main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Looking for Fics?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jeditheskyisblue, Jan 25, 2004.

1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Hey, Merkuria, do you know where Pebbles' site with the one where H/L/kids go to Endor when she gets pregnant with a fourth kid and it's really creepy is?

2. merkuria

merkuria Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2004
    That's the fic but I didn't realise that Pebbles had a site!

I wasn't able to come up with anything when I typed 'Pebbles' 'Exile' 'Star Wars' into Google, but since both Pebbles and Exile aren't really unusual search terms I got so many results that it was impossible to look through all of them... :)

Does anyone know the address for the site?

3. Tatooine_native

Tatooine_native Jedi Master star 1

Sep 6, 2003
  4. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    the fic is defintly completley in post TPM pre AOTC. I may have seen it on FF.net though...

5. merkuria

Jan 2, 2004
    Thanks tatooine_native -I'll have a look there. :)

6. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I'm looking for a fic where Obi-Wan is a seer. its after TPM and Qui-Gon is still alive and training Anakin.

Does anyone know where it is? i wish to reread it.

Edit: at least i think its something like that. i haven't read it in a long time.

7. MysteriousRaven13

MysteriousRaven13 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2003
    jacen200015

I think this might be what your looking for. It's by Sameri Blue on fanfiction.net

1. Instrument of the force
    2. Eyes in the Force
    3. In the Arms of the Force

In this Obi-Wan does become something of a seer while Qui-Gon goes on to train Anakin.

8. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    no one found the one im looking for yet, have they? :_|

9. merkuria

Jan 2, 2004
    Still no luck finding Pebbles' 'Exile' and the fic 'The Dreams' (author unknown)... Checked the fanfic archive here but nothing.

I have managed to find another story by Pebbles though, which includes an email address so I might just contact her/him.

10. Lady_Rapacious

Lady_Rapacious Jedi Master

Feb 20, 2004
    2. I read a story a last year, and I lost it. It was when Qui-Gon survived TPM and trained Anakin. But Obi-Wan got himself injured and nearly killed and was in a coma and met his mother in the Force who told him the truth about the Chosen One. I cant seem to find it anywhere.

By chance, has anyone found this fic yet? I'm still interested in this one, and I think JediAngela is also looking for this one.

11. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    im just upping this. is anyone looking? :_|

12. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    I haven't found it. it sounds interesting though.

13. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    jediAngela - do you remember anything else about the story? How long ago did you read it? Were there any other characters in it?

14. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    5(?) - I'm looking for a fic by Amidala_Skywalker entitled "Beneath the Silver Lining". It's a L/M vignette; I don't remember the subject, but it was angsty. It's too old to be searched for w/ the search function, so I'm a bit at a loss ... anyone have a link?

15. HHP

HHP Jedi Master

Jan 18, 2004
  16. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    When looking for a story, always try to be as specific as possible :).

LOL, Elli. You?re hilarious, darling ;).

Am [face_love]

17. HHP

HHP Jedi Master

Jan 18, 2004
    I've found stories by looking through the major indexes. (A few used to be sticky threads on the Classic board). I don't know if these links are listed anywhere else, but I'll put them here anyway. :p Just use your browser's search function (under 'edit' in the tool bar) to search for keywords on each page of the index.

Official Story Index - Julie's massive index (linked also in the header). Covers stories begun Dec 2000 - Aug 2002, plus authors posting links to individual stories through the present time (Julie no longer maintains the index).

These indexes cover stories on the Classic board as well as some on the new era boards:
    Before the Saga Index - stories begun Oct 2002+
    Saga Index - stories begun Oct 2002+
    Beyond the Saga Index - stories begun Oct 2002+

Also, the Indexer's Index: Guide to Story Indexes lists several specific genre and character indexes.

Aunecah_Skywalker began the Official Character Index based on Mel's monthly indexes. Currently separates March 2003/April 2003 stories by character. Although incomplete, the index does cover all eras for those few months so it might save you some searching.

Melyanna also maintains monthly indexes for each of the new boards (covering March 2003 and beyond). That would be about 36 separate links. :p Of course, these boards' search function would probably work for stories about a year old.

Edit: Oh, what the hey. I have the links anyway because I'm a nerd. :p

Before the Saga Monthly Indexes
    March 2003
    April 2003
    May 2003
    June 2003
    July 2003
    August 2003
    September 2003
    October 2003
    November 2003
    December 2003
    January 2004
    February 2004
    March 2004
    April 2004

The Saga Monthly Idexes
    March 2003
    April 2003
    May 2003
    June 2003
    July 2003
    August 2003
    September 2003
    October 2003
    November 2003
    December 2003[/

18. vader_incarnate

Jul 29, 2002
    *squeals* Thanks, Bel!

*laughs* I'm adorable, Empress. [face_love] You know you love me. ;)

19. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I haven't forgotten it, I have been looking thru the the indexes some also.

I found one that was close, but I don't think it was the exact one you were looking for.

20. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    I do remember that the fic did involve family and the idenity of Obi's family. im on the verge of giving up, ive looked everywhere!

21. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Have you ever reviewed it?

22. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    i dont think i did. i think by the time i found it, it was locked. it also could be on ff.net, and here, i do remember seeing it in both places...

23. Tatooine_native

Tatooine_native Jedi Master star 1

Sep 6, 2003
    angela - I don't think this is the fic you're looking for but it sounds similar - The Power of a Moment by Meredith - Qui survives TPM to train Anakin; Obi seems to have prophetic dreams but he's not injured from what I could tell.

24. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    thats not it...im giving up...i guess it was deleted...

25. vader_incarnate

Jul 29, 2002
    Has anyone read a fic called "Frozen"? On ff.net, it's titled "F R O Z E N: The Dark Side of Love". It's an A/A story where Padme had been frozen for years upon years and finally unfrozen by Mace Windu. Anakin became Vader but w/o the suit, the twins were never born. The beginning part on ff.net intrigued me, and I'm pretty sure there's more here, if only I can find it.