main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto *** Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers --- Movienights ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Dec 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Three Three Three showings of the Two Towers with the one true line.

**Midnight showing**
    Brave soul. You dare the cold. The line. A nosebleed travelling up the Paramount?s escalator.
    The Lord of the Rings Line Party is gathering at noon ? and any who can are welcome to join them. The Toronto Long Line?s official gathering place and time is Chapters, 6pm (let?s meet in the warm, shall we?). We will have a leisurely dinner at one of the local establishments (Shopsy?s perchance?) and then join up with the rest of the line.
    There are two showings ? a midnight and a 12:05 ? but the tickets are going fast so grab them while you can.

Where: The Paramount, John&Richmond
    When: Tuesday, Dec. 17th. Gather in Chapters at 6pm. Have a leisurely dinner and rejoin the LotR Line Party people who will have been there since noon.

Is anyone aware of a 24hr establishment in the vicinity where we can gather afterward for a cup of coffee?

**Evening Show**
    A more civilized hour to watch the film, we?ll be gathering for the 8pm showing at the Yonge & Eglinton Silver City. Meet up at the entrance of Toys R Us at 6pm and then we?ll head over to the food court for some grub. After the movie, there?s always coffee and donuts at Tim Hortons, just north of the theatre on Yonge.

Where: Silver City, Yonge&Eglinton
    When: Wednesday, Dec 18th. Gather at Toys R Us entrance at 6pm. Movie starts at 8pm.

Mark your calanders...
    January 18th is Hobbit appreciation day. We?ll be gathering at the Yonge/Sheppard Grande for a matinee showing of The Two Towers. Nitty gritty details to follow.

2. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Cool, I'll be there for the 8pm show with some friends from Mac. Looking forward to it.

I don't think I'll be able to stay late though, 8am class the next day.

3. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I have an exam at 2pm on the 18th. Depending on how long it takes I just MIGHT be able to make the 8pm show... but that's not for sure... I had planed to see a 10pm show at Y&E... but maybe it'll turn out that I can make the 8... will have to think about this.

4. Nyla

Nyla Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Just bought myself a ticket for the 12:05 show...and I'm not even sure if I can go yet.
    :p

5. Jedi_Sheridan

Jedi_Sheridan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2001
    I will see what mischeif my freinds back home are up to and if they are ready to partake in the second chapter....likely we will be going to the second showing...I cant buy my tickets till ig et to the door as I am out of moolah!

6. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    The Wednesday evening showing looks good to me! I may be a few mins late though if I have to work that Wednesday.

Sabrina

7. Nyla

Apr 18, 2002
    Woohoo! Managed to swing a vacation day on Wednesday...which is just as well since I have an exam that night :p

Is anyone going to be at the midnight show on Tuesday? ...or will I be all alone :(

:D

8. SandwichBoy

SandwichBoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2000
    ...okay, this is just plain sad. So far from the two threads coving this, I'm seeing about 3 people actually making it to the midnight showing. C'mon people! It's the two towers fer chrissakes...

9. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    > C'mon people! It's the two towers fer chrissakes...

Yes, and if I wasn't more than 400 km away I would be there. You have to understand, people have exams, jobs, lives even.

10. Sabrina001

Mar 12, 2002
    I *am* going to the midnight showing...
    In woodbridge

Sabrina

11. SandwichBoy

Dec 11, 2000
    yes, I do understand people have lives and all, but this is the first time I've seen obligations manage to win out on a movie like this...it is a dark, dark day for fandom...

12. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Fandom - A fascination and enjoyment of specific topic.

Obsession - Missing important things for a movie. :p

Sorry dude, but obligation is obligation. Sometimes you just can't get the night off. And as it happens a bunch of people can't make it. Sad but true. However, in my experience, insulting them doesn't help.

13. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    The only thing that was holding me back was getting the tickets. Kept getting errors the night before. But now I hold in my hot little hand a confirmation of tics for the 12:05 showing. See you there :)

oooooh Gimli!

14. EBCorp3

EBCorp3 Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    >...okay, this is just plain sad. So far
    >from the two threads coving this, I'm
    >seeing about 3 people actually making it
    >to the midnight showing. C'mon people!
    >It's the two towers fer chrissakes...

I'll be there. Please don't hit me.

15. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

I'll be there for the midnight showing. wouldn't miss it for anything :)

16. Pissenlit

Pissenlit Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2001
    My ticket for the 12:01 showing is burning a hole in my wallet :)...now if only I can survive my exam this friday and be done for the holidays :p

17. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    so noone is seeing the 8pm at eglinton?

and boourns to those who can go to the midnight show. curses.

18. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    Adam, I might be joining you for the 8pm... hard to see the furure is.

19. Sabrina001

Mar 12, 2002
    Adam, I might also be there for the 8pm showing.

Sabrina

20. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    cool. My friends are coming from out of town and we are trying to figure out whether we need to be inline for like 6pm, to get good seats - but we'd also want to go for dinner. Maybe a rotation or something would work. Have x amount of people stay in line while y amount of people go for food, the switch.

At 6am I tend to note re-read threads before I post, so forgive me if you already said you were coming for that time and I missed it.

21. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, Greg was only able to get tickets for the 11:30 PM show, so that's what I'll be seeing. Perhaps we'll catch you guys coming out of the 8 just before our show starts.

One and all are welcome to join for the 11:30 show if anyone feels like it.

-----

Also of note, Watonya (from Kentucky) e-mailed me... looks like she'll be joining the line for the midnight show.

The more the merrier. :)

22. da-Uncle

da-Uncle Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    I'd like to join you guys but I'm working until 9PM. And I'm in Markham. I won't be able to get there till late! Please, PLEASE!! Save me a ticket and a place in line!! I will definately be there. If you can't please let me know. Tragic.. You know how to contact me by email still, right?

23. Nyla

Apr 18, 2002
    Well, common sense has won over, and I won't be going. :(

As much as I'd like to pretend I don't have a final exam on Wednesday worth 50% of my mark...seeing the midnight show before my exam would just be a throughly bad idea.

Argh...obligations won this round... :p

24. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    da-Uncle: (As I said on ICQ) I don't think we have any spare tickets, so your best bet is to buy a ticket online for the 12:10 show. 12:01 and 12:05 are sold out. Someone can hopefully save you a place in line though.

Nyla: Those darn exams... same problem here, but you are welcome to join a few of us at the 11:30 show at Yonge and Eglinton.

-----

Watonya asked if I would ask for her: 1: If anyone will be dressing up? Costumes? Anything? and 2: Will anyone be bringing games to the line-up?

Seems like she's hoping to play some epic duels... and really, why not? SW games, LotR games, anyone?

25. SandwichBoy

Dec 11, 2000
    I was planning on bringing at least Epic Duels and Chez Dork to the lineup, but I can also bring SW Stratego too if anyone wants (though the theatre staff is probably going to wonder why I'm carrying luggage around in the paramount...) as 12 hours is about enough time to play, oh, two games of stratego if that last game with Greg and Glenn was any indication.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.