main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Looking for so called Star Wars "geeks"

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by grimjinx, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grimjinx

grimjinx Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2010
    Hi all,

This is a complete long shot but I'm looking for some help. I'm working on the tv show Beauty & the Geek. You may have seen it, basically we partner 8 guys with 8 beauties as a bit of a social experiment. I?m currently looking for super passionate ?geek?s? to perhaps participate in our show and help teach some of our beauties a thing or too. So far I?ve been greatly disappointed in the guys I have met who claim to be Star Wars geeks, failing to have an answer for simple questions of whether Luke can understand R2 without Threepio or who Mara Jade is. I'm posting this to all the differen Star wars groups in Oz.. If I've missed one please spread it round.

In my broad search we?ve been contacting all sorts of groups, looking for either people, or people who know people, who might be appropriate. The guys we're looking for are intelligent, articulate and looking for a bit of a fun or different experience to both teach and learn in. Preferably single as well, and shyness is not a problem for us. Our guys are so important, so we look far and wide. This wouldn?t be limited to those who are into Star Wars; we?re really looking at anyone! For our show the geeks are the heroes and are very important.

If you know anyone who might be suitable, or think you might be suitable yourself please send me an email at sthomas@sstar.com.au We also have an application at http://beauty-and-the-geek.castasugar.com/ Please feel free to email this around to any mailing lists of appropriate people.

Cheers

Simon

Let it go for a few days just to see if anyone was interested. Locking it now. ;)

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Well Simon there are a few geeks out there, and yes, we have some SINGLE ones!! SO give it about 24 - 36 hours for the word to get out, and see what comes back to bite you! This group shows you that Geeks do get married though, many of us are not single! LOL! AND...we have a few single ladies in our group who could answer those questions without any major issues!!! If not, I will answer them for those people! LOL!!

Who is Mara Jade, gimme a break!?! Do you think my husband of 20 years would let me.......naw.......... :p

3. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    I'm only applying for this because I know I won't get chosen :p

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Stang would I laugh if you did! And we'd make sure a fill SW event was organised for you to show the lady how much of a geek you really are!! :p

5. grimjinx

grimjinx Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2010
    @sabre_11- You never know! Throw your hat in the ring at the address above and see how you go.

Adalia, I'm looking forward to hearing from some people. I figure if someone can beat me at Star Wars trivia they are a shoe-in. Not that I know a lot though! They're some pretty easy questions to get people going, but will weed out the people who have only seen the films!

Feel free to forward to any mates or acquaintances, the more the merrier!

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Already done so grimjinx and I'm pretty sure most of us could out geek the average geek!

7. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    The missus reckons I should give it a go. [face_laugh]

8. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Actually five years ago I tried out for Beauty and the Geek in the states. Didn't get the part obviously.

Not that I wouldn't love to try out again but I am stateside for now.

9. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    I wish I was a guy cause I'd try out for a part if I was. I reckon I'm geeky enough... let us know if you ever do a "Handsome man and the geek" show. :) I think you'd have a few women here interested!

10. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    I think there is a certain bit of ugliness for the show to be able to try out as the nerd. So Goddess take it from me you probably wouldn't get on. You are like Beauty and the nerd and on top of it Canadian. Which means to some Australians, you are from North America hence anything associated with Hollywood must be true like the Mob. Or sex and the city.

11. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Wait, what?

12. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    A real triple threat [face_laugh]

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You could be the first Hawt Geek!! One who covers BOTH bases!!! (and no, I am not a creepy old lady......sheesh)

14. LittleTinGoddess

LittleTinGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 7, 2006
    As an Australian, I'm slightly offended by that.

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Aussies are just as hot if not hotter, nationality means little when it comes to being attractive Beez, beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.