main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Looking to film a fan film, anyone interested?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Connemara, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Hi, I'm in Toronto for the summer and fall, working on some film projects, and I got this idea for a fan film. I've never done one before, but always wanted to.

My film length's about 10 minutes, predominantly it is a lightsaber battle but with a lot of dialogue to create a backstory.

I know some people in this Fan Force have a fair amount of experience with Fan Films, I would welcome your help gratefully. There's several areas I need help:

Casting

I am casting for four characters:

One young male Jedi apprentice (teenager) and one female apprentice, also a teenager or can at least pull off looking young.

A male and female Jedi Master, flexible on their ages though they'd have to at least look older than 25 if possible.

The major characters are the apprentices, the Jedi Masters are much less involved roles and their parts will likely all be shot in one day and merely require memorization of their lines. The apprentrices will also have to be willing to work on choreography.

Props and costumes

I don't honestly know what is required for the actual filming part of a lightsaber battle. I know you can edit in the lightsaber later, but wooden dowels are required for the shoot, correct?

If anyone has saber props used in a fan film or could be used for a fan film available and would be willing to lend them out, that would be great, please let me know.

The same with robes. Will need at least two for the shoot, if anyone has any they are willing to lend out.

Shooting locations

If anyone has ideas for good locations, please let me know so I can go scout them out. I am seeking a café setting, an office (preferably clean and Jedi-looking), and an empty alleyway or warehouse.

Also if there is anywhere else I might find people willing to help or advise on the project, please let me know. Thanks so much for your time.

2. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    I don't have much in the way of talent or costumes, but have a fair enthusiasm for filmmaking. Time permitting I would love to help.

3. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    I am ALWAYS up for fan filming... hehe... assuming I can make it... Note: I have no skills, I make them up as I go?... I can do a sabre spin, in either hand... lol

shameless self promotion... Marvel Zombie Trailer... Stargate: Hades (Teaser)... and Star Wars: Lost Soul (74 meg)...

Here's a link that has films showing the talents of some members... http://grey-starr.ca/StarWars/Vids/sw_duel/index.htm

oh yeah, btw... I have a Trooper and Han Solo costume...

4. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I'd be more then happy to apply for the role of one of the male jedi. If you're gonna be at the fan expo next month I'd be more then happy to meet you then and try out. I also have my own jedi costume and I can make up my own saber and other sabers to use as well.

5. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I have a jedi costume and I am *cough* older *cough*

Always willing to help on a fanfilm

6. AKalel

AKalel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2005
    I am interested in helping you out plus I help run the best sci fi and fantasy group in Toronto perhaps you might consider joining us and maybe even mentioning your project at a meting. Who knows you might be able to find some help. Incidently I hope to be attending the Expo next month and might be able to meet there.

7. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Sure I woudl be interested in joining your sci fi fan group Akalel...can you give me more information? Also, grey starr, did you get my last PM or did the boards eat it? That tends to happen to me a lot. :p

8. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    I just found the PM... for some reason, it went straight into the read messages... I'll reply as soon as I can...

9. assetic

assetic Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2005
    I have a Barbie Jedi costume.... does that help? :p

10. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Well...not so sure about the Barbie Jedi costume, but if you're interested I'd love to have you as a part of the project. :) Like I was saying, your reputation precedes you. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.