main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Saga - Legends Long & Winding Path (DDC 2018). Updated 2 times month.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 1, 2018.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by WarmNyota_Sweet Ayesha

Genre: Action, humor, character growth.

Disclaimer: Borrowing for fun.

AN: This is for the DDC 2018.
    Characters: Miara Larten, Kaeden her sister, Ahsoka, Bail Organa.

Notes: Miara appears in the novel Ahsoka & in an SW anthology. :cool:

~~~~!!

Entry #1

I cannot believe the Empire has been defeated! I know there are some mop-up operations and the New Republic, as it will doubtless be called, is by no means established. Things are too chaotic and unsettled. But for those of us who never thought to live to see this day, or doubted if we'd live to see tomorrow at all, it is an indescribable triumph!

It makes me want to reflect on how far I've come, along with my sister and the family I've gathered to this point.

++++++

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    interesting beginning

3. gaarastar58

gaarastar58 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2010
    Is this set right after ROTJ? If it is I'm excited as we haven't really seen much about the end of the empire.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    The thread lacks a prefix, so I'm slightly confused about that, too. [face_thinking]

And looks like I'll have to read the Ahsoka novel now - been putting it off since I have not seen The Clone Wars and finished Rebels yet...but hey, who cares...this happens between those, anyway. As for the anthology, would that be From a Certain Point of View, perchance? If so, I need to get my hands on that. More strong female characters FTW!

I get that this is Miara's POV...?

Sorry for asking so many questions.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] I was going to edit the title with a prefix but now am waiting for the Thread Tools to work again. Yes, this is Miara's POV. And reading Ahsoka will be a blast and not be confusing or get you lost if you haven't finished Rebels. :)

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes this is Miara's POV and "Ahsoka" will not leave one confused for events in Rebels or Clone Wars. It's a stand-alone.
    "From a Certain Point of View" was a great read indeed.
    I will be fixing prefixing once Thread Tools is functioning again. ;)

7. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I didn't reply to this?

Short, sweet and filled with cautious hope. :)

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D Exactly how I see Miara. :cool:

AzureAngel2, Lady_Misty and Ewok Poet like this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    #2:
    Vartan was cautiously optimistic about my contribution on the Raada work gang. But my skills with electronics: constructing and fixing, proved invaluable. Equipment was forever breaking down and in need of repair. It helped productivity and the group's stats rose to one of the highest.

He gave me a light workload at first but increased it as he saw I was able to handle things.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  10. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Glad that Vartan eventually trused Miara. :)

11. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    You actually gave me the inspiration to start my own diary to keep my mind occupied from all the bad things that are happening in my life at present! Thank you!

Now about your own diary: it is filled with sweetness and fascinating characters already! I hope I can be a regular reader!

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    she is great with electronics and glad she gets more work

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ashla was a recent arrival on Raada. She was a Togrutan mechanic. I and Kaeden introduced ourselves.
    "I found this house fortunately when I arrived. The former occupatns were about to leave on an emergency so it would be vacant for who knows how long." Ashla told us. "This door mechanism isn't working right."

"I can fix that. Secure it against any and all intruders." I promised. "Even put an explosive security option in the installation. With the transient seasonal workers coming and going from space knows where, you can never be too cautious."
    She smiled gratefully. "I would appreciate that very much, Miara."

"And the krelling Empire isn't adverse to popping in for unannounced inspections." Caeden added with an exasperated sigh.

This offhand comment made Ashla give Caeden a sharp look. "Does that happen often?" She pressed in a tone that I could only describe as urgent.

"Not really. Every few months or so, you just never know when is all." Caeden said.

