main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga Lonely World - Songfic - Dooku immediately after AotC ~Thanks for the Award!~ *huggles*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kynstar, Dec 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    OK with all these songfics floating around I couldn't resist. This hit me on the way back from grocery shopping. So it was kind'a rushed hehehe but thought I'd share it though.

This is a lil piggy back on 'One Last Hope' but happens right after Dooku gives Sidious the Deathstar plans. Song is from Limp Bizkit Lonely World
    All rights belong to George Lucas. I'm only borrowing the Count for a few.

Title: Lonely World
    Author: Kynstar
    Timeframe: Right after AotC
    Characters: Dooku
    Summary: The Count realizes there is nothing left for him to ever go back to.
    Notes: Only one bad word due to song

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I reminisce ignorance was bliss,
    Back in the days where the magic exist
    Never be the same as it was, ?cuz the way it was
    Just another day in the maze of a myth
    Had a lot of fun living life on the run,
    Never had a chance to pause to get a better glance
    Everything was free and everything was fast
    Never even thought it wouldn't last
    When you go the mind of a man in the middle
    Life is just a big fat riddle, so figure it out
    Always thinking that you know
    Everything little thing there is to know
    Buy you don't really know, ya know?
    It's like love, some people get it
    For some it's just a glove that just never fitted
    For me it's just a pain in the ass
    But I'm addicted to the taste of hopin' it could last

The tall man stood observing the spires of the Jedi Temple that were barely seen in the distance. Memories and thoughts clashed against each other as lightning streaked across the lit sky and thunder could be heard in the distance.

A storm approaches?on both fronts. A pause as he looked up into the sky and allowed the starting rain to drip on to his face. Within seconds drizzle of moisture began to fall from the heavy dark clouds.

He continued to stand there with his eyes closed as the water started dampening his short white hair and beard while also causing his exquisite clothing to turn a darker shade.

Black eyebrows furrowed and eyes snapped open as a loud sigh mixed with a new clashing of thunder and lightning. The man lowered his head just enough to observe the Temple once more. He did not believe me. I gambled and lost. I would have thought that after Qui-Gon's demise?he would have believed. Is the young man as blind as the Council? I would have assumed under my old Padawan's tutelage that he would not be as blind to what could be.

As if the storm felt the ex-Jedi's mood, the rain began to fall harder and the thundering became louder. The path I took was chosen unwisely. I was a fool to have believed the Sith Lord. Why did I not realize the dangers? I knew fully well what that?abomination was capable of doing. His face tightened with anguish at the past he lived prior to leaving the Order. He secretly wished he could turn back time and stay with the Order, but he knew that would have been folly. Regardless of his leaving the Order was doomed. They are fools?I told them of the corruption, my Padawan told them even the possibility of the Siths' return; but no they would not listen. A growl left him as he lowered his head once more. I am alone now?no where to go. No where to turn.

Another day another night inside a lonely world
    Another game another fight inside a lonely world
    Another wrong another right inside a lonely world
    Such a lonely world, such a lonely world
    Who's the man (the man in the middle)
    Maybe I'm a target for people that are bitter
    At least I can say that I've never been a quitter

The regal Count shook his head. Messenger boy?middle man?that is all I am to my Master now. The plans are laid out; soon he will have no further use for me. There is nothing left for me but ash. The fires are already burning and waiting for my corpse, but will there even be a corpse left to burn? His eyes are on the brat?the Jedi's so called 'Chosen One'. Oh yes, he's their 'Chosen One' all right! He will bring total destruction upon t

2. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    great job! i loved this!! i think that songfic challenge has inspired some people! :D

really loved the Count's thoughts--that he's not in this for the same reasons as Sidious (to destroy the Jedi out of pure hate & revenge...), but that he's got his own motivations behind what he's done. Also really cool that he recognizes his role and how soon it will end...so awesome! :)

wonderful interpretation of the song!

3. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    I remember sensing Dooku's conflict in the movie, but also knew that he had definitely crossed over. He had already been the cause of deaths. Though he had hesitated striking Obi-Wan down he knew his own place in the galaxy was sealed. Once you cross over there is little turning back.

Nice vignette.

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Really, really good songfic! You portrayed his conflict very well. Take a bow!

5. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    I may not have what I had before, but I will do what I can with what I have on hand. One way or another I will see the old Republic restored?even if it means the total destruction of the Order. The dark eyes flamed as they observed the Jedi Temple's spires one last time. He knew he would never find solace there?ever again.

Oh, this was chilling, Kynstar. Well done!! :)

6. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    This was beautiful padawan -- wonderful job portraying Dooku's conflicting emotions here :)

7. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    That was so beautiful and tragic, paddy sis! Loved the part where Dooku states his disappointment that Qui was not there to help him and see through the deceptions and that Obi-Wan was not open minded enough to see.

Beautiful description of the rain and Coruscant, I felt like I was right by his side. So tragic, that he is so alone and he realizes that Sidious has his eye on the 'Chosen One' You can just feel his conflicted emotions as he is drenched in the rain. More grocery shopping ;)

8. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    SarkaVrae
    Yep I was listening to my CD when that song came on and I was like...hey that could reflect with my poor baby after he gave the plans to Sid due to his tangle with his Grand Pad and Great Grand Pad besides his old Master.

No...I always believed that he left the Order to better the Republic in his own way ;)

Yep and I can't see how he doesn't realize what plans Sid has...but the book Dark Rendezvous proved that he is aware of Sid's liking for Anakin. He knows his days are numbered :_|

SkalenFehl
    Yes he has fallen and been as such for a while. He knew the costs, but I believed he ignored what the full consequences would eventually lead too.

And now he fully realizes and knows there is no going back. Thanks for reading!!

VaderLVR64
    Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it :D

Gina
    Oh I am happy somebody picked up on that! :D I was hoping somebody would ;) Because I truly believe that sums up the Count to a 'T'. He would and will do anything to return the Republic to its old Glory. Even kill old comrades if need be.

Hey Master! Thanks! Glad you are still enjoying my take on the poor misunderstood man! ;) hehehehe

t_s
    Yeah :( he has nobody to turn to...no Padawan or Master (Though as we read in Dark Rendezvous Yoda did try and nearly succeeded ... Blast Palps and his 'idea'!!! :mad:)

He also knows he can never return to the Temple.

Yeah Obi is strict to the Code and I perceive him as one of those 'believe it when I see it' types. Well Obi...boy are you going to see it for sure in Ep III!! hehehehe

Yeah our lusty Count knows his time is drawing near. But he will continue to do his best in righting the wrongs even though in a twisted sort of way...

He will rebuild the Republic from scratch if need be.

I sooo hate shopping! *Snrk* But it is funny how things like plot bunnies hit you when doing things you despise! hehehe

9. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    You know, I wouldn't have put that song with Dooku. But it worked wonderfully! And you did it justice, so I just want to say "Well done!" You're a talented writer.

10. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    Very nice to see Dooku on these boards! Nice songfic.

11. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Bad bunnies! *swats at a stray bunny* See what ya did, Kynstar? :p

Great job. I know you love your Dooku and you do such an amazing job with characterization! Wonderful work. :D

12. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    AnakinsHeir
    Hey thanks! Yeah I heard it on the way home and the idea hit me. :D

I thought it fit almost perfectly for that scene and his introspecting.

[face_blush] Awww shucks... thanks!

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon
    Oh yeah! Always good to add the Count to the picture around here sometimes! [face_love] Thanks for reading!

VaderMistress
    Hehehe! Got'em nipping at your heels too? I hate when that happens myself! ;)

Thanks! Glad you like my take on the Count!
    Yep yep I can't help but admire and adore the man![face_love]

13. MysteriousRaven13

MysteriousRaven13 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Ah, man, Kynstar, I can't believe I haven't notice this story until now. Stupid, stupid me!!! :mad: :D

Another Dooku story. :D I love it, but it seemed so sad. After reading this, I will probably get back to writing my 3 Dooku stories. Maybe.

An hour passed slowly as the storm lessened its wail. As if on a timer, the leader of the Confederacy of Independent Systems pulled himself to his full height and regained his composure. I may not have what I had before, but I will do what I can with what I have on hand. One way or another I will see the old Republic restored?even if it means the total destruction of the Order. The dark eyes flamed as they observed the Jedi Temple's spires one last time. He knew he would never find solace there?ever again.

I just love this paragraph, Kynstar. Kinda sends shivers up my spine. :D

14. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hehehe no prob MysteriousRaven13 :D I'm glad you liked this take too.

