main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI Lose 30 for CVI!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by DarthBreezy, Jul 23, 2009.

1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Oh hell yes - Slave Leia bikini by CX [face_laugh]

2. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Slave Leia bikini!?!? That's one of my goals too! 8-} Although I may need to shave my goatee if it doesn't go well with the outfit.

3. Photo-Knight

Photo-Knight Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 9, 2007
    I started bicycling to work as part of my effort. Now that I've found that I actually enjoy it, I'll be continuing.

4. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    Riding a bike to work is an awesome idea. I dont live near my work so I cant, but if I did I would ride.

5. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Iv taken up walking a 5 mile trail every Sunday morning along with the 5 day a week work out at work.

6. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    I get all my excercise Monday-Friday and I usually take it easy on the weekends. I do get burn a few calories on Saturday and Sunday. Bringing that cooler full of beer to the grill or to the pool can really take alot out of you! :cool:

7. Jinsei

Jinsei Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2010
    If your work has showers, and you live 12-15 miles out from work then bike riding is the way to go. I live in the bay area, and know some one that actually bikes to work 20 miles out. And it only takes him an hour to get to work (compared to the 2+ hours by car..hen traffic). But even just biking on the weekends, or small runs helps.

8. Jinsei

Jinsei Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2010
    I'd like to say YEAH!!!! to everyone who's lost weight in anticipation of reaching their goals. :)

I'm not a nutritionist, but I have helped my friends- and recived help myself- with trainning, and in starting to become a personal trainer (though that's on hiatus again for now)

So, a few pointers as we go into the home streatch...

If you start to see yourself gaining weight even though you're excercising, stop counting calories and looking at the scale, and instead start using a tape measure to measure your arms, thighs chest and waist. You're most likely gaining muscle which weighs more than fat. A good way to show this (with words) is that you can carry five pounds of muscle in your hand. Five pounds of fat will fit into both hands and then some.

Furiafelina, you said that you went from 117 to 124, if you've been working out, that's most likely what happend. I was at 109-110 for the longest time, until I started working out on a regular basis with weights. I'm now at 140 (average) and happy to say that it is all quite visably muscle...except for my chest..but I'm a girl, so I think that I can be forgiven for that part. :p Oh, I'm also 5'6, which puts me in a good weight range. My job had reqired me to be weight conscience in regards to being healthy and very fit. Here's a ggood chart to go by to see where you should be in weight, according to your frame and height. :)

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

YEAH!!! to everyone, no matter where you're at!!

9. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    My final weigh in before I leave on Wednesday is -74lbs!!! [face_dancing] It has taken 17 months but its well worth it. I always cheat on Sat and Sun, so I am only working out on Monday and thats it till I get back.

10. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I just wanted to give everyone a update. Today was a milestone for me. Today at weigh in, I made the - 60LBS mark.
    My gole was 40LBS by CV and I did make that but 60LBS just blows me away and My NEW gole is 100LBS..No date..Just want to make that.

11. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I unlocked this thread because I wanted to let everyone know how I did.
    My goal by CV was 40 LBS. I met that goal and today June 2011,Im a healthy 204LBs and have lost 96 LBs since Jan 2010.

12. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [face_dancing]=D==D=

13. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    Great job echo-3! Congrats!!! This thread is a great help for losing the LB's! In the past it really kept me motivated! Best of luck to anyone trying to shed the weight! Its tuff but I know it can be done, I did it, so can ya'll!

14. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    I was thinking about this thread last night in bed and was going to request it be unlocked. :p

Maulfly and I need to lose some baggage before C VI; I even told her that since WDW won't have August '12 dates up until December that there are target weights to hit before I say yes to us going to C VI.

15. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Great job!

I have lost 30 since the winter of 2010, I would be very happy if I could loose 10 more before CVI, so I'll keep that as a goal.

Due to some medical issues my weight loss isn't just about "eat less, exercise more" though, so I really need to struggle to even loose one lb. Basically the weight I'm at now is what I could reach, quite easy, it's the rest that's going to be hard.

16. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Great accomplishment Echo 3!

17. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Great job echo-3!! I remember seeing this for CV and I'm going to take the challenge this time around for CVI!

18. Solo_Jaina

Solo_Jaina Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2007
    I'm REALLY going to try and drop some lbs before CVI. I'd like to be able to wear a few costumes that are form fitting without feeling like a fatty. I'm at 145 right now, so I'd settle for losing 20-30lbs.

Lets DO this! >=D

19. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Thanks all. Iv got 20 more I want off for good. Im 203lb now. Id like to be around 185 or so.

20. ANGRY_LEIA

ANGRY_LEIA Jedi Master star 1

May 15, 2002
    I'll take up the challenge for CVI! I need to lose 30lbs anyways, so why not? My plan will probably be to go vegetarian or vegan, that usually seems to be the trick for me to lose weight, no animal fats.

Only thing I worry about is if I start now, will I lose it, then regain it before CVI? Wonder if I should wait til it gets closer, hahahaha!

Martha

21. kina

kina Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2010
    I'll also like to take on this challenge. Hopefully, I can lose what I need to well before CVI and then work on maintaining. Feeling comfortable and looking good in my costumes is a big incentive.

22. NarCranor

NarCranor Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 1, 2005
    at 30 years old, I dropped from 265 to 195 (I'm 6'2") after suffering a broken leg through a combination of calorie counting and jogging. I jogged 5 miles a day 3-5 days a week, at a 10m30s pace to 11m pace (though to start you just want to finish the 5 miles jogging, even if its 14 minute miles, just keep jogging, it should take about an hour). I know this sounds intimidating, but every human being can do it, I promise you. If you've ever watched The Biggest Loser, old, incredibly out of shape folks are able to push themselves pretty far beyond what would seem possible. Always bring a friend, and a cell phone in the case of an emergency.

For those of you with a smartphone, I recommend Buddy Runner, a free app that uses GPS and a timer to track your runs. A 5 mile jog at 30 lbs overweight or so should burn close to 1000 calories over the course of the hour. (there are 3500 calories in a pound). Note that 3-5 jogs a week should equal 1 pound of weight burned off every week.

Naturally, food is the other side of this equation. Men, you should be eating 1800-2000 HEALTHY calories a day. Women, it's usually 1600-1800. Now, you work against your own goal if you cut this by too much. Trying to go on a 1000 calorie a day diet is NOT healthy, and WILL NOT help you lose weight in a manner that is helpful (or looks good). Men, don't go below 1500, women, don't go below 1400. Fitday.com is a great free site for calorie tracking. I'm sure most of you have access to a computer all day, simply enter what you eat on the site. If you eat something often, you can take the groceries to the computer and make custom calorie/nutrition count items, like those wookiee cookies you like to make, so you can simply add it to something eaten that day with a click. If you are strong about doing this with your diet, you should (depending on how much overeating you are doing on a daily basis) manage to drop another 2+ pounds per week.

Upon reaching your goal weight (be in in 10 pounds, 30, or 100) increase your calories to a maintenance level (1800-2000 for men, 1600-1800 for women). Continue to track your calories for a few weeks, just until you get a mental idea of what you can eat and maintain. Continue to exercise! Just because you reach your goal weight doesn't mean you should stop working out! Try to get out there jogging at least 3 days a week (or whatever else it is you do).

Remember, it isn't difficult to lose weight. All of you are capable of making a plan and sticking to it for SOME length of time. The question is if you can stick to it long enough to reach your goal, and if you can use that time to make the changes in habit permanent so you maintain your goal weight for a long time afterward. Best of luck everyone!

23. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002

+10

24. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I DID IT!
    I just weighed in and I lost 3 lbs this week making my total 101 LBS in just over 15 months.
    101 LBS. Iv lost the combine weight of my 7 & 10 year olds.
    I am living prof that anyone can loose wieght if they are willing to make two changes in there life. Eating and exercising.

25. ANGRY_LEIA

ANGRY_LEIA Jedi Master star 1

May 15, 2002
    Congrats! Great work! :)