main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Looking for the dark, minigames the women of country challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Sep 14, 2022.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Looking for the dark
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: AOTC
    Character: Jocasta Nu
    Genre: mini games challenge

Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm belongs to Disney.

From @amidalachick and her the women of country challenge I got #1 "I Keep Looking" by Sara Evans

Looking for the dark

Jocasta Nu stood with admiring looks before the statue of Count Dooku. She had seen him when she was a senior padawan. He was five years old but had made quite an impression on her with his dark eyes and demanding gaze.

She had seen him more. One time he was visiting the archives with his master Thame Cerulian and very interested in the Corellian files. She had stashed them on a place hidden for most because they were about marriage and attachment. But Dooku wanted to study the ancient holocrons and learn more about the dark times, the Sith.

She loved him for that. An apprentice seeking knowledge. Loving her archives.

She followed his progress. She saw him becoming the best in duels with a lightsaber. Fighting against master Yoda, taught by him because of his talent.

He was knighted when he was only 20. Quite an accomplishment.

But why did he take the rebel Qui-Gon Jinn as his apprentice? He raised him to knighthood but became distant from him.

She revered him. His second padawan – Komari Vosa – was more to her liking. She had seen that girl, growing up when she took a padawan. Jerec, a miraluka and like her very interested in archeology and studying archives.

Like Dooku, like Komari Vosa, like Jerec, she wanted to know all about the dark and the light with the dark being even more attractive.

FIN

2. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    This is a great response to the challenge! I like how her and Dooku's quest for knowledge is what draws them to the dark side. :redsaber:

Kahara and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  3. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Ooh, it was so interesting to read Jocasta's perspective on Dooku. The way she talked to Obi-Wan about Dooku in the deleted scene from AOTC that still made it into the novelizations always made it seem like she held him in a great deal of esteem so I love how you have explored that fascination and respect she had for him. You really are able to capture her so well and show what she is thinking about Dooku as he grows and give that sense of that common thirst for knowledge of light and dark that drives them both. Well done!=D=

4. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Great job! The song is very fitting for a librarian and archivist who loves looking for more knowledge and understanding more in their world. I enjoyed reading about Jocasta's respect for Dooku and how she saw him as something of a kindred spirit who also loved searching for knowledge, even if that knowledge might have been somewhat taboo among the others (or maybe especially because it was taboo). I can also see how Jocasta might not have a great opinion of Qui-Gon, heh. Great work!