Yes it is sad... his one last shot was juz that 'shot' down the drain. Obi did not believe him so he has no where else to turn. He has to swallow his dreams and go with the flow. He can only hope that maybe...(yeah right...suuuuuure not so with Palps!) Palpatine won't screw the Republic up too much more.

What hurts the most is his pride has been stomped on. He believed in a man...and that turned out wrong. His 'good intentions' was used against him. And Palps is just doing that 'using' him. :_| His dreams smothered; he can never get the Republic back on its feet like in the olden days. And he can not turn his back on his Master cuz Sid would make him suffer terribly *shudders* to even imagine what all a Sith can do to an apprentice that failed. Uh uh donna wanna think about it! hehehehe

Thanks for reading!! [:D] glad you enjoyed it!

15. MistiWhitesun

MistiWhitesun Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    Sweet job! Really shows the bitter conflict within Dooku, knowing he's doomed either way, but not knowing which way he should go?

:D

Keep writing!

16. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Great fic, Kyn. You've done a wonderful job of getting inside Dooku's head, going through what he's considering. It really makes one wonder if Qui-Gon would have listened to him, or if the Padawan would have believed the Council over his former Master.

Great references to DR, by the way.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

17. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    MistiWhitesun
    Yep poor guy. I so feel for Dooku some times! [face_blush] All right! All the time! [face_laugh]

Thanks for swinging by, glad you enjoyed it!

Tych_sel
    Thanks! One has to wonder what goes thru the guy's mind sometimes due to the fact that he was a Jedi for soooo long prior to 'Sithing'.

I too wonder if Qui would have joined him...guess we'll never know! But that's what fanfic is for! Yay [face_dancing] for fanfic! :D

Thanks for reading!

18. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    [face_blush] I wanted to thank those who nominated this viggie! [:D] *Warm fuzzy feelings* I'm so thrilled you all enjoyed this take of the Count! :D

19. Charmisjess

Charmisjess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2003
    Kyn, have I mentioned to you lately your brilliance?!?!

Oooooh, that's such a lovely fic!!!!! :_| =D=

I love your Dook, and the whole watching the Temple in the rain is just so fitting and perfect. I love how the storm sort of follows the dialogue of emotions in the Count, very nicely done there. Ooh, and, so sad, our poor Dook, but it was so beautifully written, you've done a splendid job. :)

20. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004

[face_blush] Thank you dear! That's so sweet of you to say, I'm glad you liked the storm part. I thought it would be a nifty touch in echoing the Count's turmoil there for a few. Poor Dooku indeed ;) He needs some extra TLC, eh? ;) We should have a Hug Dooku day :D [:D]

Thanks for reading! I'm thrilled you enjoyed it!

21. Exeter

Exeter Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    That was excellent, Kynstar. You really do seem to have a talent for getting at Dooku's internal thoughts.

I really enjoyed this section:

His eyes are on the brat?the Jedi's so called 'Chosen One'. Oh yes, he's their 'Chosen One' all right! He will bring total destruction upon the Order?are the Council so blind?

That was perfect :D

22. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Thanks! [:D] Glad you enjoyed it!

I thought that particular part was appropriate of him to think of Anakin as such. I think he could tell that Anakin was destined to fall in one manner or another. :( Sad but true, moreso than even he believed possible.

23. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Thanks so much faithful readers for the award! [:D] The Count and I are celebrating on Chandrila and convey our heartfelt appreciation! @};- I am juz glad I have the opportunity to show and reflect my views on the fallen Jedi. Thanks so much for reading and I am so pleased it was enjoyed by you all! [:D]

24. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    The ex-Jedi lowered his head once more as tears slowly began mixing with the moisture from the falling rain. His hair was drenched and plastered even closer to his head, the clothing sticking to him like a second layer of skin. I am truly alone?no one would ever want to take me back after all that I have done. For I have gone too far this time. No small Master to help me back on my feet?No Padawan to be my guiding Light.

that part was sad:_| (and i cant believe im crying for a sith lord who is not anakin) but i always had and i always will have the idea that dooku was honest about his intention of bringing honesty back to the republic,i always had the idea that he meant well but with palpatine on the mix anything good you want is turned into something bad :mad:

25. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    Nice work there Kyns! [face_batting]
    =D= =D=
    :_| Rather sad at parts though I will say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.