I wondered briefly what Ashla might be worried about in regards to the Imps showing up, then shrugged it off. Probably nothing serious. Even if you didn't have anything specific to hide, who wanted those officious officers and stormtroopers barging in and asking all kinds of questions just to prove they were "in control"? Maybe her family had suffered losses under the Empire. Wouldn't be the first or last we'd heard of. More than one refugee family had shown up on Raada. Caeden and I certainly could attest to that, having done so ourselves. Whatever Ashla had to share, if anything, hopefully she would eventually feel safe enough with Caeden and I do confide in us.

Something else I promised her was that I'd put in a good word with Vartan. He could always use another mechanic on the team.

++++

AzureAngel2, Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  14. It Is Your Destiny

It Is Your Destiny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2014
    This is a splendid diary, and mechanics make great characters IMO. Entry #3 reveals much. I hope to attempt a diary at some point... reading yours can only inspire, as it did for Azure. I'll have to get my hands on the 'Ahsoka' novel. I absolutely adored 'From a Certain Point of View'. Nice work on your first three entries. =D= Keep it coming!

15. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I am utterly unfamiliar with these characters, but it's an interesting start! Especially that the Empire is prone to show up unannounced for searches, and yet they are (supposedly) in defeat. A time full of upheaval and uncertainty, as well as hope.

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. :D The start of the story takes place during the OT. The prologue takes place after and half the diary will take place after ROTJ. Thus, the narrator is having a flashback series of entries at first. So at this point, the Empire is dominant. these characters were introduced in the "Ahsoka" novel. :)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    AzureAngel2, Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  17. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, I love these characters and I love that you are doing a Diary featuring them. I've always wondered what happened to the sisters post-novel, and this is off to an excellent start. [face_thinking] =D=

Please tag me as you go with this one, too. :D [:D]

18. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Love the idea of a character named Ashla! How appropriate...and how brave in the Imperial world, whoa! Plus she's badass and compassionate. [face_love]

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

About 2 months later, something startling happened.

A Star Destroyer suddenly arrived with a garrison attached.

"What could they want?" Kaeden wondered during midday meal.
    Vartan answered: "They want to grow a crop that sucks nutrients from the soil, as a deterrent to independent trade. They want to gain a monopoly on foodstuffs export."

Hoban, a farmer attached to Vartan's crew, scowled. "That's criminal!"

Vartan rolled his eyes. "Yeah but since the Empire's doing it, I guess it falls under a different definition."

After shift that day, Hoban approached me and Kaeden and said he was thinking it would be a good idea to sabotage the Empire's plans somehow, and that I could be of help with that because of my explosives/mechanical talents.

I frowned. "Yeah and if it gets out ... we'll be in more trouble than we know what to do with!"

"Then we'll just have to make sure not to be." He answered.

Kaeden, ever careful, said we'd think about it.

"Well don't take too long." He said.

Coincidentally, it was during this same time that I noticed Ashla making surreptitious inquiries and trips out of town.

When I asked her about it, she gave an overly casual shrug and said she'd tell Kaeden and I all about it after work that evening.
    It turned out that she was organizing a bit of sabotage as well. Kaeden and I trusted her more than Hoban so we decided to go along with her plans.

+++

Kahara, AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    sabotage is the way to go against the empire. Nice plans

21. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Beastie Boys - Sabotage.mp3 [face_devil]

Now that I have read some stuff about Miara, one has to wonder if this is BEFORE or AFTER Yavin...[face_thinking]

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

Ashla drew me to the side one evening after-shift.

"Can you make these?" She slipped a diagram to me on a slip of flimsiplast.

I looked it over carefully.

"Acid bombs ..." I murmured thoughtfully. "What would these be used for?"

Ashla's eyes glittered as she answered: "Disable the Imperial walkers."

I felt a thrill of excitement! Yes, I could do it and it would be a devastating blow to the Imps! I nodded eagerly.

"I'll have them for you by week's end."

She gave a satisfied nod and we parted with utter casualness to any onlookers who might be wondering what we were in a huddle over.

++++

Kahara, AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    There's going to be some smashin', all right... :D

25. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Mechanics that do not only like to fix things but blow them apart now & then. Sabine would like that. ;)