main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Saga - Legends Long & Winding Path (DDC 2018). Updated 2 times month.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ooooh, and the scheme thickens!! I love seeing these familiar scenes from Miara's POV. She's eager to make a stand - understandably so, and now she has a clear opportunity to do so. It's going to be a ride from here on out!

Wonderful few updates, Nyota! :) =D=

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004

Neera, Hoban, Kolvin, Kaeden and I were clustered around the outskirts of the Imperial garrison.

Ashla bustled up and whispered urgently: "Give me the tibana bombs."

I reached into my satchel and a glint of durasteel caught the lights.

Ashla's eyes sharpened. "What's that?"

Hoban and I exchanged glances.

I had been making explosive devices on the sly.

Ashla's voice was cold. "Do you want to ruin everything?!" She said, honing in on Hoban. She knew the scheme had to have arisen from him, not me.

He glowered back.

Suddenly, a trooper appeared, demanding what we were doing there.

Hoban fired a blaster, and Kaeden grabbed a detonator and lobbed it at him.

Now we were in for it!

Ashla pushed us behind her and in a whirl of motion disarmed the trooper and smashed his comlink under her boot.

The klaxon started to sound.

"Get your selves to Selda's Cantina." She told the rest of us. "Hurry."

She sprinted away and as my sister and I left, we saw a flare of brilliant light ...

A lightsaber?!

...in her hand.

Who was this Ashla? More than we'd certainly expected!

++++++

:cool:

Kahara, AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I turn around and you update two things. :p

Now I'm more curious about Ashla's identity than it's sane. I have a couple of ideas, but I am not going to say anything...yet. ;)

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I am curious, too, and might regularly check on this one! :D

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

Hours later, Ashla rejoined us and told us we needed to hide out in caves she'd provisioned during off-shift hours for just such a contingency. "With the Empire," She said ruefully, "You have to be prepared even for the unlikely and improbable."

Hoban scowled and Neera gave Ashla a speculative look. "Who are you?" She demanded. "And why should we do what you say?"

Kaeden scowled and interrupted: "Look any one who is not a friend of the Empire is someone I am willing to trust. Ashla has reasons to keep her sabacc hand close and it's probably better if we don't know the details."

Ashla gave Kaeden an approving nod. "Definitely better for every one's well-being."

Vartan peered at Ashla closely. "We're not so back of beyond out here that we haven't heard of Anakin Skywalker and his team of valiant Jedi handling the Separatists and their goons. There was a Togruta following in his shadow as I recall from the holo-Net. Tano, I think she was called."

I gasped. Ahsoka, Kenobi, and Skywalker, and their squads of Clone Troopers -- yes, even I had heard of their victories.

But after the Empire had clamped down on the Jedi, it had been assumed that they'd been neutralized ...

A grimace of pain crossed Ashla's features as she gave Vartan a measuring look and neither affirmed nor disavowed his conclusion.

++++

;)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    Kahara, Ewok Poet and AzureAngel2 like this.
  7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks that I am allowed to read this before going to bed. [:D]

I gasped. Ahsoka, Kenobi, and Skywalker, and their squads of Clone Troopers -- yes, even I had heard of their victories.

But after the Empire had clamped down on the Jedi, it had been assumed that they'd been neutralized ...

Surprise, surprise!

8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Whoa. I read something different from "clamped" and my weird brain still thought it was A-OK.

I can sort of imagine Ashla with this poker face.

Darn, she's taking over the diary and it's not even hers. :p

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Ashla is all knowing it seems

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

It's a wonder that in all the crazy things that just transpired I didn't lose this datapadd and/or have it taken. An Inquisitor showed up and started interrogating everyone. Neera foolishly stood up to him defiantly as did Hoban and they were taken into custody. Ashla laid low until Kaeden was taken and then she showed up and took down the Inquisitor's forces in fine warrior style.

Suddenly, Star Cruisers arrived and started an evacuation. Kaeden and I were taken aboard the Tantive IV captained by a Ramus Antilles of Alderaan.

We've settled into refugee camps on this lovely peaceful world. I can scarcely believe all that's happened. It's surreal!

I wonder if I'll ever be able to see "home" again... or if we'll ever encounter Ashla again. I and Kaeden owe her our lives, literally. In all the flurry we never got a chance to thank her properly.

Kaeden says this is our home now. I want to feel at home, but I feel on edge, like I can't quite let my guard down.

+++++

11. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    YIKES. This is where it gets scary, all right? First an Inquisitor and then...well, not just ANY ship, but THE ship. Gulp, good luck!

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yikes, staying on Alderaan. It's still there but...

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    #9:

The Viceroy's closest aide heard of the sympathies my sister and I had for the Rebellion and so he sent for the 2 of us to invite us to join a covert resistance. Kaeden and I eagerly and willingly joined, although we had no illusions about the real dangers that might result.

Our contact was someone named Fulcrum. At one point, we met her in person and a Captain Syndulla. To our amazement, it was "Ashla" who went by the mysterious name of Fulcrum.

Instead of minimizing the level of trust, our shared history only increased it.

As time went by, I started to develop an affinity for flying star fighters and took to the A-wing in lieu of the X-wing.

Kaeden was involved in munitions and explosives detection and disarmament.

++++++

:cool: !!!

Kahara, Ewok Poet and AzureAngel2 like this.
  14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And so the resistance is growing and getting able people

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I canĀ“t believe that real life made me miss so many updates. But I am still following it, intrigued as I am.

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    #10:

Kaeden and I were caught up keeping as many jumps ahead of the Empire as we could. We had just evacuated the Rebel base on Dantooine and were headed back to Yavin IV when we got an encrypted message from Fulcrum. It said: "Heads up you two, so you won't be vaped with the news. The Death Star plans were successfully grabbed and hopefully can be deciphered, but they were able to make an example of a world, Alderaan."

My stomach plummeted! That gorgeous, peaceful world, all those lives... Had any of the Organa family survived?

When we landed, we were relieved to find that Leia had survived, even though shockingly she'd been on the Death Star, but had been rescued by the most improbable "team". As I sized them up, never in my wildest imagination would I think that they would be capable of such a thing ...

Only to be thrown totally when the young novice pilot with the incredible blue eyes actually dealt the destructive blow to the Death Star, taking advantage of a flaw that I had a sneaking suspicion was not accidentally put in...

Felt like deliberate sabotage, a stroke of quiet courage ...

During the bittersweet but still very jubilant medal ceremony that followed, Kaeden and I observed from the sidelines, happy to be safe, but willing to be used in whatever capacity we could.

++++

:cool:

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice to see them surviving and helping the rebellion

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

Kaeden and I moved along the fringes of the Alliance during the Battle of Hoth and that on Endor. We helped mostly with recon and retrieval.

Now that the Empire has been dealt a death-blow with the loss of the Emperor and Vader, we can have a bit of breathing space. Not that we can let our guard down completely, of course. But we, as so many, can begin to try to live "normal" lives. Do we even know what that feels like anymore? I find myself wondering.

I look forward to finding out.

Fortunately, piloting and technical know-how are skills high in demand even in non-military contexts.

Kaeden and I will be settling on Ossus.

Now that this path is closed, I will be sealing this log.

It has been rewarding reliving my adventures through these entries.

++++++
    Fin

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice to see them settle on a Jedi-planet where they will be appreciated for their skills
    Great ending of a nice diary

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    This is indeed a nice ending for a very intriguing diary.

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.