main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking for someone with techncal knowledge of sound mixing to help in LotR project

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by Connemara, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    No, my LotR pardies still haven't died, the entire dialogue still sits nestled snugly on my harddrive, taunting me with it's incompleteness.

I have come to the conclusion I am completly and utterly inept at the technical aspects of audio drama, yet, like all theatrical productions, absolutely adore the rest of it. I would love for this to be finished. Everyone who has seen the script has found it brilliant, and I have many many talented voice actors who contributed to this production. I hate for all that to go to waste.

If there is anyone willing to lend a bit of their time and help me put this together, I would be eternally grateful. Respond here or PM me. Thanks!

(I hope no one minds me putting this in for a non-SW audio drama, I noticed there was an Indiana Jones one, so I figured it was all right, but I hope I don't offend.)

2. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    You're still working on it!!

Cool!!

3. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    I'm sorry...do I know you?

And yes, I am sill hoping to complete it. But until I find someone who can help me, it's a dim hope.

4. Darthness

Darthness Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    I haven't actually tried doing this, but I'm sure a Sound Tracker would work fine as an audio mixer. There are some free ones available on the web.

This page has some links to some trackers.

Here's the good old google search.

If you use a mac, then go here.

5. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Thanks for the links, however what I am looking for here is actually someone who have knowledge and experience using Wavelab or a similiar sound mixing program. :)

6. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I don't know about wavelab, but I do know Cool Edit which I purchased before it became Adobe Audition.

I may be able to help you a little bit with sound editing, but I can't do much, I tend to be somewhat busy.

7. LLL

Jul 16, 2000
    I did that edit for you a while ago.

(I used to post in here under Scribe88.)

8. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Thanks Ul...incidentally, do you remember me from C3? I believe you were one of the SW en Direct broadcasters at the 501st party, right?

I understand about being busy, though, but lemme know if you know anyone else who might be interested/able to help out.

And scribe...were you my script editor? The one who wrote um...damn I've forgotten the name of the audio drama but I remember it and I liked it.

9. sword_of_raditz

sword_of_raditz Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    Where are your old radio things?

10. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    What do you mean, raditz?

11. sword_of_raditz

sword_of_raditz Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    Do you have any?

12. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Have any what? I don't catch your meaning. I have all the dialogue, if that's what you mean.

13. LLL

Jul 16, 2000
    *falls over laughing*

Rise of Nobility. Yeah.

I started another one, about Padme and Palpy a few years down the road, but I started writing this FANFIC, and THE FANFIC IS TAKING OVER!!!

AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

[face_hypnotized]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.