main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lord of the Rings music... Gosh, I love it!

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Sithman, Oct 28, 2001.

1. Emperor's Prize

Emperor's Prize Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 1999
    Ack! Another week?

Boooooooooooooooo ....

:p

I pre-ordered it from Amazon (I don't trust the local stores to stock the set) so I guess I'll have to wait until after Thanksgiving to listen to it since I'll be out of town that week.

:p

But I completely understand the reasons behind it.

2. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    I have all 3 of the movies soundtrack cd's and I never get tired of listening to them. One of the most beautiful scores ever produced. =D= And I do admit to be moved to tears by some of the tracks. I would love to own the complete collection, because theres some lovely pieces of music on the Extended edition that I love (the houses of healing) but at that price I won't be able too just yet lol

3. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    That's why I've bought them each as they've come out. All at once would be killer. I will say again for the umpteenth time in this thread (vermutlich) that these scores are still my favorite non-John Williams scores out there. I listen to them regularly and love them dearly.

4. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    If anyone's interested, the ROTK CR is available on iTunes to download for about $25.

5. Darth_Vader-Anakin

Darth_Vader-Anakin Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2002
    DON'T DO IT! DON'T DO IT!

Hold it out for one more week!

6. rogrdashrubber

rogrdashrubber Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2005
    Why hold out? You're getting all the music for LESS than half of the listed box set price! Sure, you aren't getting a cardboard box, or CD's with fancy designs on them, or the liner notes, but what are you getting? Almost FOUR hours of music! For less than 30 bucks! I think that's a great deal.

7. Darth_Vader-Anakin

Jul 22, 2002
    You're also getting one of best film music releases in history at an extremely low bit rate.

8. rogrdashrubber

rogrdashrubber Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2005
    I'm listening to it as I type right now, and it sounds pretty sweet.

9. Blonde_Handmaiden

Blonde_Handmaiden Jedi Youngling

Oct 7, 2007
    Howard Shore did a phenomenal job on it. I love "In Dreams" That's just the kind of song I'd listen to when I want a pick-me-up.

10. andy1044

andy1044 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 26, 2006
    Yikes, I just listened to the samples in the iTunes store and I would gladly pay the extra for the better quality sound.

11. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    It's awesome. It's huge and expensive, but awesome. I listened to the first disc and a half in my car today, now I am importing it into iTunes and listening from the beginning. It's great so far!

12. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    great. and amazon.de is entirely unable to get it.

13. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Wow. This set is just... wow.

There are so many standout moments I can't even keep track. I think my current favorite is the statement of the Fellowship theme as Sam confronts Shelob. That tiny piece of music literally gives me chills every time.

14. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Bah, I probably won't get mine until next Monday due to the holiday weekend. It's still one UPS station away this afternoon.

15. yodas_waiter

yodas_waiter Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Bah, I'm really miffed. Howard Shore is in Stockholm this evening performing the soundtrack from the Lord of the Rings. I found out about this yesterday, so it was too late to get a ticket. I wish it had been advertised much more [face_frustrated] Hopefully, there'll be more opportunities...right?

16. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    One can hope. I saw the LOTR Symphony in Frankfurt with Senny.... that was pretty damn cool.

17. Crash_Davis

Crash_Davis Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2006
    Aaargh! I just found out that my wife does not want me to buy this because she said that perhaps Santa might leave it under the tree for me on Christmas morning! I can't hold out!

18. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    All I've ever seen of Frankfurt was the main station and the airport. The Symphony was in Köln. Want me to scan the ticket that says Kölnarena on it? ;)

as for the CR... still waiting...

19. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    LOL! You are absolutely right. It was Köln.

20. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    My ROTK CR is on my desk now, waiting to be ripped into iTunes.

21. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I spent yesterday listening to it in depth and changing things around like I want them. I renamed a few tracks, combined a few and divided a few as well.

22. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    I've only got to listen to the entire thing once through so far, and not yet in 5.1.

I've got some of my favorite cues added to my playlists though. Lots of great new Moth Theme. Heroic Moth Theme. I can't believe these weren't included on the OST.

23. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Ooooooooh I should listen to it in 5.1!!! :D I haven't done that yet.

24. Darth_Vader-Anakin

Jul 22, 2002
    Oh yes, that's amazing. I haven't listened to the whole thing in 5.1, but some of the best stuff like Lighting of the Beacons and For Frodo. Best listened to loud as hell of course!

25. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Lighting of the Beacons is one of my favorites. Also the Far Green Country is just awesome. "For Frodo" as well. I really need to listen to it more to find my favorites though. There is SO much great stuff.