main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

London Film & Comic Con, Sept 1 - 2nd '07

Discussion in 'London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VenHalcyon

VenHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2005
    LP - what are you dressing up as then if i might ask?

I'll be dressing up as...me - in shorts! :D

2. LadyPoison

LadyPoison Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2006
    Hehe I'll be going as Alice from the puter game of the same name (Evil Alice in Wonderland sorta character with a big knife!)! Had the costume hanging around at home for ageees and been saving it for Halloween, but this will be far more entertaining :D

3. VenHalcyon

Apr 26, 2005
    hehe - should be fun! There's usually plenty of people dressed up as the LFCC!

4. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Just been checking Earl's Court main site and no mention of LFCC in the [link=http://www.eco.co.uk/visitors/whatson/]events list[/link] [face_thinking]

5. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Yep, there's been some discussion about that on the SM forums. They think it's down to Earls Court not updating the events listing.....well, let's hope so anyway ;)

6. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Just thinking back to what happened with Gmex - and how the venue didn't realise they had an event on lol.

7. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Now you're getting me worried Tim :p
    I'm sure it'll be fine, I just hope we can get some kind of answer with the exhibition and table soon.

8. VenHalcyon

Apr 26, 2005
    That thread's not moved since I posted - or hadn't yesterday!

I need to get some accomodation sorted for when I come down!

9. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    It's nearly upon us!!

Hardly surprising, but Bill Nighy has cancelled. Still no word from Showmaster whether we can have a FanForce table and/or Fan Art exhibition either :(

10. LadyPoison

Jul 30, 2006
    Yea sucks that he cancelled, ah well plenty more guests though and i'm sure we'll all still have fun :D

11. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Seems unlikely I can make this event, pity :(

Still, there's always next time.
    Hopefully I can go to Empire Day instead.

12. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Hmm I was hoping to make this one, though I'm not sure my finances will stretch to another stint in London so soon after CE :(
    Crazy train prices and i'm only an hour away!

13. LadyPoison

Jul 30, 2006
    Aww where ya travelling from? Look for cheap pre-booked tickets! join us! :D

14. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    From jolly ole' Cambridge :p over-priced and overrated! You think they'd let us off with the ticket prices! :( not a bad idea with the pre-book though, stupidly I didn't think of that :oops:

15. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Shame that you can't make it Blue, but understandable. Still no word on whether we can have a fan art exhibition which is a nuisance and very disappointing. Argh well, we'll try again for another show ;)

I'm not sure what time I'll be arriving on Saturday. I'll be coming with my Uncle and Aunt, so doubt it'll be that early knowing them :p
    I think Sunday though will be the busier day given the top guests they have coming on Sunday only.

16. antderviso

antderviso Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2007
    Hey guys. this will be my first comic con. I know the situation aboust guests etc but will they have stands selling items (Star wars stuff like Celebration Europe had)?

17. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Welcome to the boards antderviso :D
    Yeah, LFCC has lots of vendors at the show, but not usually the official companies such as Lucasarts, WOTC/Hasbro etc. Expect more local UK-based vendors with varied stuff for sale, it's not a SW con so it'll be a mixed bag.

So - are we meeting up then as a FF group?
    And who is actually going to this?

Matt/Koren - you two coming? Any of the Delta Source mob?

Matt (LT) - I am there from Friday till Monday daytime. If you want to meet up, that would be cool ...

And no worries on table/art display - hopefully SM will be more interested next time. Shame, but nothing you can do. You worked enough on getting it going :cool:

18. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Greetings antderviso :)
    As Tim said, there will most definitely be dealers there. From what I've heard though, due to this show being in Earls Court 1 rather then the usual Earls Court 2, the dealers will be spread out a fair bit in different places, so you'll need a good walk round the venue just to make sure you don't miss anything ;)

Tim, I wont be around on Friday due to prior engagements but I'll be around pretty much all of Saturday and I'll be staying over-night at a local hotel, so I'll be around in the evening too and of cause all-day Sunday. When I find out at what time we'll roughly be arriving on Saturday I'll let you know.
    It is a shame about the fan tributes plans being shelved (we assume) but Jamie said he'll try and speak to Jason during LF&CC and find out what happened with it and the possibilties of it actually happening at future (possibly Empire Day) shows.

19. antderviso

antderviso Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2007
    Thanks guys.

I ran out of money at Excel so was unable to pick up a few items that I wanted. Hopefully I can pick them up here.

20. LadyPoison

Jul 30, 2006
    I'll be there Friday to Monday.... but you already know that :p

21. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Matt - cool, just let me know and I'll let you know where we are. Going to be interesting being at this con from a punter point of view :)

Laura - *cancels booking* :p

Hehe.

22. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    My plans have changed slightly. My Uncle & Aunt can no longer make it ( :( ), so I wont be staying the night at a hotel. None the less, I will still be there on Saturday (I aim to arrive for around 10-10:30) and Sunday (all day). What's more, I can now spend all my time with my fellow FanForcers....you lucky people! :p

23. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    We don't want you now [face_talk_hand] [face_not_talking]

We want Jamie! We want Jamie! We want ... wait ... :p

But seriously, will be great to see you again, and Jamie too ;)
    And Matt and Koren better come or I'll cry ... Where are you M+K?

24. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Fine, I'll just stay in the corner with Billy Nomates :p

Jamie can only make it on Sunday due to his jet-setting lifestyle of endless holidays. At least there'll be no one to annoy the comic book artists on Saturday ;)
    I'll get on the blower to see if and when M&K will be turning up. I think Sunday is gearing up to be the better of the two days, which is quite unusal for LF&CC so if M&K can make it for Sunday then we should have a good turn-out :D

25. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    It's a definant no from me i'm afraid :( I went and did something stupid - like putting a deposit down on a house.

Shame about the fan art related stuff too :( I'd like to hear what happened with those arrangements, oh well they hold these ones more often than most events so there is always next time :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.