!! Not sure what i'm doing yet, tis all a bit money dependant cos i don't wanna go unless i have money to spend on pretty things, and after CE my cash situation isn't looking too pretty :p Will have to see nearer the time me thinks!!

20. VenHalcyon

VenHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2005
    Well, looks like Lord Tice is being pimped and pimping himself for this event? ;)

What was that about free signings dude? :D

Do you guys have a list of those going? I'm definitely going to be there like, so been good to try invade FF:London - do lunch or some such!

21. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Hopefully the organisers will take on-board our input :D

They've now added/combined this event with Sportmania, a sporting version of Collectormania if you will.

22. Leia-Organa

Leia-Organa Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2005
    Hey guys

I'm keen to go in costume for this, so if you decide to dress up let me know, and we can all go in together.
    I dont wanna look like a weirdo on the tube dressed as princess leia - by myself!

23. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    I'm not going as Leia as well, it'll scare people :p

24. LadyPoison

Jul 30, 2006
    Hehe noooo Tim, you've gotta be an ewok!! :p

I'm dressing up, but it'll be a non-Star Wars costume! :(

25. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    So not only are you getting me to surf down South (in clean southern waters absent of true hard stuff Northern radioactive gunge) in an ewok costume, but now riding the tube as a small furry creature!! Pest control anyone? Do you want me dead? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.