main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking For Yoda - Please Respond ASAP

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Master--Kenobi, Sep 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    *Raises hand* Had I the money, I'd be up for a trip to London. :p

2. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    well my mother and sister are going back for a visit at the end of the year. i can always ask them to give yoda a helping hitchhike back here :p lol

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If we knew where he was one of us fans that live near London could get him and send him on or back..however I don't know the person who has him..

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    TheDarthVader has him
    But we cant contact him

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    He hasn't logged in since Aug 23 either. I checked his ID and he isn't banned or anything like that.

6. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Ok, he has an email address in his profile as "darthvader@hotmail.co.uk".
    I googled that and got a weird result that the "darthvader@hotmail.co.uk" is up for sale on ebay - http://www.mirror.co.uk/webandgadgets/iblog/tm_column_date=23112004-name_index.html - but that is from last year.

I have now found the email address linked with a username on SW.com forums - http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jspa?messageID=10028439 - Darth Thade.

That's where I am stumped, he has no other trace on boards. You may want to try the email address, maybe he at least still checks that?

:( Hope this gets sorted out soon

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Raj said he's texted/called him, I believe. [face_tired]

8. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    I blame Raj for it all. Good for nothing lazy student

9. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    I'm working with Raj on this. It is worrying at the moment, because TDV was supposed to start college/uni this september, and he didn't. We know he was ill over the summer, so we're unsure of what that may mean.

We have taken another step to contact him and will wait to see what comes of it.

10. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    Concern for Yoda aside for a minute, I hope TDV is okay.

11. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    my thoughts exactly. I hope everything is ok.

12. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Exactly...does anyone have his address to check on him in person?

13. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Yes, we're sorting something out now.

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Thank you Raj and Jairen. [:D]

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Drat. Ben just informed me that Ewan isn't doing Guys and Dolls anymore. :(

Kim, it looks like we're going to have to go to Scotland to hunt him down now. ;)

16. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Just keep an eye out for a biker with a kilt and his wedding tackle freely wafting in the wind - that'll be Ewan. Dirty nekkid Scotsman :p

17. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
  18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    =P~

19. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    ROFLMFJAO!!! Yup gotta love him!

Which BTW...Is he EVER gonna release Long Way Round in American Format...I may have to break down and buy PAL..just because I didn't videotape the very last episode ARGGHHH
    Also, timbolton, if you don't mind, I see a new signature line outta that "biker with a kilt"..That is just too funny!

20. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    :( Afraid I don't think a region 1 dvd version will ever be out, see the main reason is that LWR is region 0 (ie multi-region) so in theory it can be played anywhere in the world - it will work on your dvd player. The problem is the pal format - that is UK only, so if you do get the dvd you CAN'T play it on most US TVs. You should be able to play it on your computer though, as that isn't NSTC/PAL dependant. I know Meri and Anu (MEPA people) have it, since Mark on here got Meri it and I got Anu it, and from the screams of joy from Meri via MSN I think she got it playing on her comp lol.
    I still have yet to get it myself, I like Ewan as a good actor but I ain't female so I can resist buying it :p
    Maybe one day, it is £11 in some shops now ...
    I do want that jungle adventure he had with Ray Mears (Ewan was such a star in that, and it has Aztec ruins so double bonus) but no DVD released as yet :(

[Sarge Capone from Aliens]"Be my guest!"[/Sarge] :D
    I think that is a first for me quote-wise, I'll have to think up some more :p

21. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Great, "Biker with a kilt..." will be duly stolen and used.

Thanks again.. And thanks for the info on the DVD...putting in my order now!:D

22. TheDarthVader

TheDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    I have Master Yoda, I demand you hand over 10 million Imperial Credits, a Super Star Destroyer with a safe command bridge, a Suit that doesn?t make me look like the lost member of the Village People and a self polishing helmet (all that work making it glimmer more and more throughout the trilogy really took its toll on my lightsaber arm). Do my bidding and Yoda will not be harmed. And I forgot, two tickets to Guys and Dolls.

TheDarthVader has arisen from his torpor. Please don?t send a delegation of blood thirsty Jedi Knights to liberate Yoda. Raj_Vader promised I would be granted safety from persecution. This is a non-hostile situation and not an abduction, I come out with my metal hands up.

Jokes aside, Master?Kenobi and Miana Kenobi, I am extremely sorry for all the trouble I have caused you (PM SENT). To Jairen and Raj_Vader, I am sure you are extremely irritated and want my blood, I hope my apologies stop you going all Order66 on me.

Jedi_Jimbo thanks for your concern

23. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Hmmmm Well, Padawan, I know that since our little "disagreement" we had on Mustafar..and your overblown delusions of grandure , choking your wife to death, getting your remaining arm and legs sliced off, and doing a fair imitation of the Pillsbury Dough Boy (Roasting at 450 degrees to a Golden Brown) AND preferring the company of a Certain Member of Politics instead of hanging around with a good-looking Scottish Jedi.......I guess anyone can have an off-day. So, being stuck in a sealed-up, probably smelly suit for eternity (or until at least your whiney kid grows up and pulls the helmet off) is punishment enough. [face_laugh]

So, no Order 66 for you, and yes, you have been granted safe passage while you deliver our Good Master to his next stop. Now, um.. I do understand that Master McGregor is STILL performing in Guys and Dolls until mid-Dec. So.."cough...cough"" if an assignment is needed for your guilt to be complete.. Then there it is...

Now for the serious part. Glad that you are ok. While Yoda was a major concern, on our side of the Pond, Miana and I were also concerned about you being ok as well. So glad everything worked out. Now, we do want pictures....and if there is anyway of getting a group shot of London FF with the little green dude...and a note to my classroom (I teach Special Education and my 4th through 8th graders (8 years old to 13 years old) are dying for some kind of communication and pics of you guys (in or out of costume) Would be great. And then you would get an email or if someone wants to pm me an address from our class in return!).

Now, Anak...um..Vader...You know what must be done! :D Oh yeah before I forget... I'm a Huge fan of Village People (yes I know.. I must hang my head in shame)..and I will now ..never..ever...be able to look at the "leather Boy" the same way again.. :-B

24. TheDarthVader

TheDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    "AND preferring the company of a Certain Member of Politics instead of hanging around with a good-looking Scottish Jedi"

I will have you know that Darth Sidious is also a very good looking Scottish Sith, he is described as handsome on the Star Wars Databank. I much prefer his company to that of others, even that of my wife. I never intended on throwing him down the Death Star reactor shaft, I slipped.

25. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    ROFLMFJAO!!!

Ani, Ani, Ani...

You "slipped?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.